PDA

View Full Version : looking for a blackhawk outdrive

jponfrank
03-21-2016, 09:10 AM
Anyone selling a blackhawk outdrive with props. Please let me know. Thanks

STV_Keith
03-21-2016, 02:59 PM
Try Kevin @ R&R Prop Shop in Henderson, NV. I know he had one sitting in his shop at one point. 702-564-7502.

jponfrank
03-21-2016, 03:03 PM
Just called,nice guy. Drive is long gone. Thanks anyway Keith.

johnmiffco
03-21-2016, 04:36 PM
try offshore only
and FB powerboat swap shop
saw 1 on PB last week

jponfrank
03-21-2016, 05:08 PM
Wiil do thanks

ghost28
03-22-2016, 03:56 AM
What are you playing with now joe???

jponfrank
03-22-2016, 04:25 AM
I bought my old 21ft superboat. Regretted the first day I sold it. Sold it to a local guy. Has new interior and a imco -2 lower. Was toying with the idea of putting the blackhawk back on it. It originally came with it. Dont know if its worth doing. Thoughts ?

tux974
03-22-2016, 05:41 AM
Joe, I would call JC if you have not already and ask him what his thought when he ran it with that drive. I know he ran it hard many times and had some pros and cons with it. I'm sure he can give you some good first hand feedback.
Some how we always find our self gravitating back to these boats huh?....:D

jponfrank
03-22-2016, 06:18 AM
Tony,it's funny. I'm curious to see how many people sold there old boats and bought them back. I will call him. I'm more concerned about bolting it up to the transom. I don't want to start replacing the steering rams and such. It now has an Imco-2 lower. 92mph with a labbed 28 bravo one. When my wife saw the boat back in the driveway she said didn't you sell that boat last year,told her no just had it in storage for the winter:

tux974
03-22-2016, 06:29 AM
Tony,it's funny. I'm curious to see how many people sold there old boats and bought them back. I will call him. I'm more concerned about bolting it up to the transom. I don't want to start replacing the steering rams and such. It now has an Imco-2 lower. 92mph with a labbed 28 bravo one. When my wife saw the boat back in the driveway she said didn't you sell that boat last year,told her no just had it in storage for the winter:

Yes, I'm sure many of us!
If you go see him in person bring a Rum & Coke he will spend all time necessary plus provide you with tons of info....:D
That wife comment is great!!......:thumbsup: Mine gave up but occasionally will say, now what did you get....OH nothing.....;)

johnmiffco
03-22-2016, 11:06 AM
if boat is hard to plane,,,,
can always add a 1-2" spacer on the imco
imco drives hold lots of hp

dnelson964
03-30-2016, 08:45 PM
[QUOTE=jponfrank;2840731]Tony,it's funny. I'm curious to see how many people sold there old boats and bought them back.]

I have Joe and just within the last year so I know what you mean. :D

PS. I would stay with the IMCO, parts easily available, spacers to play with setback etc. Speed sounds good already with it. Blackhawk will be difficult to find let alone get the right props and parts for.

Greg G
03-31-2016, 06:05 AM
It now has an Imco -2 lower. 92mph with a labbed 28 bravo one. When my wife saw the boat back in the driveway she said didn't you sell that boat last year, told her no just had it in storage for the winter

If you are running a solid 90mph with the Imco what do you expect you'd gain by going to a BH? I do know where an entire BH is currently, I'll check to see if he wants to sell it as it is a spare. You can't get parts for them anymore, and props are extremely tough to find. I'd stay with the proven and easy to maintain Imco as has been said already. Also a better set up for rough water I would think than a BH

jponfrank
03-31-2016, 06:51 AM
I'm not looking for anymore speed. If I wanted a few more mphs I believe the boat can turn a bravo 30. I was actually more curious on how the boat would handle. The boat originally came with the blackhawk. I did find someone that has one with two sets of props. The question is it really worth it.

dnelson964
03-31-2016, 09:39 AM
The Black Hawk was built for total speed and has the least drag of all lowers, the Imco is a good modern update to a bravo and will have reduced drag but more in the water for better control then BH.

But if you have the money and time for both I wouldn't mind hearing a back to back test on your boat and hear the results you find !

jponfrank
03-31-2016, 10:42 AM
One of the factors I need to find out is if I have to remount the steering ram. If so I'll stick with the bravo.

bor
03-31-2016, 03:48 PM
One of the factors I need to find out is if I have to remount the steering ram. If so I'll stick with the bravo.

You can use that ram and wingplate on a blackhawk , also all parts in the blackhawk are the same as the bravo 1 and 3 only the vertical shaft is different and the guys of max machine worx have it and also have done a few conversions to a xr gears .

The handling will be much better as it has the counter rotation props also will give more speed BUT the boat need to have natural bow lift otherwise it will not work .
I had one on my 21 ft v hull and was really cool and nice only my engine was running 900 rpm idle and it s a very hard shift and idle speed was very fast .
And it give a nice rooster tail :)
props are indeed hard to find but I thought hoss props still can make them

hope this help you

ghost28
03-31-2016, 04:18 PM
I would definetly call coen....if i remember correctly the boat gad more negatives than positives with the blackhawk....Personally i think your wasting your time n money....its super fast n reliable as it sits now...