PDA

View Full Version : Buyer beware - Ebay user Sirfishalot - Discount Marine, Hardeeville, SC

STV_Keith
01-07-2014, 11:38 AM
Recently won an auction set up by Charles Getsinger of Discount Marine & Boat Sales in Hardeeville, SC. It was for a V8 trigger. Auction had a buy-it-now price of $350, and a no-reserve auction starting at .99. I was the only bidder.

After winning the auction, I made payment through Paypal. The seller decided that he wasn't happy selling it at the per-arranged price, so he cancelled the auction and refunded the money.

This is the second time in two months I've had a seller back out of a deal. Ebay seems to have no accountability for posting items for sale and not living up to your end of the bargain other than negative feedback. Thought you guys would want to know about this seller, as I'm not the first to leave this type of feedback for him.

The seller's info is here: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=sirfishalot&&_trksid=p2047675.l2560&rt=nc&iid=221341949984&sspagename=VIP:feedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

capteliminator
01-07-2014, 01:52 PM
I didn't think you could cancel after the auction ends??

LaveyT
01-07-2014, 03:15 PM
Keith,
Can you open a dispute?

SUNKIST
01-07-2014, 03:48 PM
HERES ANOTHER geek ON CRAIGSLIST ADVERTISING IN SOUTHWEST FLORIDA various outboard parts, WILLIAM COURIER aka "bill" the ripp off 941 313 1287 this hebe jeebie will promise fast expiediant shipping (does it all the time says he has a shop) then make up all kinds of s*** from heart surgury to lasic to everykind of bull**** one could think up. then just no response. lost his address but wish i didnt. there are some people that just need to dragged behind a pick up truck until theres nothing left.

STV_Keith
01-07-2014, 04:14 PM
I didn't think you could cancel after the auction ends??
Yeah, you wouldn't think so, but they can. Ebay seems to be all about the seller (who pays the fees) and not the buyer. Same thing happened to me about 2 months ago when a vendor posted two car audio amplifiers for sale for a great price. I bought both as buy-it-now, made payment through Paypal and then they rescinded the auction and refunded my Paypal payment.

Keith, Can you open a dispute?
Nope. He opened one originally and I declined his offer to cancel the transaction (didn't do that the first time and hoped for a different outcome). In the end, he refunded my Paypal payment and Ebay let him cancel the transaction. All the recourse you have as a buyer is to leave negative feedback. Weak.

afr
01-07-2014, 05:35 PM
i seen that before i had two guys fighting over a set of vette sidepipe covers we make once they realized i had more then one set it was all good and one cat even payed the highest bid
so maybe something like that happen and he got a high bid after the action before shipping
but like u said nothing you can do but complain

STV_Keith
01-07-2014, 06:28 PM
Seller says he screwed up by not putting a reserve on the auction. Thing is, with 140+ auctions, you would think he would know what he was doing and not screw up. If he did screw up, man up and abide by the agreement you accepted when hitting the submit button.

Onetime
01-08-2014, 01:37 AM
Welcome to ebay! Paypal is just as bad if you have problems! Why..... well lets see.... they are both owned by ebay. They want everyone to just sit around the campfire and sing kumbaya.

aaronmt73
01-08-2014, 03:53 PM
I sold a prop on ebay , shipped it out imediatly.Guy ran the prop and decided it wasnt right for his boat.He tells ebay the blades were folded over and ruind my 100% feedback.I refunded the money asap and was returned the prop in perfect shap the way it was sent out.My feedback went from 100 to 87 ebay says a court order is needed to remove the comment.

Turborr
01-08-2014, 05:11 PM
I sold a prop on ebay , shipped it out imediatly.Guy ran the prop and decided it wasnt right for his boat.He tells ebay the blades were folded over and ruind my 100% feedback.I refunded the money asap and was returned the prop in perfect shap the way it was sent out.My feedback went from 100 to 87 ebay says a court order is needed to remove the comment.

Now thats crap!

eli
01-08-2014, 09:01 PM
you mean fee bay flea market hard to make a buck anymore very body is selling same thing so you thought you got a trigger for 99c thats good for you but not good if you were selling it ya got to see it both ways .very one wants a deal I know .

LaveyT
01-09-2014, 08:20 AM
you mean fee bay flea market hard to make a buck anymore very body is selling same thing so you thought you got a trigger for 99c thats good for you but not good if you were selling it ya got to see it both ways .very one wants a deal I know .

All the seller had to do was put a reserve price on the part.

STV_Keith
01-09-2014, 12:04 PM

Sort of. What I mean is a seller chose how to make his listing (not his first), screwed it up because he was too ignorant to know what he was doing, then chose to not man up and accept what he had done and go through with the purchase. If he's done it once, he will do it again and this was a warning to all other boaters since he sells boat parts.

hydrostreamvking4m
01-09-2014, 12:39 PM
I would do a report with ebay and give them the item #..It looks clear to me he listed the item in a way to dodge the listing fees That would have been added to his account if he would have used the reserve auction.
Clearly nothing can be done here.But if he does it alot they will close his account..

Onetime
01-09-2014, 07:20 PM

Balony, BS, BS, etc.

Seller made the mistake. He didn't set a reserve. He could have ended the auction early and avoided it.

His mistake and he should own up to it. Just one more example of not accepting responsibility for your actions.

olboatman
01-09-2014, 07:42 PM
Balony, BS, BS, etc.

Seller made the mistake. He didn't set a reserve. He could have ended the auction early and avoided it.

His mistake and he should own up to it. Just one more example of not accepting responsibility for your actions.
:iagree:DEAD ON !!! (no pun intendid) Gary:mad:

Smoking Joe
01-10-2014, 01:23 AM
seller says he screwed up by not putting a reserve on the auction. Thing is, with 140+ auctions, you would think he would know what he was doing and not screw up. If he did screw up, man up and abide by the agreement you accepted when hitting the submit button.

agree!!!

eli
01-10-2014, 01:55 AM
All the seller had to do was put a reserve price on the part. reserve cost seller more money ebay gets enough ,the seller with the trigger should had a buy it now that ends all the bs.

STV_Keith
01-10-2014, 11:53 AM
reserve cost seller more money ebay gets enough ,the seller with the trigger should had a buy it now that ends all the bs.

He had buy it now and an auction. He just didn't set a reserve for the auction price. Personally, I HATE reserves. Just start the auction at the lowest price you are willing to take (what the reserve would have been). Why set a low price with a reserve?

Onetime
01-10-2014, 12:32 PM
reserve cost seller more money ebay gets enough ,the seller with the trigger should had a buy it now that ends all the bs.

You're right, a reserve does cost more to list. Seller was probably trying to save that extra cost, which is fine, but then you better be on top of your auction and pull it before it ends. If it ends and you didn't catch it then own up to it.