PDA

View Full Version : 30ft Vicious / Lightning Catamaran ( Pretty much like a Spectre) O/B 25K less power

Pachanga_rick
06-30-2014, 11:30 AM
Well after a couple years of winter work the new 4 seater canopy system is finished, tested and ready to be sold.. Boat ran like it did before, no slower-no faster. I cant complain as she handled just perfect before' But now its time to move on to a new(er) super-stock cat.

FOR SALE 1997/2004 Lightning cat ( Hooters Super-stock cat) re-fitted to twin engine set up back in 2004 (I think) by Vicious Marine.

The boat was originally set up with a F16 single canopy, driver in front throttleman in back. I found this fine for racing but not for poker runs of pleasure boating. So we built a 4 person canopy with 2 lids, one for the driver throttleman and one for the passengers. Boat also has air-system for front occupants only as you better never be racing with people in back... lol New wires pulled throughout - trailer is a triple axle with rear driver (engine) protector.

SOLD LESS POWER AS THEY WILL BE GOING ON THE NEW BOAT...but does include steering, pumps.. just bolt up a couple 2.5/ or 300's and go.

She was raced in OPA class 4 with some 2.5/260's but would be better suited in #3 (95mph) as she seemed to pack air better above 84mph or race SBI class 3 - Runs 102 in race set up with 2.5/280's and with a more "top" end style prop I'm sure much better.

Asking 25K - Looking at a new(er) DW 32 so I'm motivated to sell.. but not desperate. Feel free to PM with questions.

derekscray
07-09-2014, 12:31 PM
Is it a full canopy or open ? Do you still have the boat ?

derekscray
07-09-2014, 12:33 PM
Sorry. The next couple of photos just came through. Nice.
is the boat still for sale ?

Pachanga_rick
07-09-2014, 12:44 PM
Yes, she's in the drive now having some drive work done. I'm about 1" away from melting the outboards and re-rigging with small block LS motors and bravo drives. .. Just need to take a deep breath and relax...

derekscray
07-09-2014, 01:33 PM
I have a pair of 300xs with15" mids that I would wanna mount on it.
I wanna build a fast reliable small poker running Boat for sw florida.
how large are the fuel tanks ?
If you wanna just call me 239-839-0404 Derek

shadowcat
07-09-2014, 09:14 PM
-looking for more info on the boat if possible-is the boat and trailer registered and have titles? - are the fuel tanks and steering systems in? - please email me at - edboyd@trebnet.com thanks

Pachanga_rick
07-10-2014, 09:35 AM
-looking for more info on the boat if possible-is the boat and trailer registered and have titles? - are the fuel tanks and steering systems in? - please email me at - edboyd@trebnet.com thanks

Fuel tanks, fuel pumps (hi & low), Hydraulic steering, air system.. It's all included. Just bolt up a couple engines and go. The boat is not registered as it's only been a race boat but it has a title as does the trailer.

Pachanga_rick
07-21-2014, 05:35 PM
Runs the same as before, just much more user friendly with the side x side seating. The rear seats are in the garage and not installed but as you can see the rear area has a large hatch and enough room to sleep in.

espen
07-29-2014, 06:22 PM
Nice boat !

LongShot
08-06-2014, 01:39 PM
Pics of transom, bilge, rigging, pumps, etc? Tunnel tab?

Pachanga_rick
08-07-2014, 09:26 AM
Will do that tonight for you, no problem.

linden
08-07-2014, 11:11 AM
was this the p-1 boat? when i bought my boat i was told that it was used for a safety diver for that boat. nice boat glws

Pachanga_rick
08-07-2014, 11:33 AM
Team Superstock Hooters (not sure of the year)

LongShot
08-10-2014, 09:42 PM
Pics of transom, bilge, rigging, pumps, etc? Tunnel tab?
Did you get pics?

Pachanga_rick
08-11-2014, 10:14 AM
Pictures are not the best - but the both throttle and shifter cables are new, the wiring is new marine grade, each side is run down each side individual and labeled inside the cockpit and on the wire so if anything needs addressing quickly your not looking around and trying to chase wires.

Transom was replaced by the previous owner, and I think he did it quick from the outside and its not pretty. It's solid and is fine for a race boat, but this was next on the "to do" list.

The rear stringers and knees are solid and strong, made from 1" core with multiple layers of 1708

Pachanga_rick
08-11-2014, 10:17 AM
Tunnel tab is made from aluminum framing and thick glass, the stress cracks are most likely from me using this as a swim platform. It's not structural, just cosmetic.

If you look at the bottom of the boat just below the drain plug you can see the hull modification done by Sparky from Vicious.

julianconde
12-14-2014, 08:22 AM
you have a PM.

julianconde
12-29-2014, 11:02 PM
Team Superstock Hooters (not sure of the year)

I want to thank Rick for this Awesome race boat it arrived at florida safe. the boat was just as described and in extremely good shape for the age of the boat. also he threw in a bunch of stuff for free and also helped with the repairs on our tow vehicle needed in order to arrive home safely. Great communication thru every step of the purchase. Thanks Rick

Julian Conde

Pachanga_rick
12-30-2014, 01:52 PM
I want to thank Rick for this Awesome race boat it arrived at florida safe. the boat was just as described and in extremely good shape for the age of the boat. also he threw in a bunch of stuff for free and also helped with the repairs on our tow vehicle needed in order to arrive home safely. Great communication thru every step of the purchase. Thanks Rick

Julian Conde

Thanks, I hope you enjoy her and if you come up to Michigan you have a place to stay.

julianconde
12-30-2014, 10:37 PM
Thanks, I hope you enjoy her and if you come up to Michigan you have a place to stay.

thanks Rick. thats very nice of you. I will keep you informed of whats going on with the race boat and when we take it to the water ;-)