PDA

View Full Version : Barney, did Rick Racer stick to his payment plan?

TD
07-23-2001, 08:34 PM
I was just wondering cause we all have a stake in this and thought weALL should know.
Varmint

Barney
07-24-2001, 12:46 PM
Or just a FLAKE!

Well after a few post regarding his lack of honor, lack of honesty, lack of follow through, he sent me an email!!!

He said it was kinda slow around his shop, getting close to the school year and he had better things to spend my money on, than repay me....

Rick, you are a flake.

Go find another rock to hide under.

I called his bank to learn he had INSUFFICIENT funds to cover his $100 payment, imagine that!

Where are all those that were telling me how wrong I was about Speedo Rickracer?

He is BULL****!

TD
07-24-2001, 06:24 PM
brother Barney. Dont drop the ball.
Varmint

Barney
07-24-2001, 08:42 PM
Everybody was jumping to the aide of the honorable Rickracer, well he needs your help now.

His speedos are getting a little thin on the backside from public Barney spankings, can he get a hand here?

Purple speedos with green racing stripes, "Plum Crazy for Pres." printed on the back!

I think I may need an accountant also, I know how sensitive everyone gets, but I should still be able to get my money's worth, how much does everyone think each post is worth?

Or does anyone think?

84exciter
07-24-2001, 08:52 PM
I was hoping rr would straighten this mess out.he took advantage of your trust,that's f#%*ed up!he comes here and promotes his business and we're all expected to use him for parts and the like and he screws u over.then people bash you.hey RR get your **** together!!

Jrocket
07-24-2001, 11:42 PM
So whats the next plan?Do ya go in for the kill(sort of speeking)or do ya write this one off?Maybe he's waiting for another victom,so he can get some cash.But what if he sold some of his toys to pay back the money,it could be hard if none of the toys are in his name.I just can't figure how someone could do what he did.He definately dropped the ball this time,what a shame...Ouch....John

[Edited by jrocket on 07-24-2001 at 11:45 PM]

Instigator
07-25-2001, 07:10 AM
Not sure on the deal with you Barney, Hate hearing when something goes wrong in a transaction but if you do enough of them like most of us do, it's bound to happen sooner or later.
Again I don't know the issue between Barey and Rick, I don't follow posts unless they pertain to me or something I know about.
I do have to come forward and say that Rick has been more than helpfull and professional in my business dealings with him.
He has saved me money (substantial) on everything I've bought from him.
He has also helped me with technical support, e'd me pages from manuals, schematics etc.
I hate to see a deal go bad, but its almost as scary to see how quick a persons reputation can get destroyed, and how fast people want to jump on the "bashing band wagon" even when they are not involved!!
Kinda like being stuck in a traffic jam at an accident scene so everyone can slow down to look for blood!
You all are right that Rick has pitched his business on this site, but so what???
I think if you go back through the archives you'll see that he was always one of the first people to offer assistance to those asking for it.
I try to give my business to those people helping and supporting our sport.
I also know that there are other Marine based business owners that participate on this board that choose not to identify them selves in the chance that something goes wrong in a transaction. They feel that the potential gain in business is not worth the risk!!
Again, I hope Barney gets his deal cleared up with Rick and I hate hearing that there is a problem with it.
But I will refrain from bashing somebodies name and reputation when I'm not involved, don't know the specifics (none of my business), and I for one have had only positive dealings with him.
Good luck Barn, and again I hope you get what you are owed.
Instigator

NPK2003
07-25-2001, 08:00 AM
I tend to agree with Instigator that many of us don't know the story behind this bashing. From what I have read above, you (Barney) more-or-less said that Rick admitted that he was down on his luck right now. Desperate people do desperate deeds, often out of necessity. People on this board generally rally to support each other when things get tough. We have people wanting to help Anthony SS not sell his boat, people contributing to Balzy's March of Dimes Drive that aren't even attending Pre-Firewater and then we have just the opposite spirit posted over and over again, bludgeoning a guy who admits he's having hard times.

