PDA

View Full Version : Sponsoring ODBA racing events

W. Tripp
02-24-2003, 06:20 PM
To ALL of those who have an interest in the ODBA having a race in your area:

Each Outboard Drag Boat Association event is generally put together by enthusiasts, a racer, or team of racers. NOT by the ODBA officials. This generally requires SOMEONE in the area to contact the city, the state and the USCG for all required permits. Then gathering the required sponsors together to come up with the needed funds and equipment. This is not an easy task, but well worth the trouble in order to help our sport grow. The requirements are found within the rulesbook each year.

As Vice Pres. and event organizer for 2003, I am willing to work with anyone in any part of the country to help them put together a race for the 2004 racing season. I have information packets ready to go out for those up to the task. The ODBA is also very willing to help those interested in our sport to put together local clubs and races in your area to help our sport grow.

If you want the ODBA to race in your area - SPONSOR A RACE!!!

I can be contacted by e-mail at trippw@bellsouth.net - PLEASE mark the message urgent and include a phone number, time of day to be contacted, and time zone. And be patient...I have a job other than racing ( my wife may not agree).

Thanks, Wayne Tripp