PDA

View Full Version : There is gonna Be a Allison in BASS

RiceKiller
02-16-2014, 08:49 PM
looks like there is a pro that will be running a Allison
Goldbeck partners with Allison Boats | Bassmaster (http://www.bassmaster.com/news/goldbeck-partners-allison-boats)

south599
02-16-2014, 08:53 PM
yep its great news! allison is in BASS and Bullet is in FLW. next couple years are going to interesting as there might be a return of small boat business's with their boats being able to outshine all the cookie cutter boats all the way around.

JWTjr.
02-16-2014, 09:37 PM
I've waited for this for a long time. I hope it works out--though they are stupidly expensive, Allisons are the best engineered, constructed and performing boats built. There's simply no comparison in a v-bottom hull. I hope this pro can open some eyes out there, and I hope it helps the Allisons with their business.

JT

tlwjkw
02-17-2014, 01:47 PM
Its GREAT for both worlds. Just hope, like has been brought up, its not being "set up" so ta speak for a sale out and retirement. Don't think so but..............$$$

RiceKiller
02-17-2014, 02:15 PM
Its GREAT for both worlds. Just hope, like has been brought up, its not being "set up" so ta speak for a sale out and retirement. Don't think so but..............$$$
We'll if it is then there goes a great boat and company

tlwjkw
02-17-2014, 02:22 PM
Hopin' its just what it is "a rumor". Same thing got stated with Bullet when they started tha "New Models".. Probably just tha haters! Like JT says. Be a shame ta lose tha BEST ever..............

Corona Mike
02-17-2014, 06:11 PM
I've waited for this for a long time. I hope it works out--though they are stupidly expensive, Allisons are the best engineered, constructed and performing boats built. There's simply no comparison in a v-bottom hull. I hope this pro can open some eyes out there, and I hope it helps the Allisons with their business.

JT

I Agree With Most Of That John Except By The Time You put A New Ranger Together, It's About The same. Prices For New "Pro-Style" Bass Boats Have Gone Out Of Site! So, I Guess This Would Be The Best Bang For The Buck With The New 21' Allison! Just My $.02........

Varmint
03-07-2014, 08:33 AM
It's no "rumor" darris broke the motor in,http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k615/cajunmerc/Aquasport%20200%20CC%20Pro/null_zpsf0a36f6e.jpg

Varmint
03-07-2014, 08:45 AM
I wish him well ! I think he's fishing Lk. Hartwell, SC this wknd. http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k615/cajunmerc/Aquasport%20200%20CC%20Pro/null_zpse5c171ba.jpg

DoktorC
03-07-2014, 08:47 AM
A 4stroke Yamaha on an Alliston?? That's something you don't see everyday!

south599
03-07-2014, 12:23 PM
Might as well call that the hybrid of the bass boat world. Id love to know his fuel economy. Betting its out of site compared to any other boat there.

JWTjr.
03-07-2014, 02:14 PM
One of the last stories I did for Trailer Boats in 2010 was a test on this package, same setup but with the 250 SHO. I thought it was a nice package, not my cup o' tea but still a good running rig. We hit 86 mph and best cruise was at 36 mph, 5.7 mpg.

Here's a link to the story:

http://www.fishingworld.com/vDealers/TN/LindasLakesideMarine/UploadedImages/SiteImages/TrailerBoats2010issu-AllisonBoats.pdf

John

Varmint
03-07-2014, 03:22 PM
I read where they figure it will hit 80 loaded,i think darris was running mid 80's , before adding alot of gear, but i bet he just lost a few mph with those talon things bolted to the j/plate, although fuel mileage would be a great advantage on big water, could go alot further than the pack, to fish undisturbed water and have fuel to get back to the scales.

Varmint
03-07-2014, 03:29 PM
One of the last stories I did for Trailer Boats in 2010 was a test on this package, same setup but with the 250 SHO. I thought it was a nice package, not my cup o' tea but still a good running rig. We hit 86 mph and best cruise was at 36 mph, 5.7 mpg.

http://www.fishingworld.com/vDealers/TN/LindasLakesideMarine/UploadedImages/SiteImages/TrailerBoats2010issu-AllisonBoats.pdf

John
John i still have one of your old stories, i saved,it's the one with the bridgeports, and 14 different props, i learned about running a dah worked srx, from that story and to this day it's my favorite prop, on a bport.,

H20WKD
03-07-2014, 08:48 PM

John

:thumbsup:Thanks for posting John....a great read!!!:thumbsup:

Bob

http://i58.tinypic.com/b8lny0.jpg

1FASTLASER
03-08-2014, 08:59 AM
Who is running the Bullet in the FLW? I been watc hung this Ally/Yamaha unfold and seen a breif vid of it running. Holeshot is unbelievably quick.

south599
03-08-2014, 11:46 AM
There are a couple. Andy morgan, micheal neal (that may be spelled wrong), and i believe one more?

Chad Phillips
03-08-2014, 01:10 PM
Ramie Colson is the 3rd FLW Pro running the Bullet 21XRS.

1FASTLASER
03-09-2014, 10:12 AM
Now this is all great news. I remember back in the day for me Bass n Walleye Boats is what got me hooked on high performance bass boating. Thanks to Mr John Tiger I was bit REAL hard. Lol I would wait for the new issues like a kid waiting for the ice cream truck. I always wants to see a shoot out with all the customs involved. Course some of them are no longer. Boats like Allison,Bullet,Stroker,Norriscraft,Storm and I'm sure that I have missed a couple. The combination of a high quality light weight layup with a bass fishing cap has ALWAYS been a rush for me. I think it's fantastic that these smaller companies are finally capitalizing on the portion of consumers that they may haves missed in the past by sponsoring a pro on the tour. Wonder what Pipkorn would have come up with today or Roark Summerford. The possibilities are endless

Varmint
03-27-2014, 06:09 AM
Now this is all great news. I remember back in the day for me Bass n Walleye Boats is what got me hooked on high performance bass boating. Thanks to Mr John Tiger I was bit REAL hard. Lol I would wait for the new issues like a kid waiting for the ice cream truck. I always wants to see a shoot out with all the customs involved. Course some of them are no longer. Boats like Allison,Bullet,Stroker,Norriscraft,Storm and I'm sure that I have missed a couple. The combination of a high quality light weight layup with a bass fishing cap has ALWAYS been a rush for me. I think it's fantastic that these smaller companies are finally capitalizing on the portion of consumers that they may haves missed in the past by sponsoring a pro on the tour. Wonder what Pipkorn would have come up with today or Roark Summerford. The possibilities are endless the shadow 200vt was built off of one of roark's old wrecked race tunnel hulls,

racerx
03-27-2014, 08:36 AM
This is great to see a Allison playing with the big dog fisherman my son will be playing with the top dog Musky tournament guys this year in a xb2003 and that will be interesting he said his Allison is going to have some big fish caught out of it...