In case you haven't noticed, business is tough for many industries right now. Layoffs are announced every day. Hell, Mercury Marine announced yesterday that they are having a huge layoff. OMC went bankrupt. Marine dealers are hurting big time. If we expect these S&F dealer buddies to give us huge discounts, how can we expect them to save for rainy days like these? I have had to give many of my customers, including some surprising large corporations, extended terms on outstanding balances. And when some of my customers couldn't make a payment, I gave them a "skip payment" and not a bashing on a public board so that he won't have any customers to earn revenue to make your payment plan. Maybe you are becoming your own worst enemy in trying to get your money repaid? Just another opinion that could be wrong.

Barney
07-25-2001, 10:42 AM
The deal was I bought a boat and motor through Rick. A personal friend of Rick's had his motor stolen, Rick wanted to give his friend a good deal due to circumstances. I agreed, Rick sold my motor, kept the money.

But promised to repay.

Since the promise to repay my money that he just took, he has not followed through.

I waited through 3 months of silence and broken Rickracer promises to repay, all the while he was continuing to profess how honorable he is.

He bought another boat with my money, hard times??!??

Now he needed to buy school supplies?!?

Everybody jumped my **** for bringing it up, "give him a chance to repay", so I did, he did not!

Rick has been helpful to many, that does not change the ethics involved. He has been given MANY chances to make good, but continues to "promise" and not follow through.

How far down on your luck do you need to be so stealing from a "friend" is OK by everyone?

I bought boat, motor and parts through Rick to help, I'll bet I bought more through him than any other member here, well over $10,000, and he stole my money.

I would feel responsible if he did it to someone else that could not take the hit! **** does happen and it stinks, but Rick still wants to ask for our business, continues to profess himself honorable and says "it's not my fault and I'll pay ya back, I don't know when or how, but TRUST ME!"

I have busted my balls to help many people, given my time energy and effort too, that's why were here, so what.

Desperate people doing desperate acts still need to be accountable. He **** on his own dinner plate.

I do not believe he will never repay, it gets under my skin a bit to read his posts. I liked AND helped the guy allot, he stole from me, hurt my feelings cause I considered him a friend, part of the family, I paid for a vacation and he stayed at my house.

What should WE DO? Give him another break?

Anyone here have kids?

KaptainKirk
07-25-2001, 01:48 PM
If your on hardtimes then ya sell your toys!!!
There are quite a few people sellin there toys just for that reason on this board and in the area I live in(Lucent tech. is the major employer in my neighborhood) either ya sell after your in trouble or before you are cause ya know its coming. Haven't seen RR'S boat for sale????
Yes I agree not my business but if I was in trouble I'd sell my guns but one and the boat and.......etc....
My 2 cents.

NPK2003
07-25-2001, 05:53 PM
Barney;

After hearing the story, and if Rick did buy a boat after receiving payment for your motor, then I would be just as upset as you. I'm sure many of us have had to sell our toys more than once to come up with much needed funds. I have done so a number of times. Sometimes you recover sooner, sometimes later. But if you work at it, you can and will recover and move forward.

I hope you and RR can work it out. If you can post ya did, then I'm sure most people on this board will give RR a break on this one, cause I bet most of us have been in a spot ourselves.

Good luck to both of you and thanks for your side of the story.

07-25-2001, 06:42 PM
a deal is a deal. If Barney were a bank, RR would not have a place or a pot to pee in. Can you say lien? Just my thoughts. Bummed about the whole scenario.
Wanted to get some parts from you but I will refrain.
Sorry,
Wicky

TD
07-25-2001, 07:09 PM
stealing is stealing and a thief is a thief. Whats that saying Ike Clanton said? **** dont go round here law dog. I've seen arms broken for a lot less money and sometimes people just disappear. Remember Jimmy Hoffa? Guess I'll quit rambling now cause it dont mean squat. RR, you're a VERY lucky person that it wasn't me ya stole from.
Varmint

woodco
07-27-2001, 01:22 PM
We all fall into bad times one or more times in our life.I
had a close friend ( thought he was a close friend ) that smoked his 150 Yamaha 3 days before a bass tournament.He
came to me an asked if I would " LEND " him my GT 150 for the tournament.I felt bad so I said no problem use it but return it the day after.Well that was 3 years ago and I'm
still waiting.The " S.O.B." skipped town with my motor.This is a really depressing situation to have happen to a friendship that was built on trust for 13 yrs.I will find him and he will pay for his ignorance.I think R.R should make an attempt to pay his debts and not ignore the situation even if it was 20.00 a week or a month.It's not
the amount that counts it's the " Intent that Does ".

