PDA

View Full Version : 2.5 200/225 Modified Drop-On Powerhead

MHntw
07-31-2014, 02:21 PM
Sold, Thanks S&F

This is my spare drop-on 2.5 200/225 based power head that has been sitting in a crate for 3 years. I don’t know much about it other than what I was told when I bought it. I have never had any reason to take it apart so I cannot confirm anything that I was told regarding what is inside. I used it for a few weekends 4 years ago while my blown up 2.5 EFI was being repaired. It ran fine and I never had any issues with it. It pushed my STV Euro to 98 mph on a Livorsi GPS speedo. Started good, idled nice, no strange noises or issues.

According to previous owner, it is a steel sleeve 200/225 2.5 block with a Laser front. It has Vertex pistons, 5250 big rods and was ported to stock 260 specs (exhaust chest and ports) by Jim Ruck. It has a Mod VP ECU by CDI. He claimed that it had 10 hours on it with a nice long break in. I probably put another 4 or 5 hours on it. Once again, I cannot confirm any of what I was told since I have never had it apart.

I’ve been keeping it around “just in case” but the motor that Jay Smith built for me 3 years ago seems to be bulletproof so I’m getting rid of the spare.

It is crated and I can arrange shipping if need be.

I can be contacted by e-mail, phone or text.
mark@ntwonline.com
304-830-0698

$2800.00