PDA

View Full Version : Billet Carrier..??

dagodiver
03-05-2014, 01:19 PM
Well I could not find any for my CLE and I have had a few issues.
I made this one and added a top support and a grove for a retaining snap ring
so the bearing cant walk out. My buddy took the last 3 out of his case in pieces.
im sure there are people getting many miles with no issues but this I hope helps us.
So any market for Billet carriers.??
A bit more work that I figured but not to bad.
Thanks

Dago.

motorheadbishop
03-05-2014, 08:34 PM
Your machine work is awesome!
That thang is so shiney I could see parker hangin it from that gold necklace of his....

* If you make one with a drain plug, let me know... I'd buy one just to have as a back-up...

Capt.Insane-o
03-05-2014, 08:43 PM
Well I could not find any for my CLE and I have had a few issues.
I made this one and added a top support and a grove for a retaining snap ring
so the bearing cant walk out. My buddy took the last 3 out of his case in pieces.
im sure there are people getting many miles with no issues but this I hope helps us.
So any market for Billet carriers.??
A bit more work that I figured but not to bad.
Thanks

Dago.

That is beautiful, and I would most certainly say yes there is a market. I have one of the last Bobs carriers and you couldn't pry that out of my dead hands. Adding a snap ring groove to retain the prop shaft seals would be cool too,

timmc6
03-05-2014, 08:48 PM
Please make on with the rear drain,looks great as every thing you post does !!!!:iagree: You can make 2 with the rear drain plug!!!:cheers:

dagodiver
03-05-2014, 09:14 PM
Ok cool thanks for the input guys thats what im looking for,
So what does this fit.? I know it fits my CLE and the club foots
but is it the same for a sportmaster just with a drain.?
My question I guess is how many different ones are there.

Thanks.!

Dago

baja200merk
03-06-2014, 09:55 AM
Looks great Mike :thumbsup:

The fat shaft has the bigger seal and bearings as you already know after you made them for beef and don :cheers:

long shot
02-14-2019, 10:11 PM
You could put a drain in all of them and those with side drains could just leave the plug in. That would make it easy. The fat shaft 3.0 for the torquemaster and sportmaster is what I would like to see and maybe an extra room for an additional seal?