Joe

Talon2.5
07-27-2001, 02:13 PM
it's an 81/2 by 11 plaque and
it's written by a guy called Kieth Kennedy.........

The Bottom Line

Face it, Nobody owes you a living
what you achieve or fail to achieve in your own lifetime
is directly related to what you do or fail to do

no one chooses his parents or childhood
but you can choose your own direction.
everyone has problems and obstacles to overcome
but that too is relative to each individual

nothing is carved in stone, you can change
anything in your life, if you want to badly enough

exuses are for loosers,
those who take responsibility for thier actions
are the real winners in life
winners meet lifes challenges head on,
knowing there are no guarantees
and give it all theyve got
and never think it's too early or too late to begin
time plays no favorites and will pass whether
you act or not

take control of your life.

dare to dream and take risks...compete

if you aren't willing to work for your goals
don't expect others to.

believe in your self.

....................................later, skip

woodco
07-27-2001, 02:35 PM
"That is as true as it gets "

MrRob
02-26-2007, 05:19 PM
It seems that Rick Racers is no longer trading. So why is the site still available?

verytricky
02-26-2007, 07:31 PM
I was just wondering cause we all have a stake in this and thought weALL should know.
Varmint

For what its worth, he is currently ripping off people from the UK.

You guys in the US need to sort him out - too long a flight for the money he has taken....:cool:

SCT
02-26-2007, 10:14 PM
Talk about digging up an old thread and characters- (Woodco, Barney, etc)..............

Stoker1
02-27-2007, 02:31 AM
Talk about digging up an old thread and characters- (Woodco, Barney, etc)..............

Lol. Thats the truth.:p

BUSHWACKER
03-01-2007, 02:07 AM
but a goodie even if only 1 new member see's it and doesn't get screwed by RR it saved 1. Good job TD.
I got screwed by CLIMATEMASTER, from SC on boat parts, and he is in the HVAC business in SC. I can only imagine what I would have got if I gave him the job of putting in a new unit in my house.

baja200merk
03-01-2007, 02:48 AM
The deal was I bought a boat and motor through Rick. A personal friend of Rick's had his motor stolen, Rick wanted to give his friend a good deal due to circumstances. I agreed, Rick sold my motor, kept the money.

But promised to repay.

Since the promise to repay my money that he just took, he has not followed through.

I waited through 3 months of silence and broken Rickracer promises to repay, all the while he was continuing to profess how honorable he is.

He bought another boat with my money, hard times??!??

Now he needed to buy school supplies?!?

Everybody jumped my **** for bringing it up, "give him a chance to repay", so I did, he did not!

Rick has been helpful to many, that does not change the ethics involved. He has been given MANY chances to make good, but continues to "promise" and not follow through.

How far down on your luck do you need to be so stealing from a "friend" is OK by everyone?

I bought boat, motor and parts through Rick to help, I'll bet I bought more through him than any other member here, well over $10,000, and he stole my money.

I would feel responsible if he did it to someone else that could not take the hit! **** does happen and it stinks, but Rick still wants to ask for our business, continues to profess himself honorable and says "it's not my fault and I'll pay ya back, I don't know when or how, but TRUST ME!"

I have busted my balls to help many people, given my time energy and effort too, that's why were here, so what.

Desperate people doing desperate acts still need to be accountable. He **** on his own dinner plate.

I do not believe he will never repay, it gets under my skin a bit to read his posts. I liked AND helped the guy allot, he stole from me, hurt my feelings cause I considered him a friend, part of the family, I paid for a vacation and he stayed at my house.

What should WE DO? Give him another break?

Anyone here have kids?

This is very hard for me to belive. I have purchased many items from Rick&Barbra and have had no problems what so ever. I met rick in the flesh at RR2 because he pointed out the fact that I had a smoked wheel bearing on my trailer (smoked being an understatement). Rick was about as dirty as i was by the time he and I finished smashing the bearing race off the axel. He was more then willing to help. So i find this hard to belive :confused:

Kevin :o

Forkin' Crazy
03-01-2007, 03:12 AM
This is very hard for me to belive. .:confused:

Kevin :o

Sad but true. Ask around. :(

AND, look at the dates.

whipper
03-01-2007, 03:30 AM
Sad but true. Ask around. :(

AND, look at the dates.
I hate when that happens Dohh! Something like 5+ year old crap should be archived or something so not to put salt in an old wound. Ive seen the same thing on boats for sale some one asking Q about a boat that was for sale 4 years ago? I guess I should have looked at the dates of the origanal thread oooops. I will deleted my previous post.:D I like that option. James

Sorry Dog
05-29-2007, 01:35 PM
"That is as true as it gets "

How ironic...I guess thieves tend to stick hang around each other.

