PDA

View Full Version : Hi Boaters! New guy !

CrankB8
05-20-2016, 10:23 AM
I couldn't find a formal thread for newbies, just wanted to introduce myself. I've read a lot of threads on here for a while and decided it was time for me to join. I am a boat-a-holic, and for a hobby, have been trading, buying, and selling boats for over 20 years, and have also started a home business of minor boat repair from home, and have been doing this for about 10 years. It's stressful sometimes, but it can also be a great challenge. I have owned new bass boats and wake board boats, but my passion is the older rockets. I have recently acquired through trading on labor, a barn fresh 1985 Laser. It is not the tunnel hull, but still in great condition. I did have to repair the transom, and replace ALL the wiring (I found the dead rat in the gunwale that chewed all the wiring. He had been dead at least 5 years.). The boat had no motor and I had a Rude 120 laying around and really didn't want to use it. Long story short....sold the motor and got a L-uva deal in a Rude Intruder 150 in great condition. I have added a 6 inch manual jack plate, double nonVRO pump to the engine, and have all gauges and switches working. I'm confident I have the engine to pan height pretty close to where I should be before tweaking. The motor came with a Raker 22P, but I horse traded some old Rude parts around and also have now a Raker 26P. I'm stoked about getting her out and running her, and can't wait to post some results. I hope I can be of some help to people here as much as others here of whom I have researched some info on this Laser to get going with it. Hey, it's great to finally be on here and look forward to chewin with everybody.:cool:

rock
05-20-2016, 04:41 PM
Welcome aboard. Lot of wackos here.

Rock

Scream And Fly
08-11-2016, 04:27 AM
Welcome to Scream And Fly!
We have been seeing a fast-growing trend of more bass boaters registering here, so I wanted to add more content for bass boaters. There will be some very cool features coming up soon!

Greg

tux974
08-11-2016, 05:44 AM
Welcome aboard!! Great place with many good members!.......:thumbsup:

nitro_rat
08-11-2016, 06:06 AM
Welcome! Those old Lasers are some great boats. I was looking for one when I found my Varmint!

Flex
03-30-2017, 03:29 PM
I am also new! Similar background, grew up on water in South LA, love the go fast boats. Got more into water sports, away from outboards. Have always lurked around here to see the impressive boats. Now finished rebuilding a "Cajun special" trying to squeeze more speed out, and here I am!