PDA

View Full Version : Funner than a $40,000 Allison!

FCnLa
04-25-2001, 11:56 PM
:D HAHA! Just kidding. Never been in an Ally, and they are very cool! Just got back from a thrill ride. Old FCs taken apart and is a long way before being put back together. After I left the glass shop today I went by a buddies house. After a while of BS we pulled his play pretty out and decided to take it to the water. Alan's awsome '78 Vandal with a 2.4 Merc, massaged a little with a 15" mid, ect, etc . Center steering was included in the new set up. To be honest guys, before I got my rig, the fastest boat I had been in was a old Glastron (new then) with a 150 inline on it. The first time I drove the Vandal, it had a 175 OMC on it, and I just could not get it (that steering thang) after about 15 min. I got about 30 min in it today and made several passes. I got to hand it to you V hull guys. It takes a little getting used to, BUT YOU TALK ABOUT FUN! MAN, I BET I DON'T SLEEP TONIGHT! I AM FIRED UP BIG TIME AND I WANT MORE! Thanks again Alan, aka Knightrider! This little ride ought to make me get mine back together faster.

PS. If I run in to any of you Ally guys, if you're willing,I WILL ask for a ride!

Mark C.
04-26-2001, 01:26 PM
FC -

You picked a good boat to ride in, though wait until Alan puts that 2.5 on it. Wow!

Definitely take a ride in an Allison if you can. Allison, HydroStream, whatever...they're all fun!

- Mark C.

Fl Boy in ILL
04-26-2001, 06:25 PM
FC
Are you coming to Palakta in May? If you are you could get plenty of rides, i'd be happy to take you for a ride in my new $40,000 Allison. See ya there.

Rick C

bridges
04-26-2001, 06:45 PM
Man I envy you--I'm stuck on land for the next few weeks. But you need to ride in or run an Allison to believe it. If you're ever in West KY I'll take you for a ride in a 1969 15 foot Allison with an old inline six Merc that will run an honest 80--it runs nose up--it'll skeer ya!