PDA

View Full Version : Can I do anything to my 91' 40 Mariner...

speedyfast
03-29-2003, 02:02 PM
Gonna run on a 13 foot marine-ply flatbottom ( see pics floatin' around) Ive tried asking several times but havent got any definate answers about anything. Can I do anything to this engine, i think it was made by Yamaha and is a 2cyl.
Im interested in ss props available for a small engine like this as well as any cheap or quick mods or any for that matter.
Also looking for info on drilling holes above the cavitation plate to make some noise! If anyone can help on any of this please do.
Also, when mounting the engine where should my propshaft be? Even with the pad on a flatbottom also??? ( the whole bottom is really the pad) I only want to drill one set of mounting holes through the mahogany transom so I want to get it right the first time. Thanks.

tabararacing
03-30-2003, 12:09 AM
Give me an email at brian@tabararacing.com, I'll explain to you why financially it's probably not going to be feasable to make modificatiosn to that motor of yours. Props aren't the cheapest thing in the world for small outboards. email:brian@tabararacing.com
Brian