PDA

View Full Version : G3 aluminum boat. / roll on rubber roofing.

madtunnel
04-22-2016, 08:20 PM
Ok good idea/bad idea. Just picked up a G3 1452 aluminum fishin boat and its got a diamond deck bottom. Painted of course to match the boat. Well that's gonna get Purdy dam hot. Sooo whatchya think about rolling a coat of White rubber roofing on the bottom.

olboatman
04-23-2016, 08:08 AM
Do you mean White Mobile Home Roof Coating. I would rethink using it as it has a tendancy to hold dirt and if it flexes much it will delaminate. I would use truck bed liner that can be ordered by the gal. in different colors. It is nonskid and just about indistructable. I think Dupli-Color makes what you need. Gary

madtunnel
04-24-2016, 08:43 AM
Thanks Gary. Will look into it.

zstyle
04-27-2016, 05:11 PM
Manufacturers use the non-skid, what was previously described, as factory flooring options now.

Flex
03-30-2017, 03:31 PM
I would roll on some light colored non skid coating as the others have mentioned. If you are gentle on your stuff the seadek type material is great. But my tinboat use would wear it out quick!

CircleHook
04-21-2017, 09:19 AM
There is an exterior walkway coating called SKIDNOT. Spelling may be different.
It is made for walkways and ramps. It is latex based with ground up rubber in it. We used it in a Starcraft CC over the plywood floor and up the sides. It was cheap @ under $20 a gallon. Blood will stain it - we would just paint the stains.