PDA

View Full Version : 27 pitch pro max

wired247
04-08-2014, 05:19 PM
27 pitch Mercury Pro Max prop . Took it out of the box last week. Ran it 4 hours. As new. 9 out of 10 just because its been used. No damage whatsoever. $500 shipped.295788

SOLD

ultrafast
04-19-2014, 07:32 PM
i want to try one of these what did you like or dislike !

wired247
04-19-2014, 07:52 PM
Fast out of the hole with the motor trimmed down all the way. I mean super fast within 20 feet on plane and 60 MPH at 4500 in nothing flat . Trim to parallel with the surface it ramps up fast. I was able to get under 5% slip at 84 MPH. Didnt hold it there long or try to go any faster as I have a fresh motor I want to spend more time breaking it before I open it wide for very long. It is very maneuverable. Maybe too maneuverable for me.

What I didnt like about it is that if I am slowing down and get much under 30 MPH or so with the trim at neutral and prop centerline above the surface and make much of a turn I would find myself sideways. Happened twice. Last time I ripped the seat off the seat base and ended up in the middle of the boat. I didnt like that much and felt like I could have flipped sideways. Nothing like that EVER happens with my choppers. With the choppers I point it in a straight line and it goes in that straight line unless I lean on the steering wheel to change that direction. I think it would be a great prop for a Vee hull boat or something with a little more draft in the back. My boat doesnt like it much and I dont feel like changing my driving style much to match the prop.

BigJohnson
04-21-2014, 07:02 AM
Small shaft, fat shaft, or no hub included?

wired247
04-21-2014, 08:36 AM
small shaft. Hub included.