PDA

View Full Version : Capsule Training in Minnesota (Good Experience)

tabararacing
02-18-2003, 03:03 PM
APBA has ruled that Capsule training is a must if you want to go training. It's good training even if you don't "have to." I've been through a couple wrecks myself, always landing upside down, and because of the training, I was able to get out without any problems.
If you guys are strapped in, or looking for a good experience, find a local capsule training and go for it. You can find a good list of the training sessions at champboatracing.com or if your in Minnesota you can go to the following:
Sportc.com/tcpba (Twin City Power Boat Assoc.)
REgion 8 rescue seminar April 13 2003
Twin City power boat assoc will be holding a rescue seminar on April 13th just west of Minneapolis (Long Lake). The seminar will start at 8 AM. In order to defray the ost of the pool, there will be a 25.00 charge for each person particpating. This is listed with asis and will have the black diamond rescue supervising. You must register before March 28th.
Pre Reg is required.
or more info contact Jim Cummings jim@sportc.com, 763-391-6280. For Directions to the Underwater School of America call 952 473-4266.

Once again folks, if your strapped in your boats, its in your best interest to attend a seminar.

Thanks,
Brian Tabara
218-273-4304
brian@tabararacing.com

Alan Power
03-05-2003, 01:57 PM
Brian, Submersion testing (capsule training) is compulsory here in Europe under the guise of the UIM. It is something I'm not looking forward to, which I will be doing in the coming weeks to attain my race license for S850/ F4. Is it not compulsory under APBA reg's? Just curious!

Alan...

tabararacing
03-05-2003, 02:03 PM
Hi there, it is required now for all OPC drivers. I don't mind doing the training at all. I realize if something is giong to go wrong, I'dl ike to have it happen at the training, so when or if it occurs at the race I'll be more prepared.
Good luck on your dunk test,
Brian