RR would rob Peter to pay Paul which I guess is OK unless your Peter.

...no pun intended Forkin.

Sorry Dog
05-29-2007, 01:37 PM
I hate when that happens Dohh! Something like 5+ year old crap should be archived or something so not to put salt in an old wound.

Actually, I think this kind of stuff should be pinned to the top. The boat parts and trading business don't exactly have the best reputation in the world.

mr.clean
05-29-2007, 02:18 PM
This should remind everyone to do a little research before giving someone your money. All the info you'll ever need is here for you if you make the effort. Rick never got a penny from me and there was good reason for that.Caveat Emptor!

1BadAction
05-29-2007, 02:31 PM
yea, and clean hates barney too, just so you know hes not playin favorites :D

TD
05-29-2007, 02:38 PM
Man, never thoght I'd see this thread again! FYI, RR never did repay him.

MrRob
05-30-2007, 06:17 AM
I did get my gauges after only 8 months!

MercNuts
05-30-2007, 07:06 AM
If I can remember the details of this a struggling small garage owner selling boat parts at discounted prices as a sideline got into personal financial trouble and did not pay back money he borrowed from a convincted drug dealer who served time in a federal prison for drug trafficking. The small time parts dealer whose personal financial problems including an ex wife with a hungry attorney caused a lapse in business ethics, but the drug dealer is the good guy and victim here and the lynch mob is after the other guy who had good intentions but bad outcome.

And a certain dog who never posts here unless there is controversy or something negative to say jumps in and ads his two cents to a 6 year old post that's dug up from the bottom.

That should about sumarize it for anybody that has not seen the mess from the start.

I hope the moderators deleat or lock this trhead so it can sink to the bottom of the tank where it belongs.

Barney = banned
Woodco= banned
RickyRacer = does not post here and is no longer a supporting sponsor
Barney groupies = ought to crawl back under their rocks

TD
05-30-2007, 07:03 PM
If I can remember the details of this a struggling small garage owner selling boat parts at discounted prices as a sideline got into personal financial trouble and did not pay back money he borrowed from a convincted drug dealer who served time in a federal prison for drug trafficking. The small time parts dealer whose personal financial problems including an ex wife with a hungry attorney caused a lapse in business ethics, but the drug dealer is the good guy and victim here and the lynch mob is after the other guy who had good intentions but bad outcome.

And a certain dog who never posts here unless there is controversy or something negative to say jumps in and ads his two cents to a 6 year old post that's dug up from the bottom.

That should about sumarize it for anybody that has not seen the mess from the start.

I hope the moderators deleat or lock this trhead so it can sink to the bottom of the tank where it belongs.

Barney = banned
Woodco= banned

I seem to remember you being in on it with RR. When are you going to pay up? Have you gone to jail recently on more domestic violence charges or did you lie your way out of that too? Wheres my money?? Pay your bills thief.

MercNuts
05-30-2007, 09:15 PM
I seem to remember you being in on it with RR. When are you going to pay up? Have you gone to jail recently on more domestic violence charges or did you lie your way out of that too? Wheres my money?? Pay your bills thief.

Listen to me you stupid *******. I do not know who you are confusing me with but I have never met Rick Racer and have never been met you or been involved in any thing you have been involved in. I do not know who you are or where you are. I have never been arrested or in jail and have never been involved in any kind of domestic violence. I do not owe you or anybody else any money and have never had a complaint on any business deal I have ever been in. I have never sold any items on this site and my Ebay feed back rating is 100% positeve.

Retract your stupid comments and apologize or I will ask that your sorry ass be banned until you do.

mr.clean
05-30-2007, 09:20 PM
I think (Nuts) is the key word for Mr. MercNuts ;)

The Pale Rider
05-30-2007, 09:21 PM
TD mercnuts had nothing to do with rickracer. use the search function before you post and look like a dumbass.

