PDA

View Full Version : Fuel pressure gauge hose-for fuel.

Techno
04-24-2001, 09:11 PM
If you have the type of gauge with the fuel running up to the dash I found some line rated for the pressure and is fuel rated. It's not air shock line but meant for pressurized fuel.
http://www.mcmaster.com/
1/8" line is part # 5552k23 Tygon fuel & lube PVC tubing.
or
5187k61 fuel grade PVC tubing

I chose this one because it's clear yellow and cheaper. 28 cents a foot.

Strangly enough they are both barbed fitting hoses,but they are rated for 52 and 62 LBs. I also got the 1/8" barb to NPT fittings from them.
For a just in case I got 4912K47 Miniature Chrome Plated Brass Ball Valve for shutting it off.

Rickracer
04-24-2001, 09:27 PM
No matter what the line is made of, I would not consider having fuel under pressure running up into the dash of my boat. You could literally be playing with fire. There are plenty of electrical guages that would do the job, or, if you must have the accuracy and response of a mechanical, plenty of isolators that make it safe to go that route. This is only my personal belief, but you could not pay me enough to rig a customers boat that way.

Just my .02........

Techno
04-24-2001, 09:54 PM
I agree with you, If I didn't already have the gauge and was getting something new. But since this has been done in the past and there are other people that have these ronsons under thier dash I thought that if your going to run one it should have the correct line.
If you think running 48psi fuel under the dash is bad, imagine doing it through a line thats not designed for it.

Eventually I'm going to replace it.

On the isolaters how much are they? The only ones I found cost about as much as getting an electric.

Rickracer
04-25-2001, 01:32 PM
The Autometer one is 32.00 + shipping, but of course you need a hose kit to attach to the supply, and one to go to the guage.

Raceman
04-25-2001, 05:07 PM
I've got Auto Meter isolaters on both my STV's and they work great. 50% antifreeze in the guage side and trouble free year round. Every last air bubble out on guage side seems critical on initial installation. The first one read crazy. Replaced guage, but found air at the same time. Never knew which was the cause.

Techno
04-25-2001, 08:41 PM
I guess I'll have to get me one of those before I put fuel throught the hose. I even have a use for the valve, purge and fill the line. I already have the hose.