PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Tunnel for my 13 year old

dbug10
10-06-2013, 05:30 PM
Aight peps someone out there knows someone or has one themselves I am looking fo a 10 to 12' tunnel for my 13 year old son he is wanting to start doing a little racing and I am happy to help him out and keep the sport alive so if anyone has some info they want to pass on send me an email dbug10@aol.com and lets help this young man out thanks guys !!!!!!

pyro
10-06-2013, 07:06 PM
What kind of racing? The little tunnels have some practical limitations in the real world, and you might have an easier time finding a small vee hull, like a Hydrostream Voo-Doo or Checkmate.

dbug10
10-06-2013, 07:50 PM
What kind of racing? The little tunnels have some practical limitations in the real world, and you might have an easier time finding a small vee hull, like a Hydrostream Voo-Doo or Checkmate.

He eventually will be drag racing but for safety sake and him just cutting his teeth driving at speed a tunnel will be his best bet as far as im concerened (and his mama) but we may end up with a v bottom later on

Twisted Liquid
10-06-2013, 09:37 PM
We have a 12' tunnel based off the old Baja Scat Cat, and the original 13' Fun Cat molds. Available from bare hull to turn key. www.TwistedLiquidMarine.com

dbug10
10-06-2013, 10:26 PM
Man those are some sweet looking little boats but I should have been more specific I am looking for a race style tunnel like the Mirage Bobcat

Marchettih2o
10-09-2013, 06:37 AM
I have an all wood DelCraft 14' tunnel kneeler...a real fun fast boat....I ran a 75 HP Singer on it, but those speeds might be too much to start off with, however a 45 would probably push it just fine for him...problem is the boat is in Dallas, Texas...also have a 15' KAOS all wood, late 70's style...for a 75 HP...both boats need to go.