PDA

View Full Version : Biography

Hunter
08-03-2001, 02:21 PM
Living in Oklahoma, there's not much of anything let alone knowledgeable boaters - mostly just the pontoon boat bunch. It would be beneficial to me if, on the "members" page, the Biography had a searchable, expanded and structured breakdown on, say:

Boat/engine/jackplate/offset/prop/steering/significant mod/other hardware

so I might be able to contact people with similar boats/features and get advise or bounce ideas.

AlaskaStreamin
08-03-2001, 08:02 PM
Hunter, If you have a hydrostream everything is listed on the IHR. http://www.hydrostream.org . The Allison owners board has a page with set-ups also. What are you running??

Hunter
08-04-2001, 09:55 AM
It's a TX19 Youngblood, normally associated with big block powered jets. Powered instead by a 225 Pro Max, it's something of a one-off.

Thanks for the tip.

FCnLa
08-05-2001, 02:50 PM
Youngbloodbrother, you are not alone!

TX18 Youngblood 235 Rude!:D:

Youngblood
08-18-2001, 09:25 PM
Hey Just wanted to let yall know I got the same problem Just bout a Youngblood and Put a Merc. 2.5 on it and cant find anything on it to help me out and tell me anything about the boat.. All I hear is to be CAREFUL cause they will go over with ya !!!!

So, BE CAREFUL !!!!!!!!!!!

ShipBear
09-12-2001, 03:57 AM
Man, Youngbloods are beautiful hulls..
There's alot of us here, with O/B Tunnels...
Got to Love 'em..!!!!
Anyone got any pictures to share..??

Later, Larry

OMCviper@aol.com :D

Youngblood
09-15-2001, 10:10 PM
Hey Shipbear
Good looking boat I got one just like it but Pearl white. What size mid section you got on that boat ?? Looks like a 20 .. Where ya located ?? I'm in south Georgia. Maybe we need to get together and run'em. Take care and have fun.
Brad
brad170@hotmail.com

FCnLa
10-03-2001, 10:58 PM
Not through with mine yet. http://photos.yahoo.com/paulsfcnla

Your right, if you have the wrong prop and/or hit a head wind coming around a bend, it could be bad. I have kited mine twice and it scared the crap out of me. You do not need bow lift with these boats. I have run an pre-SRX 29" to 6800 and a Yammy copy, 27" with a lot of cup to 7000. Yammy copy is my favorite. I need a 30" or more cleaver. Glad to see more out there!:D

souprdave
10-11-2001, 11:18 PM
I have a 17' Liberator mod. Texas Tunnel, supposedly they are known for going over. I have found a mercury cleaver lifts the stern as much as the bow, you can go easier on the trim. Also picks up at least 10 mph over a chopper. Just a thought!

ShipBear
10-12-2001, 02:54 AM
Hey Youngblood, I'm in Mobile Al. Is a 20" Mid..Thats one reason it's jacked so high..I have the 150-SX off , putting it on a Viper. Working on my 235 OMC. for the picklefork..I get it all together I'll love to go boating sometime..

FCnLa, Man thats a nice looking picklefork..!!
Like tho's stacks..When it's cold how do you prime the carbs..?
Nice looking Rig..
Years ago, I had a pure race Tunnel,with a factory race.
V6-OMC..Let a friend take it for a ride..He came around a point, the wind had changed..the boat flipped..he was OK, boat wasn't..

souprdave, Any Tunnel can fly easy if you over trim.I used to trim mine till it started walking, then bump it down a notch..
Just have to really be careful with any of these...That's what makes them so much fun, and the way they look....!!!!

Later Guys, Larry

:D