PDA

View Full Version : 1981 23' Eliminator Daytona - Great Condition!

Flagship
05-02-2015, 09:06 PM
1981 23' Eliminator Daytona & Trailer. 1997 Mercury 2.5 twin outboards. Two (2) sets of props. Boat, trailer, engines and props all in great condition. Top Speed 110mph (likely capable of more, I just didn't push it on our 40mph regulated lake). Boat spent many years unused in dry storage. Refreshed and run several times last summer. Photos were taken in the last year. Contact Mike 612-363-7065. $25,000.00

Duces Wild
05-04-2015, 08:32 PM
Looks like a Classic. I owned a 23 Daytona for well over 20 years. It was a light layup with 2.5's. I went through many powerheads and all kinds of different setups. My top GPS speed was in the 110 range, with 30 Mazco's at 8000RPM. Just wondering where I went wrong. Where did you find that kind of speed ? THANKS and good luck with the sell !!!

stoker2001
05-04-2015, 09:46 PM
Looks like a Classic. I owned a 23 Daytona for well over 20 years. It was a light layup with 2.5's. I went through many powerheads and all kinds of different setups. My top GPS speed was in the 110 range, with 30 Mazco's at 8000RPM. Just wondering where I went wrong. Where did you find that kind of speed ? THANKS and good luck with the sell !!!
your too nice..just saying:)110mph with 2.5s is real stout for those big heavy beasts

GDM
05-05-2015, 10:26 AM
Top speed approximately 125 mph.

those must be some very potent 2.5's

Flagship
05-05-2015, 12:57 PM
It's a great little boat. I got it to 110mph without much trying and I've had a pretty lengthy history of racing other types of boats so 125mph was my approximation - thus the word "approximately" :) I know for certain she'll go 110mph.

Flagship
05-05-2015, 01:05 PM
Thanks Duces Wild! This is the only Daytona I've had and it seems to be an awesome little ripper. An engine builder/friend and I did a complete rebuild on my 30' Python to set the speed record in my class at Lake of the Ozarks in 2013 - he also refreshed these engines. Again, 125mph is an approximation of the top speed the boat is likely capable of. I think I'll amend the original post to say 110mph since that's what I know it will do for sure. Not trying to confuse anyone. Thanks again!

dad
05-28-2015, 07:51 PM
did it ever feel like it would blow over at 110.i have one I am getting use to.2.5 .s3000 powerheads.Thanks Everett

eli
05-29-2015, 10:36 AM
my 23 was very stable at any speed best I saw was 108 with 245's when they were just refreshed and ring gaps were in the 16 thou range ,so with pair of hot 260's
110 would be easy and is haulin in anybodys book I always thought the windshield scrubbed speed or it was a deflector to keep front end down never heard of one blowing over a I never felt that in mine
it would drive over some nasty afternoon slop at 80/90 would amaze passengers I don't believe you could hurt the boat they are well built and have 0 tank issues good luck with sale great boat
insurance was cheep less than 500 year .

JPEROG
05-31-2015, 11:03 AM

It is amazing what the new props are capable of. We won our class last year in an old 32 skater (with twins) at pretty much the same speed that it was running back in the day with trips. We also took our 32 Doug Wright to 119.6 with a pair of 4 blade DeWalds on the first pass before they were ever sent back to Dave. Raw h.p. is one thing but using what you have efficiently and getting slip numbers down to 5% and under is where you will be different from the average guy.

Joe

speedfreak2030
05-31-2015, 01:48 PM
my 23 was very stable at any speed best I saw was 108 with 245's when they were just refreshed and ring gaps were in the 16 thou range ,so with pair of hot 260's
110 would be easy and is haulin in anybodys book I always thought the windshield scrubbed speed or it was a deflector to keep front end down never heard of one blowing over a I never felt that in mine
it would drive over some nasty afternoon slop at 80/90 would amaze passengers I don't believe you could hurt the boat they are well built and have 0 tank issues good luck with sale great boat
insurance was cheep less than 500 year . I just received the only quote I could find in Ontario Canada, it was $2800, YEP $2800 for the year on my 24' Skater twin 300x's. Anyone know of cheaper boat insurance companies in the Great White North???

JPEROG
05-31-2015, 07:23 PM
I just received the only quote I could find in Ontario Canada, it was $2800, YEP $2800 for the year on my 24' Skater twin 300x's. Anyone know of cheaper boat insurance companies in the Great White North???

Spend your money on a big umbrella policy and forget about the boat. I don't think that you will find a company that accurately underwrites a policy for a reasonable cost. I have been down this path several times. Sometimes if you have enough annual premiums with all of your combined policies through one company you can get a courtesy or exception policy issued. Most of the time they will only pay once and done.

Joe

BKlingel418
06-01-2015, 05:06 PM
Spend your money on a big umbrella policy and forget about the boat. I don't think that you will find a company that accurately underwrites a policy for a reasonable cost. I have been down this path several times. Sometimes if you have enough annual premiums with all of your combined policies through one company you can get a courtesy or exception policy issued. Most of the time they will only pay once and done.

Joe

Doing this is the same as rolling around without insurance. An umbrella policy is an excess policy, meaning it only kicks in when the limits of something have ran out. All umbrellas I've ever read absolutely require some underlying coverage, and most demand certain limits of underlying (300/500). I had this idea too Joe, but was quickly shut down when i read some policy language. Dont mean to hijack the thread. Great looking boat. I never knew they were that fast. Good luck with the sale.

bearclaw
06-01-2015, 06:08 PM
Doing this is the same as rolling around without insurance. An umbrella policy is an excess policy, meaning it only kicks in when the limits of something have ran out. All umbrellas I've ever read absolutely require some underlying coverage, and most demand certain limits of underlying (300/500). I had this idea too Joe, but was quickly shut down when i read some policy language

I can confirm that, I've had the $1M umbrella for 20+ years (and $1M should be enough, unless something you do kills somebody - then all bets are off). They require that they cover everything you own, all items must have separate policies, and they dictate the underlying limits on those policies. Ins. companies tend to fear what they don't understand, so just like there is a market for hipo & exotic cars (I get a decent policy from Leland on a 20-yr-old Porsche, for instance), seems like somebody out there should specialize in this market?

The Eliminator is awesome. GLWS!

Jim_Pat
06-15-2015, 08:29 AM
insurance was cheep less than 500 year .

Eli

Always thought your 23 was one of the cleanest I have ever seen. What ever happened with your sale and where did it find it's new home.

Dynawgdave
06-15-2015, 10:22 AM
So who do you guys use for Insurance? i just bught a Sonic and am struggling to find an insurer