PDA

View Full Version : F1 Racing to return

Laserll
03-02-2003, 08:19 AM
Seven more days and were back to F1 racing. It's been a long off season. Lets just hope the Williams BMW can mount a charge this year.

Gordie Miller
03-02-2003, 12:42 PM
but I ain't holding my breath.

Laserll
03-02-2003, 06:23 PM
No I'm not holding my breath. The red team is tuff. That's the reason for all the rule changes.:D

Capt.Insane-o
03-05-2003, 02:40 AM
I can't wait! I miss Hakkinen. Mikey always made him cry! Finally some real racin'!:)

Laserll
03-05-2003, 05:44 AM
I think NASCAR is WWF wrestling on wheels. I love F1 racing. This year with the rule changes like no traction control, and one lap qualifying it should be even better.

I'm a big Williams BMW fan:D But I also like these new Toyotas:D

4 days and counting.:D :D :D

Capt.Insane-o
03-06-2003, 09:28 PM
Ten p.m. eastertime, on spedvision!:D

LaserModVee
03-07-2003, 06:44 AM
F1 is the ultimate motorsport. Cutting edge technology using materials surpassing those used at NASA.
NASCAR uses circa 1975 technology, i.e., solid rear axle, rigid tube chassis, and a steering box!!!! I could go on and on.
I totally agree with the WWF comment! I still watch and enjoy NASCAR, but not as much as F1. In fact, I enjoy CART, Trans-Am, WRC, and many others more.

I have read that Villeneuve is actually pleased with his car this year in testing so far. He was going to leave BAR if this car was not an improvement over last years car. I hope to see him on the podium this year, even if it's behind Schuey and Montoya.
I think a good battle to watch this year may be between Raikkonen and Coulthard. Last year Kimi out-qualified David all the time.

I miss Mika too!!! I saw on SpeedChannel that he raced a rally car a couple of months ago. That gave me some hope...but I wouldn't hold my breath on him making a return anytime soon.

His interviews were priceless.

You guys need to make a road trip to Indy for the USGP this September. Tickets go cheap on the street! I see them going for face value all the time.
The sound of those V10s screaming is worth admission alone.

I will be happy to see no traction control. The cars sound like crap accelerating out of the turns with traction control. it took that whail away from the Mercedes.

Oh well...off my soapbox......nice to see other fans out there!

Laserll
03-07-2003, 11:58 AM
I will be interested to see how Montoya does this year. I read where he is upset with Williams, they keep telling him he needs to get more out of his car like Schumacher does. His reply was, give me a car that good and I will win races like that.

I may go to Indy this year. Was going last year and had to work at the last minute. Only about 4 hour drive for me.

I receive news letters on F1 all winter long so I stay up to date.

Racing is racing, I watch it all but F1 is by far my favorite.

Qualifying is tonight at 10:p.m. on speed channel and the race is at 9:30 tomorrow night. Winter is officially over. F1 SEASON IS HERE:D :D :D

stevek
03-08-2003, 07:49 PM
Just a few more hours until F1 is back. Its an all "red" first row. Wonder who will win? Bet he drives one of the "red" cars ;)

I would like to go to Indy for the F1 race myself. I have heard its a reasonable ticket to get.

Laserll
03-08-2003, 09:30 PM
It's race time!!!!

They say you can get a ticket for face value in the street.

Capt.Insane-o
03-10-2003, 01:12 AM
Talk about a cluster f%$k! Made for some interesting racing, but wow, kind of messy. I think the red boys should have had the new car, but I think it's going to be a mess until Bernie comes up with a little different rules package. For as hard as they push those things in qualifying it seems kind of dangerous not to let the mechanics look over the car real well. 15 mins. is not nearly enough! **** be flyin' off Mikeys ride, kind of unusual for Ferrari. bummer again for Ruebins!:confused:

Laserll
03-10-2003, 04:43 AM
I thought it was a good race. I like the way they quilify now, by not being able to change fuel load before the race.

DC was due a win. He just stayed clean all day. JPM just quit thinking and looped the car with the lead. What a rookie mistake.

If they get the fuel pressure problems fixed these Toyotas are going to be fast. They have the money to be competitive.

Just glad to see race season return:D

sho305
03-10-2003, 08:15 AM
Caught that race at about 1am on speed. It was great! The in-car sounds like a 125 motocross bike the rpms are so high. Ave speed of 180 something...those guys are hauling a$$. Some places was hard to see them, cause the camera was wipping around so fast to stay with the cars.

LaserModVee
03-10-2003, 07:40 PM
I loved the race. It was nice to see the red cars not run away with it like usual. Actually, in the beginning it looked as if Ferrari was picking up where they left off last season.
Tough break for Rubens.
I was pulling for Kimi. It would be great to see him win a race. He seems to have poor luck whenever he gets up front.
I think it was a bad decision for Williams not to change tires on JPM's car when he went in for fuel. They were stopped plenty long enough for a four tyre:) change. It takes longer to fuel than it does to change all four tyres:).

Here's my prediction on the championship this year-
1. Schumi
2. Rubens
3. JPM

One through three seem like shoe-ins. It's four and down that is up in the air.

The Sauber's looked strong. Also, if BAR gets their new engines figured out, they might come into the picture. They were quite impressive.
McClaren will battle for the third and fourth position with Ralf.

I am angry with Toyota for dropping two drivers that laid the foundation of a future championship caliber team.:mad:

One more rule change- Lose the traction control!!!! Let the drivers drive!!!

CDave
03-11-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by LaserModVee

One more rule change- Lose the traction control!!!! Let the drivers drive!!!

That and all ele. driving aids will be banned after the British GP.

Laserll
03-11-2003, 06:50 PM
It is being reported by Michaels agent that Ferrari offered Michael a new deal today that would keep him onbourd beyond 2004.

Better still he is also Ralph's agent and said RS has been in talks with Toyota to drive after his contract runs out next year with Williams.

I think the Toyotas are fast and with RS driving one that could be a hell of a combination.

stray cat
04-08-2003, 05:25 PM
Dont know much about this but I'm gonna root for whomever is driving the honda s ?

Raceman
04-08-2003, 10:27 PM
I'm for the red cars and I hope they can keep both of the 2 boys they've got now.

Capt.Insane-o
04-09-2003, 01:43 AM
it's nice to see a person good with the media and people. I understand Michael still doe'snt get his point across well although he's done much much better over the years. Hakkinen was the worst, just kinda grunted and moo'ed like a neanderthal. Them Renaults are getting frisky too. I sure was bummed when Rubin's car quit, he had 'em by the gnads. We get to see the 2003 car in the next race. I have'nt seen it yet. I heard in the wind Schumie's not going anywhere through 06, and I'm sure he'll be offer a part in the team if he decides to retire.