PDA

View Full Version : Biesemyer? Buehller?

catmando
02-26-2003, 03:39 PM
I'm looking at a 1989 18' Biesemyer, Merc 115 O/B, hydraulic jack plate, new interior and carpet, paint looks great as does the trailer. What do you think it's worth? Seller is asking $4500.

catmando
02-26-2003, 04:43 PM
How does it plane? Are there any handling issues I'll have to deal with? The seller and I will be testing in the next couple weeks(hope it warms up down here soon), so I guess I'll find out then.

woodco
02-26-2003, 04:58 PM
Do ya have any pic's of that boat ??? The 115 seems it might
be a lil underpowered for it though .

bulldogdaddy
02-26-2003, 05:04 PM
not to familiar with the hull,but with a 115 on it it shouldn't have any handling problems. just check for transom rot. you can do the coin test,take a coin and start tappimg on the hull,if you hear a change in tone,it usually means wood rot or fiberglass delamination. if it all runs good and paint looks bright sounds like a pretty good deal

catmando
02-26-2003, 07:26 PM
woodco,

Go to www.dallasboats4sale.com It's at the bottom of the home page. I'm a puterdummy, don't know how to post pics.:(

Bulldogdaddy,

Thanks for that tip.:) Anything else I should look for? BTW I like your name and av.:) :) I'm a dogman myself.:D

bulldogdaddy
02-26-2003, 07:32 PM
either somethings wrong with that boat or someones hard up for money,go look at it fast or it will sell

bulldogdaddy
02-26-2003, 07:34 PM
here's a pic

bulldogdaddy
02-26-2003, 07:35 PM
the interior

bulldogdaddy
02-26-2003, 07:51 PM
give me your # and i'll call ya,i've got free long distance,lmao

woodco
02-26-2003, 07:55 PM
That is well worth the money !!!! I really like the layout on that
interior .Definately gettin yur money's worth ;)

catmando
02-26-2003, 09:45 PM
I'm glad you guys like it.:) At my age(59) I just hope it won't beat me up too bad. Is the Biesemeyer factory still in business? I want to call them about this boat.

If I don't buy it I will let you guys know. The seller is a friend of mine on Offshoreonly so he will hold it till I make a decision. He will hold it for yall also I'm sure.:)

Doubledog
02-27-2003, 07:04 AM
Where did they keep it at? In a friggin show room and made sure it was wiped down everyday?

That thing is nice man! I'd like to see more detailed photos of the engine, bottom, & dash layout.

I'll buy it if you don't. ! Bulldoggy, you gonna store it for me?:)

bulldogdaddy
02-27-2003, 02:54 PM
i'll keep it in a garage,can clear out a space in our shop,boss shuld be able to do it for 50 a month. and make shure it stays afloat at least once a month,lmao. that does sound like a great deal. talked to catman last night and he says he's going for a test drive. says if it rides to rough he'll let someone here take it!

catmando
02-27-2003, 04:06 PM
Hey bulldogdaddy,

Thanks for posting the pics. Dallasboats emailed me a bunch of them, and one day I'll learn how to post 'em up. I think this one's pretty much off the market. I have sent the broker a check for the agreed-upon amount.

We will splash it next week when the weather warms up down here. The boat is stored near Wylie, Tx and Lake Lavon northeast of Dallas, so we'll go there for the test drive.

I haven't had a boat the last two years, and I've never owned an outboard-powered boat, so I hope you guys will help me out with stuff I'll need to know.

If there are any screamandfly members here, let's get together at Lake Lewisville or some other lake(we've got 13).

Rusrog
02-27-2003, 05:06 PM
rig. That 115 may be a little weak but it will certainly get you up & down the lake. Lewisville is nice but most of the hotrod O\B traffic goes to the Brazos river. Haven't been dsown there in a couple of years but used to ave a pretty good time there.

Take care,
Russ Rogers
Ft Worth TX.

bulldogdaddy
02-27-2003, 05:44 PM
good move catman, sure the only thing you might want a little later is some more hp. and there sure are alot of guys here more than willing to help ya out!i'll send ya a pm on how to post them pics!

catmando
02-27-2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Rusrog
rig. That 115 may be a little weak but it will certainly get you up & down the lake. Lewisville is nice but most of the hotrod O\B traffic goes to the Brazos river. Haven't been dsown there in a couple of years but used to ave a pretty good time there.

Take care,
Russ Rogers
Ft Worth TX.
Akshully I bought it for use as a water taxi for getting bikinis and butt floss to the Party Cove at Lake Lewisville.:D :D

What do you think about a Johnrude, or a Merc 150 Optimax?

bulldogdaddy
02-27-2003, 07:42 PM
stopped over at oso and saw the praise you got for the new boat,except for the guy that wass bustin your balls for 4500 post and couldn't figure out how to post pics,lmao. i would see how that setup runs before i made any decisions on more power,might want to bump it up to at least 200 hp:D

mercury
02-28-2003, 10:00 AM
catmando, have you converted yet?;)

catmando
02-28-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by mercury
catmando, have you converted yet?;)
If you mean from multihulls to monos, yes I guess I have, at least temporarily. If you mean politics and religion, probly not.:p