PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Boat Club

MirageBts
01-25-2003, 03:42 PM
The meeting will be held at the Marriot Hotel in Fort Wayne, IN on February 8th at 4 PM. The purpose of this meeting is to establish a performance boating club in Indiana. This club is for motorized powerboats with the primary focus on boats 25’ and smaller, that is not to say larger boats are not welcome because they are. It is the intent of this club to be very family oriented and friendly.

We have a meeting room reserved for our use from 4-6 PM. If you are interested in booking a room for Friday night or Saturday night, we have secured 20 rooms at a rate of $69 per night. When you call reservations, be sure to let them know that you are with the “Boat Club” for our block of rooms. This is a nice hotel with many amenities: indoor pool & hot tub, Delta House Nightclub which opens at 6 PM and closes at 3 AM and the Red River steakhouse which is open for breakfast from 6:30 AM to 11 PM. The bar looks like a fun place and the restaurant has a very good menu with a nice salad bar and a KILLER Sunday Brunch. For those of you that want to hit the sopping arena, it is a straight shot to the mall and shopping areas from the hotel.

For reservations or questions, you can call the hotel directly at (260) 484-0411 or you can call the Marriot national reservations at (800) 228-9290. You may begin checking-in at 3 PM and check-out is by noon the next day. The hotel will not have our group, “Boat Club”, in their system until Monday, January 27. So if you call for reservation before then, they will not know what you are talking about. The hotel seems to be very cooperative. So if you need anything questions or special needs, please give them a call. My contact there is Amanda McClurg (260) 484-0411 ext. 378.

Directions to the Marriott

From I69 North or I169 South - Exit 112A. Marriott is located 1/2 mile south of I69 on the corner of Coldwater and Washington Center Rd.

From US 27/33 - Follow Clinton 27/33 North. Clinton will become Lafayette St. it will then merge into Coldwater Rd. The hotel is located at the corner of Washington Center Rd. and Coldwater Rd.

Marriott to US 30 - Take I69 South to 469 to exit 109.

Marriott to US 24 East - Take I69 North to 469 to exit 21

Marriott to US 24 West - Take I69 South to exit 102.

As for the Schedule, if people will show up before the meeting and gather in the lobby area around 3 PM, that will give us all a chance to do the “Meet & Greet” before the meeting. This will allow us to know each other a little better before our meeting and get to business when we meet in our meeting room.

Saturday, January 25, 2003
3 PM Meet & Greet in the lobby
4-6 PM Meeting
Club Formation/Organization
Offices & Duties
Dues
Mission statement
Events & Types
Calendar of events
Areas to boat
???
7 PM Dinner at the Red River Steakhouse which is on the hotel property.
After dinner: Pool, Bar, ??? (the pool area does allow beverages just no glass containers)

Sunday, January 26, 2003
Sunday Brunch begins at 7 AM till 2 PM, $10.50, bring your shovel, this grub is GOOD!

If anyone has anything that they would like to include on our agenda for the meeting, please email it to me at MirageBts@aol.com . I will have my two boys (6 & 9) there along with the lovely Boatkitten. If you are bringing kids, please let me know and we will make some arrangements to keep them busy.

Thank You,

Brad Collins