PDA

View Full Version : vector owners ?

daytrader
03-10-2003, 10:05 PM
has anybody ever fiberglassed & used plywood to construct a new floor & made the floor straight all the way up underneath the deck (eliminating the short drop below the front seats) i think it would look good with a completely straight floor, but the boat would lose leg room, anybody have any thoughts on this? thanks, Daytrader

sho305
03-11-2003, 08:43 AM
A friend of mine had an offshore boat, and the floor was dropped out in front of the front seats, and then had an angled foot rest before the bulkhead. I am sure this was somewhat for use with the dropout bolsters, but it was way cool none the less. I would incorporate it into any boat I might do a floor in if it was possible/reasonable. It would not have to be as deep as that one was for a sit-down boat, but the angled foot rest would be nice. Also made for a cool, more of a cockpit feel when you stepped down infront of the seats. Of course, you are limited on depth anyway in a smaller boat, and you would need provisions for a hotfoot in there too. I thought it a great idea if say, you wanted to raise the back floor for more stringer/knee room to the transom.

The only down-side is you would have to be careful how much wood/weight you were adding to accomplish this(additional what was there before), a bad idea. Myself, I like lots of depth for me the driver/front passenger as I am taller, and most small boats are shallow to start with. I hate hitting the dash with my legs.

Michael Martin
03-11-2003, 08:58 AM
Mine is flat with no drop front to back.
Its not the origional floor either..

Hope it helps.

Mike

daytrader
03-11-2003, 09:28 AM
mike, what kind of boat do u have & how is it for leg room? thanks, Gary

Michael Martin
03-11-2003, 10:33 AM
Its a vector. I'm 5'6" \155 lbs & it works well for me. I'll try to get some pic for ya.

Mike