PDA

View Full Version : Smokin in the Cove

Showtime
02-07-2003, 09:10 AM
With spring and summer closing in fast there's already a lot talk about racing. Visited with Glen recently about his race, and some changes are being made.
Having a great time, and racing for part of the largest purse money in drag boat history stays the same.
The 10 sec class is going to be dropped. And instead of 16 boats in each class, there will be 24. With the first 16 running for the larger purse money. And the last 8 running for a lesser amount. With the 10 sec class gone this leaves the 6-7-8-9 sec classes. You 10 sec racers throw the weight out and step up. Last year in the 7 sec class, 7.162 sec was 16th qualifier. leaving several fast boats on the trailer, 6 sec class and some of the others where closer than that!! I can remember the 7 sec class because mine was on the trailer with a 7.20. Glen said $42,000 would giving out in purse money. I don't know where the grass root racer can race for that kind of money. Glen plans on paying 4 places on the first 16 qualifiers, and 2 places on the second 8 qualifiers.