Forkin' Crazy
05-30-2007, 09:21 PM

Barney = banned
Woodco= banned

If you are without sin, cast the first stone. You know a lot about the story. I bet there is a lot more to it than what you post too!

If you don't want to read it, DON"T CLICK ON THE LINK!!!!

Interesting. ;)

Forkin' Crazy
05-30-2007, 09:25 PM
Retract your stupid comments and apologize or I will ask that your sorry ass be banned until you do.

LMAO!!!! TD you got him all stirred up.

:D Ask that he be banned! LMAO!!!! Can I be next??? :eek:

TD
05-30-2007, 10:02 PM
Listen to me you stupid *******. I do not know who you are confusing me with but I have never met Rick Racer and have never been met you or been involved in any thing you have been involved in. I do not know who you are or where you are. I have never been arrested or in jail and have never been involved in any kind of domestic violence. I do not owe you or anybody else any money and have never had a complaint on any business deal I have ever been in. I have never sold any items on this site and my Ebay feed back rating is 100% positeve.

There you go starting **** again. Call me a stupid mother ****er will you? Ha, I laugh in your ugly face. Send his money and don't be trying to save your ass. You have been called on it . One might say you should have stayed out off this thread if you (supposedly) didn't know anything about it. Now, with a response ,like this do you really expext anyone to believe you are not capable of domestic violence? I am supprized you're out already!

Raceman
05-30-2007, 10:03 PM
TD from your signature it looks like you may be confusing MercNuts with Mercman who you've apparently had issues with. There is also a MercNut (no S on the end) registered on this board. The PM I got from MercNuts assured me that he has never had any problems with you, anybody else on this board, or anybody on any boat website.

I agree............. you DO owe MercNuts an apology for the mistaken identity and resulting comments.

TD
05-30-2007, 10:13 PM
TD from your signature it looks like you may be confusing MercNuts with Mercman who you've apparently had issues with. There is also a MercNut (no S on the end) registered on this board. The PM I got from MercNuts assured me that he has never had any problems with you, anybody else on this board, or anybody on any boat website.

I agree............. you DO owe MercNuts an apology for the mistaken identity and resulting comments.

There will be no app for this person. What he assures you is not gospel. He owes and he did. There are plenty of people on here that owe me an opology yourself included. I am not asking for that and I wouldn't expect it if I did.
Maybe Mr. mercnuts would like to applogize for calling a certain aledged convicted drug dealer a convicted drug dealer? He was not even a suspected dealer at the time. Now, I am asking you for this person to demand an appolody from Mercnuts .

MercNuts
05-30-2007, 10:19 PM
There you go starting **** again. Call me a stupid mother ****er will you? Ha, I laugh in your ugly face. Send his money and don't be trying to save your ass. You have been called on it . One might say you should have stayed out off this thread if you (supposedly) didn't know anything about it. Now, with a response ,like this do you really expext anyone to believe you are not capable of domestic violence? I am supprized you're out already!

I called you a stupid as shole but the board deleated it. Regardless of the expletive the stupid part fits you real good. I do not have a clue what you are talking about but in case you did not understand it the first go round I have never been involved with anybody in any of this except for reading details on this website. Get your people straight before you start heaving allegations and may be people will not see you for the moron you are.

You are such a habitual victim and crybaby you do not even know who all you have and have not been screwed by.

For what I know about Rickyracer not paying back the money on the boat deal all of the information came from old posts that anybody could read on this board.

Since I do not label myself as a drunk or TownDrunk maybe my memory is a little better.

MercNuts
05-30-2007, 10:28 PM
There will be no app for this person. What he assures you is not gospel. He owes and he did. There are plenty of people on here that owe me an opology yourself included. I am not asking for that and I wouldn't expect it if I did.
Maybe Mr. mercnuts would like to applogize for calling a certain aledged convicted drug dealer a convicted drug dealer? He was not even a suspected dealer at the time. Now, I am asking you for this person to demand an appolody from Mercnuts .

In addition to being a total idiot you are a straight out liar. I am going to say this again. I have never done any business with you and do not know you or anything about you outside of your stupid posts on this website. I have never done any business with your hero.

Let it go. You are wrong and making yourself look even more stupid if that is even possible.