PDA

View Full Version : Seems like Dial-A-Jet could help remove lean spots in the mid-range. Anyone tried?

Markus
04-15-2001, 04:25 AM
(I already posted this message in the old protected forum, but I am not sure if anyone reads that any more. Sorry for re-posting)

I spent last night reading about Dial-A-Jet. Seems like quite a few snowmobiles and motorcycles claim increased performance.

If it works like it is claims, it is beautiful.

Has anyone tried it on an outboard?

Ray
04-16-2001, 04:35 AM
Try Taylor Machine at334 874 6407. They have ecu you can do anything with.

Markus
04-16-2001, 02:38 PM
A good fuel injection system would sure allow you to play with the fuel curve anyway you want. However, I have a carburated engine and Wayne Taylor is asking for 4 grand. The Dial-A-Jet is about a tenth of that.

Besides, MADEFI is an open loop system that does not allow separate fuel curves per cylinder. If money was no issue, I would go for MOTEC...

PaulR
04-19-2001, 01:17 AM
I have a duelly Dial-a-Jet system on my 93 Thundercat, the motor is ported, heads are cut, and I'm running K&N's. Stock jetting for this sled are 440 mains, when running K&N's you usually have to up in jetting, but with the dial-a-jet I'm able to run 360 mains and I have three or four clicks left on the dials. I also have a stock 99' ZRT800 that I put the very same K&N's on and I had to go up NINE jet sizes to keep the EGT's in the 1200 range on top end this just goes to show you how much fuel the Dial-a-Jet's add.

I have no idea if Dial-a-Jet's will work on an outboard, I'll make a few calls and let you know.

Paul

Markus
04-19-2001, 02:07 PM
Interesting! Please let me know what you find out!