PDA

View Full Version : bullet 17cc !!

rcfreek
12-06-2013, 07:43 AM
I have a 91 mint condition 17ft cc bullet with 2.5 150 mercury (stock),and hydraulic steering and manual jack plate,if anybody is in the south central florida area that can help with my setup and wanting to put alien cowl and maybe exhaust while power head off I would appreciate it as I don't have shop or tools and want to do myself not pay shop! also I would sale boat complete ready to go for $8500 if anybody wants a rare fast bullet bass boat!! thanks guys
ps do u think I need a low water pick up and raise motor and run a chopper? boat is a hand full to drive and not as fast as it should be with this set up, a older guy had it set up for fishing not racing? just looking for opinions,thanks

tlwjkw
12-06-2013, 11:39 AM
Ya might get on FastBass and ask around. Lotta 17 footer experience over there ........Mainly Nichols. Lotta bs too but ya can wade through all that........

Corona Mike
12-06-2013, 06:56 PM
Welcome To S&F!! 1ST, Where Are You Located? I'd Start With The Some-What Simple Things 1ST. Low Water Pick-Up And Solid Motor Mounts. Bob's Machine Shop Can Help You With Both. Around St.Cloud There's Quite A Few Folks That Can Help...Remove Gear Case, Pull P/H Install Motor Mounts, Help You With The Gear Case, And Set-up. Plenty Of Ramps So, Testing Is Easy. Bob's Is A Supporting Vendor On Here So, Call Steven. That Should Get You Started.... Hope That Helps Some! Mike T.

south599
12-06-2013, 07:24 PM
what is your speed? i did find mine much easier to drive once i got the lower unit jacked up and a correct prop. You also need to make sure that your jackplate will allow you too jack the motor up into the range it needs( idealy this is + or - 2in around the pad). I had to change jackplates for mine though you should measure yours before that. A good merc chopper does good for fast running and trophy seems to be the ticket for fishing. ( honestly you have arguably one of the best 150 mercs (super lightweight, good power curve) the alien will look Great! Bobs cones are great that what my lower unit has. from what people have told me you should be able to run mid 70's with that motor and set up. I also found that with the weight i carry for fishing that a skid plate under my jackplate and foil for the cavitation plate were necessary.

Corona Mike
12-06-2013, 08:17 PM
BTW, If "PC " Is Plant City, You Are About 30-40 Min. From Bob's. They Will Pull The Gear Case, And Re-Install It When The Cone Is Done. When Steve Asks "Which Cone" Tell Him You Need The Big-Foot Cone...All The Holes Are On The Bottom. Also Have Them Put The Hi-Po Torque Tamer..Welded One...On While They Are Doing It. I'm Pretty Close So, If You Need Some Help, Let Me Know. Mike T.

rcfreek
12-06-2013, 09:49 PM
BTW, If "PC " Is Plant City, You Are About 30-40 Min. From Bob's. They Will Pull The Gear Case, And Re-Install It When The Cone Is Done. When Steve Asks "Which Cone" Tell Him You Need The Big-Foot Cone...All The Holes Are On The Bottom. Also Have Them Put The Hi-Po Torque Tamer..Welded One...On While They Are Doing It. I'm Pretty Close So, If You Need Some Help, Let Me Know. Mike T.
Thanks I am actually in lake placid Florida now

Corona Mike
12-06-2013, 09:58 PM
Thanks I am actually in lake placid Florida now

Well That's Still About 1-1/2--2 HRS. Away. Easier To Call Them, Set Up An Appointment To Bring The Boat To Them, Let Them Pull The G/C Buy The Motor Mounts And When You Decide To Replace The Cowl, Replace The Motor Mounts At The Same Time. At Least That Should Get You Heading In The Rite Direction...Mike T.

rcfreek
12-06-2013, 10:27 PM
Well That's Still About 1-1/2--2 HRS. Away. Easier To Call Them, Set Up An Appointment To Bring The Boat To Them, Let Them Pull The G/C Buy The Motor Mounts And When You Decide To Replace The Cowl, Replace The Motor Mounts At The Same Time. At Least That Should Get You Heading In The Rite Direction...Mike T.
Sounds good!! Thanks

Lockjaw
12-18-2013, 02:39 PM
I'd check with Paul Nichols at Nichols Outboard in Tennessee. He should be able to help you set it up pretty quick.

TEXAS20225
01-01-2014, 10:33 PM
good info from Mike its better when you doing it yourself to have experienced help close when you get amnesia on just what was said:iagree: this is what ive learned in the last 40 years of boating only take advice from one person on each phase of the project it well cut down on the pissin contest

Red20cc
01-20-2014, 06:59 PM
I have a 20 cc with a 225 pro max, the best I have ran so far is 93.9 stripped down, the motor is stock with a jacked up custom ecu with no limiter on it. You need lower water pickups for sure, my boat really likes the motor an inch and 3/4 above the pad with a 28 Mazco RE 3 but I ran out of prop. For fishing I run a 27 Trophy plus running at 85 loaded. A stock lower unit gets really hard to drive at about 70!!!!!!!! Hope this helps, a 24 to a 26 chopper should work well, add a torque tab.

rcfreek
01-20-2014, 07:14 PM
I have a 20 cc with a 225 pro max, the best I have ran so far is 93.9 stripped down, the motor is stock with a jacked up custom ecu with no limiter on it. You need lower water pickups for sure, my boat really likes the motor an inch and 3/4 above the pad with a 28 Mazco RE 3 but I ran out of prop. For fishing I run a 27 Trophy plus running at 85 loaded. A stock lower unit gets really hard to drive at about 70!!!!!!!! Hope this helps, a 24 to a 26 chopper should work well, add a torque tab.

I sold it this past weekend! It's now in mobile Alabama area

rcfreek
04-24-2014, 09:28 PM
I got a 20ft cc bullet with promax 225 now!!! Lol

south599
04-25-2014, 03:43 PM
Oh haha your gonna wish you had learned to drive the 17 first. It'd make the 20cc easy to run! but dont blame you id be in a bigger bullet if i could afford it in a heart beat.

tlwjkw
04-27-2014, 11:19 PM
I got a 20ft cc bullet with promax 225 now!!! Lol

Where and/or who did it come from? I have kinda been lookin' at a few lately. Not very many around......Came close on tha purple/white fly weight a little while back!

rcfreek
04-28-2014, 01:20 PM
Where and/or who did it come from? I have kinda been lookin' at a few lately. Not very many around......Came close on tha purple/white fly weight a little while back!the 20cc originally came from north Carolina to Tampa then I got it and did a lot of work to it and they are real hard to find and this is the light one!!