PDA

View Full Version : Any supporting vendors carry autometer gauges

jdewaard
02-28-2014, 04:24 PM
Does anyone know of a Supporting Vendor that carries Autometer Marine Gauges. Looking for a good price on all new gauges for my boat and thought i would try the Supporting Vendors first.

Rock_River_Marina
02-28-2014, 05:33 PM
I would highly recommend dealing with Bud Conner and consider Gaffrig's. I ordered some stuff through him here last summer and got the stuff immediately. Great product and very easy guy to work with. I believe he is HStream1 on the boards. :cheers:

jdewaard
02-28-2014, 06:10 PM
Thank you, but Bud stated that he was no longer dealing with Gaffrig since they can never fill his order. Check out this thread about gauges and some of the e-mails he has had back and forth with Gafrig. The best gauges in most guys opinion are the Autometer. The Gafrig and Livorsi have slipped in their quality. http://www.screamandfly.com/showthread.php?281713-New-Gauges

Jamescole
02-28-2014, 09:45 PM
Autometer is awesome ! I would also like to know if we have vendor out there.

jdewaard
02-28-2014, 10:35 PM
Autometer is awesome ! I would also like to know if we have vendor out there.

I will let you know if I find any info.

kcoleman10
02-28-2014, 10:42 PM
I doubt they are a vendor on here but if you have no luck and need the gauges, I got mine through Rex Marine a few years back. Hopefully someone on here can help out first though if they're not tied to S&F.

lokinutz
02-28-2014, 11:30 PM
I also went through Rex Marine about 6 years ago for my Autometer stuff. Very glad I didn't go with Gaffrig or Livorsi.

Actually, I got my stuff from Rex through Lakeland Marine in Havasu. They are a supporting vender on here. Try them. Talk to Richie. Very good guy and long time friend.

kcoleman10
02-28-2014, 11:33 PM
I'm working on starting a dealership. Would love to be a supplier for them. I bought mine around that same time and I'm very happy with them.

tux974
03-01-2014, 05:41 AM
Be careful with Rex Marine they are not like they use to be, things have changed there....I get all mine from CP Performance Marine. IMPO, best gauges out there now day!

kcoleman10
03-01-2014, 07:40 AM
What's going on with Rex Marine, are they working their way out of the business?

outasite
03-01-2014, 07:59 AM
If you don't come up with a good vender source, ORiely auto parts has a big display in most stores,and are priced right.

R.grover
03-01-2014, 04:09 PM
Whats up with rex marine?

specboatops
03-01-2014, 06:33 PM
I believe Bud Conner is working with Auto Meter to become a dealer, I'll let him spill the Beans......

jdewaard
03-01-2014, 08:08 PM
I believe Bud Conner is working with Auto Meter to become a dealer, I'll let him spill the Beans......

I spoke with Bud and he has nothing in the works yet with AutoMeter. Here is his reply:

"Jeff:

Thanks for contacting me. Sorry but at this time i am not set up with Autometer. It is on the to do list but haven't had the time to follow through with it. Even then I'm not sure if they will set me up as a dealer. Some companies want their dealers to stock several thousand dollars in products. This is difficult to do unless you are a Boat Builder or high volume dealer. So I dont know what their policy is as of yet. If I do get set up I will post a thread on S&F letting everyone know."

HStream1
03-02-2014, 06:31 AM
At current Autometer only has 6 US Dealers and 3 Canadian Dealers. None of which are supporting vendors for Screamandfly. After Jeff contacted me I have on my list of things to do Monday "Call Autometer directly and inquire".

A complete list of MARINE dealers are listed on their web site.

http://marine.autometer.com/dealers.aspx

As soon as I speak with them I'll post my findings.

As far as Gaffrig. I finally had to part ways with them. They cant fill complete orders, They cant fulfill Back Orders in a timely manner and the list goes on. When a company cant ship backorders in over 11 months it's time to move on.

If you read Post #5 & 9 from the link Jeff Posted here, it pretty much explanes it all. Even correspondence from Mike Schults at Gaffrig.

jdewaard
03-02-2014, 11:18 AM
Thank you Bud.:thumbsup:

Image 21
03-02-2014, 11:27 AM
Cp performance is where I've been getting all my auto meter gauges

HStream1
03-02-2014, 11:39 AM
It is my goal to be able to do as i did with gaffrig. Provide direct drop shipments @10% discount and free shipping for orders of $200.00 or more.

If I cant do that it's not worth it.

Thank you Bud.:thumbsup:

jdewaard
03-02-2014, 12:13 PM
I was hoping to give my business to a supporting vendor. Since there a none CP Performance is probably the best out there. I will wait a little longer since I am still saving and see what Bud can do.

HStream1
03-05-2014, 06:08 AM
I promised eveyone a update on Autometer. I received a return call yesterday from the Rep here in Winston Salem NC. Very nice fellow to talk with. Any way while Autometer does sell marine gauges they mainly concentrate on Auto and Auto Racing. He also said he was not aware of a marine rep for Auto meter but he would inquire or find out how he could help me with my inquiry.

There was some discussion about Livorsi and Gaffrig but thats better saved for another time. There was no mud slinging or anything like that.

Should hear back from him in a few days and i'll be posting my findings. It does appear that of the 6 marine dealers the one in Florida is no longer. This leave the East Coast possibly available for a dealer.

More to follow!!

HStream1
03-22-2014, 07:16 AM
Another Update on Autometer marine gauges. Finally made contact with a Autometer marine Distributor warehouse. Short version>> Auto meter only sels to high volume warehouses. So the Warehouses set up dealers at theit discression.

As I figured they require dealers to stock gauges. Exactly in what quanity and at what $ amount is not clear yet. But I tried that with gaffrig and it didn't work for me. So we changed it to Buy Pay and drop ship. BUT Autometers Warehouse is not willing to do that. Also thay want a certain amount of volume as a dealer or they will cancel you.

I dont know where this is all going to go at this point. I have been given a couple options to ponder over. But they will not agree to drop shipping which to me creates yet another cost factor into the equation of shipping twice???

I also have a option of dealing Livorsi but Randy AKA (Wild Man) already does Livorsi and I dont feel it's ethical for me to sell Livorsi on S&F and compete with a fellow supporting vendor of the same product line.

More to follow I guess.

Jamescole
03-22-2014, 09:09 AM
After calling around i was able to nail down a couple auto performance shops that sell autometer gauges for cars and they actually are able to order marine gauges. however when i got the final price it was 40% more than if i were to order off of CPPerformance online.

so that being said i just spent $1100 at CPperformance on autometer gauges.