PDA

View Full Version : SHIFT LEVER

JERRELL STONE
08-04-2001, 06:27 PM
I am looking for a used aftermarket shift lever that I can use on my Liberator. Thanks

Hunter
08-06-2001, 05:26 PM
In the absence of any other replies...

Contact Rex Marine. The in-gear/neutral starter cutout switch has been moved from the external side to the internal side (something of a roller cam device) that significantly improves the appearance of the old unit.

Make sure you ask for the mounting hardware and confirm that the cable you have will work. Have someone around to help you find forward/neutral and select the correct attachment point on the throttle to get the correct throw.

Installation is pretty easy. I covered over the hole the old shifter left behind using a thin sheet of aluminum, drilled the new holes, carpeted over that, shot stainless screws through the aluminum and the plywood, and cut off the excess screw.

The nice thing was that, with my application, I was able to get the top of the shifter flush with the deck of the boat.

JERRELL STONE
08-06-2001, 07:55 PM
Thanks for the help Hunter.

Jay Smith
08-06-2001, 08:59 PM
Hey Jerrell,
Call Chuck Goodman @ 1 318 965 0201 (Hydro dynamics)They have them in all colors !

Good luck,
Jay @ JSRE

Barney
08-07-2001, 12:51 PM
Rex has a few more, but Chuck sells GOOD quality stuff and is much closer to you. He is also THE MAN when you decide to put the hose to that bad boy..

Chuck is also THE MAN when it comes to stretching out a 2.4!!!

Too many of us have hated those Rex Shifters!!

OH ****, Delta bracket........

Liqui-Fly
08-07-2001, 01:12 PM
Looks cool but really works like chit. Button backs out and only moves with effort. I think the Rex shifter is pretty much the same. LF

Hunter
08-07-2001, 04:09 PM
Now corrected, I defer to the senior opinions.

Ignoring the outstanding service Rex Marine provided me while outfitting my boat and the absolute satisfaction I have with their shifter, I have now chosen to be unhappy with it.

I have also chosen to follow my flight surgeon's advise and stop drinking beer.

Barney
08-07-2001, 04:19 PM
Really a great place to get parts, all kinds of parts...good service.

Thier shifter is one sore spot many people have had problems with.

Drink beer, please. Most boats will not run without beer on board, it is a safty issue also.

JERRELL STONE
08-07-2001, 07:40 PM
Thanks Guys, Will call Chuck Wed. morning. Jerrell