PDA

View Full Version : Lanier supercat vs talon f20

bradmd
03-30-2014, 09:14 PM
These boats look a lot alike to me. Wondering if someone can comment on the build quality of one vs the other and which is faster, rides better?

BeefKid
03-31-2014, 09:47 AM
I'm gonna say the lcb runs better it's a more of a cat i think. . Center sponson isn't as deep as the talon hull and brent's(scared the dog) ran 120+ with a 300x... I would talk to him bout the lcb
Someone well correct me if I'm wrong

Personally I think they look better too:thumbsup:

bradmd
03-31-2014, 10:00 AM
I also saw a liberator bass boat that looks a lot like the LCB and talon.

zamguy
03-31-2014, 10:58 AM
I also saw some ads for the Liberator and Talon boats when I was researching LCB. I do not think the Liberator or Talons are made anymore, and the Liberator was very limited production. There did not seem to be nearly the same storage for these compared to the LCB, width is 102" front and back. I have driven a LCB and looked at several up close and they are very impressive. I recently ordered one and will have some specific things on it per my own needs/wants. Before my order, I also checked out the Simmons Custom Boat (SCB). I talked with an owner and also tried to contact the factory. I never received a reply from the factory. The owner I talked to said he would have a guy from the factory call me but that never happened. The SCBs have a great following in Texas and look very sharp. They also appear to be designed with a much shallower hull, not necessarily a bad thing. I don't think it would have mattered to me if they called, I was sold on the LCB a long time ago but I wanted to check out any similar boats that are out there. Both are fast, I am not sure how good a SCB is in a good chop as far as comfortability. From what I have read, the SCB has a great sound system and LED lights. Not throwing any boats under the bus, just giving you an idea of how I arrived at my own conclusion.

bradmd
03-31-2014, 11:02 AM
I appreciate your input. I have had several saltwater CCs/cats, but no go fast boats, so these are new to me. I think the LCB is very sharp. Just hard to find a used one. I spoke with Errol via email and the price seems reasonable. I'd like to see a list of the stuff that's included on the base boat, and the options available. Didn't see those on the website

zamguy
03-31-2014, 11:13 AM
I can tell you what I remember at this point because I am on the road working. But things like ladder, bilge, gas pistons on lids, live wells and aerators, stainless steel hardware, gel coat color, 12-rod holders on each side of boat under lid, are all included. What I added: two power poles, two HDS Lowrance units, 112lb Riptide tm, stereo, 250 merc pro-opti, and using RAM mounts for electronics. I am sure I missed some smaller stuff in this list, but I hope that gives you an idea. I had looked at purchasing a one year old Ranger from a touring pro (they are for sale every year) and my wife advised me - why not buy what you really want, what you have dreamed of- I knew there were reasons why I married her! When I drove a LCB I couldn't believe how great it rode and drove. That boat was made differently than mine as far as weight and other stuff, but it gave me a very good idea of the handling. That boat also had a 300 Merc on it, and I opted for a 250 to stay legal in bass tourneys.

bradmd
03-31-2014, 11:23 AM
Very helpful. Thanks!