PDA

View Full Version : 21 Skater 1988 Merc 300

Dean Dorsey
03-12-2015, 05:45 PM
PRICE REDUCED 2K TO MY ROCK BOTTOM $18,500!!!

Been debating for a couple of seasons as to whether to sell her or not. After 4 seasons of just running it on the hose each spring, I have decided it is time. The basics are 1988 21 Skater Hull, 1999 Promax 300 with most all of Eric Simon's stuff on it other than intake with is a Brucatto SVS Gold, with custom ECU fuel curve. The engine cowl is a custom high air intake from Wayne Taylor. Heads are Simon billet with 60cc inserts, Simon water diverter, Simon Lt. Wt. Flywheel, exhaust sleeve cut 6 in. for a little more punch on bottom. Steering is Dual ram Imco hydraulic with cappillino helm. Bobs 8in hydraulic jackplate for motor with gauge. Lower is a newer Sporty Fatshaft, 1.62 gear ratio rebuilt just before I stopped using it by Eric Simon. Motor is bullet proof never been on dyno but I estimate within 5hp of a 300X at roughly 315- 325hp which pushes this hull 100+, 104.9 has been my max at 870ft above sea level,85 degrees. Motor has not had a DDT put to it but I estimate this powerhead to have right around 100 hrs. on it. Bores are all between 131 and 135 psi compression wise. Boat comes with 2 custom covers, 1- snap on cockpit cover and 1- storage cover with integrated motor cover with separate lined hood. Asking $20,500 for Boat, Motor, and trailer, not willing to separate at this time. Boat is located 130 miles East of Seattle WA. I am willing to do a certain amount of driving related to delivery if the right deal can be worked out. Also I have many backup parts for this motor including a complete intake and fuel system and most of the electrical, swivel/trim bracket and much more. Again for the right deal would be willing to include these parts in the sale. I will be rotating new pics of the Skater interior and motor into this ad until Thursday when I leave for the following 10 days on vacation. Please call for details or with question as I am sure I have left out tons, and will try my best to address your questions. (509) 8852434 Thanks, Dean

thunter764
03-14-2015, 08:52 AM
Wow Dean I know you looked long and hard a few years back to find the right Skater. Looks like a nice rig. Looks like all original gel?

Tim

oldschoolltv
03-14-2015, 10:35 AM
Wow that is one of the best loking 21's I have seen go luck on the sale.

MiamiStvEuro
03-14-2015, 10:21 PM
I almost bought this from Dean , great guy and good deal. I know a good transporter for a good fair price.

tux974
03-15-2015, 05:16 AM
Great looking boat and Dean is a great guy!! GLWS buddy!......:cheers:

Dean Dorsey
03-15-2015, 10:17 AM
Thanks guys for the kind words! Boat has been exactly what I needed and did it all very well. After 4 seasons of just running it on the hose each spring in front of the shop, I have decided this Skater needs to be in the hands of someone who has time to use it, and would get as big a rush as I did when running it. Yes I am a bit old school about Skaters the gel is still original as is most of the hull sans the interior. For now I am getting out of performance boating so this Skater will come with thousands of dollars of additional Parts for the PM 300 if a reasonable deal can be reached. I was just notified my PM inbox has been full and I have missed some mail because of it so have made some room, please try again. Tony, hope all is well and if you are still interested in the PM injectors and other parts I listed on ebay, please shoot me a PM. Thanks All, Dean

Dean Dorsey
03-27-2015, 10:03 AM
Since things are not happening as quickly as I would like, and yes I do realize it is a major undertaking to move a boat from out west to the east or south east, I have reduced the price to my rock bottom $18,500 in hopes this will inspire someone to grab it. Thanks, Dean

thunter764
03-27-2015, 04:09 PM
Now that is inspiration Dean!

Dean Dorsey
03-28-2015, 09:38 AM
Thanks Brian and Tim, we will see what happens! The upside is that even if it does not sell, I am committed to using the Skater this summer at least a few times. Tim I will try my best when I return home tonight to get more pics taken and off to you. Worst case you will see them Sunday. Thanks Again guys, Dean

kbirdmon
03-30-2015, 10:11 AM
That Boat is incredible man.. . I could only wish. Bad a s s 21

Sleek Jr
04-03-2015, 11:43 PM
Wish it was a 23-24. Need room to sleep overnight. ;)

Nitro21
04-05-2015, 04:51 PM
Curious what shipping would be to Syracuse NY. Would love to have that but shipping can be a deal breaker sometimes.

Euroski
04-05-2015, 08:52 PM
Curious what shipping would be to Syracuse NY. Would love to have that but shipping can be a deal breaker sometimes.

PM Frank Mole...

Frank Molé
04-07-2015, 08:12 AM
PM Frank Mole...

thanks buddy..................

Pogo
04-08-2015, 11:53 AM
If that boat was in the NY, CT, LI area it would have sold a long time ago!

Dean Dorsey
04-08-2015, 02:06 PM
Thanks guys for the great response and help. Like I said kinda knew the Skater would go east as performance outboard boats smaller than 24 ft. have gone away here in the NW. That said I was thinking a $2k price reduction would overcome the transport hurdle which may or may not be the case. In any event I now have a tentative sale in progress in Puerto Rico, further away than I would have ever suspected. No cash has exchanged hands as of yet but things are looking good. In the event this sale for whatever of a million reasons goes south, you all know the drill, please call if you still have interest. I have been terrible about keeping up with pic requests, but between roofing and selling one house and buying another, coupled with a computer that crapped on me I have had challenges in getting pics sent. I want to thank all of you and especially S&F in any event. Dean

Dean Dorsey
04-14-2015, 11:57 PM
Guys, thanks for the interest. I have some serious time issues this season so have decided it is in the best interest of all to wait another season to sell the Skater. It will still be for sale on the side I just don't have the time right now to jump through all the hoops it takes to sell a boat cross country on the internet. My wishes for a safe upcoming season for all!
Thanks, Dean