PDA

View Full Version : "PORKY" The Checkmate Starflight

popeyebob
08-03-2001, 06:47 PM
This is my 21' CheckMate StarFlight.It is pictured tied to my dock, on the Rock River, in Rockford IL. I have a (basicly) stock Merc 200 hp "fishing" motor,set back 12" with a C.M.C. hydraulic jack plate. The motor has 2 stage glass reed's, vented hood,velocity stack's, removed oil injection. I turn a 23p small hub trophy 4 blade (soon to be blueprinted by D.A.H.). I have had good luck with Pennzoil synthetic, and Merc premium @ 50/1.My best g.p.s speed, befor the trophy, was 66.9 mph @ 6400 rpm with a D.A.H. modified yamaha pro23p. The holeshot with the trophy is tremendous.I expect to reach, or exceed the yamaha pro speed, with some mod's to the trophy. I have a 25p yamaha pro to sell, also. It is not blueprinted, just stock. I would like to put an E.F.I. motor on next year, so if anyone know's of a deal, let me know. Blown is o/k, or just the power head.
The boat's name comes from the inlet sound it makes with the velocity stack's, and louver'd hood (snort!- snort!) plus, it's wide and heavy.
Look for my wife (Deb) and I at Firewater, Lake Koshkonong saturday. We were at the "grass root's drag" also, 2 or 3 week's ago. Had a blast watching. Met some very nice people.
Too bad my motor passed the compression test, Balzy! I was hoping for a reason !

[Edited by popeyebob on 08-03-2001 at 10:14 PM]