PDA

View Full Version : Winter work near Vero Beach.

Capt.Insane-o
08-29-2013, 04:21 PM
I'll be near Vero Beach for a good part of the winter, being that I can't sit idle for too long this seems like a good place to inquire if any marinas or the sort look for part/full time help technician wise.

baja200merk
08-29-2013, 09:02 PM
Theres already a cast of characters on here that are over there... Adding you to the mix :eek: :D

Instigator
08-30-2013, 08:24 AM
These guys are decent size and have been around a long time and I haven't heard any bad about them.

http://veromarine.com/

Several smaller ones a few miles either direction too. Most places down here, are always looking for quality techs.

We are in process of moving from Sebastian to Vero so let me know if I can help.

Capt.Insane-o
08-30-2013, 01:41 PM
These guys are decent size and have been around a long time and I haven't heard any bad about them.

http://veromarine.com/

Several smaller ones a few miles either direction too. Most places down here, are always looking for quality techs.

We are in process of moving from Sebastian to Vero so let me know if I can help.

Cool ,thanks Gary. There is no money left on this side of the state, and with the impending doomcare coming up it is looking even more bleak. So it's time to go. I've had my heart on southern Tennesse too, but I have lodging for a year in Vero.

Instigator
08-30-2013, 07:35 PM
Cool ,thanks Gary. There is no money left on this side of the state, and with the impending doomcare coming up it is looking even more bleak. So it's time to go. I've had my heart on southern Tennesse too, but I have lodging for a year in Vero.
Too bad about up there. I've been hearing similar.

I think you'll like Vero. Big enough to have everything and small enough to not be nuts w/traffic like everything farther south. There's probably 10 shops within 10 miles in either direction. Some tiny, one man shops and some that are real. The one I posted the link to is a big Grady White/Yammi dealer and has been there a long time. On the water too.

motorheadbishop
09-16-2013, 03:42 PM
Welcome to Vero Capt.
We boat year round, we got a good lil crowd that
shows up every Sunday at the island, for some week long
smack talk settling... LOL... I think the count now is 6 stv's,
and few others...
Not sure if they have a website, or not but (Complete Marine) in Vero Beach
is a mercury dealer, Im freinds with the owner "Vinnie" pretty cool guy... Give him a
shout hes lookin for a good help sometimes...
Once your settled in we'll all intruduce you to the "Famous Stevie Weavie":p

davemvegas
09-16-2013, 04:28 PM
Welcome to Vero Capt.
and few others...
is a mercury dealer, Im freinds with the owner "Vinnie" pretty cool guy... Give him a

you might want to hurry on down. I watched to clowns work on a euro for a couple of hours at the island yesterday. it was running bad but cranked over and started ok. their assessment of the problem they came up with? they agreed it had to be a bad starter. pulled up another boat with a merc and preceded to swap starters. after the starter swap. and both motors fired up when the key was turned. (keep in mind both motors fired up before the starter swap, they were fixing a bad running problem) the excitement was short lived. the boat still would not get on plane. I think one of the mechanics was called motorhead bishop, and the other was the the boat owner. he is known as the amazing stevie weavey. I think the amazing title is from his ability to take a fast motor and mate it to a fast hull. and end up with a slow boat. his mirage did bust 70 once in awhile. I heard by the passenger in his euro that was holding the gps that he hit 48 yesterday. but stevie weavey swears he is wrong. stevie weavey is claiming he went 62 in the euro.

Capt.Insane-o
09-16-2013, 05:01 PM
Welcome to Vero Capt.
and few others...

Thanks, I'll be on my way when my HST is back in one piece and dropped off for Gel. The only thing I really have to bring down is my Vixen or an old center console.. :/ Prolly be headed that way right before Christmas.

motorheadbishop
09-16-2013, 05:35 PM
you might want to hurry on down. I watched to clowns work on a euro for a couple of hours at the island yesterday. it was running bad but cranked over and started ok. their assessment of the problem they came up with? they agreed it had to be a bad starter. pulled up another boat with a merc and preceded to swap starters. after the starter swap. and both motors fired up when the key was turned. (keep in mind both motors fired up before the starter swap, they were fixing a bad running problem) the excitement was short lived. the boat still would not get on plane. I think one of the mechanics was called motorhead bishop, and the other was the the boat owner. he is known as the amazing stevie weavey. I think the amazing title is from his ability to take a fast motor and mate it to a fast hull. and end up with a slow boat. his mirage did bust 70 once in awhile. I heard by the passenger in his euro that was holding the gps that he hit 48 yesterday. but stevie weavey swears he is wrong. stevie weavey is claiming he went 62 in the euro.

Beware of this guy... Seen stevies boat run 91 at the canal... But he swears no way... Yes the starter t woulnt turn over a motor with 140lbs compression and yes it did crank 90-100 psi compression...
And back to what I thought was wronge, u can't run bu8hs plugs in a efi motor, u gotta run a
Resistor plug like a br8hs... We changed plugs and found it also had a bad switch box...
But u never beleave what I have to say, so start a thread and ask... Peace!
U better get off the computer and get to work on your cruiser , cuz stevies comin for you...
With his 60 mph euro... Guess that will put u at around 45 mph with a 300???

davemvegas
09-16-2013, 05:58 PM
motorhead idle down a little. it was a joke. I know the starter did not turn the motor fast enough to start it. ( remember you tried to rope start it ) but you dish it out on another thread about your kids jon boat out running my eliminator. I thought it must be make up a story day. I decided to play along. ps. 91 in canal with only a driver and low on gas in a mirage. that is a slow mirage no matter how fast you say it.

toyomirage02
09-24-2013, 11:32 PM
you cant pull start a efi motor ..bull **** as long as its warm lol

baja200merk
09-25-2013, 08:48 AM
you cant pull start a efi motor ..bull **** as long as its warm lol

true story cause I thought I was gonna get a picture of him on a push rope. Then he pulled up to the dock :thumbsup:

FUJIMO
10-19-2013, 12:14 PM
Of course! EVERYONE knows you can't pull-start an EFI! You have to push-start it. :smiletest:

Fulltilt
12-21-2013, 12:49 PM
Was that Mirage white and orange?

I bought a Mirage from a guy in Vero Beach named Steve.

motorhead idle down a little. it was a joke. I know the starter did not turn the motor fast enough to start it. ( remember you tried to rope start it ) but you dish it out on another thread about your kids jon boat out running my eliminator. I thought it must be make up a story day. I decided to play along. ps. 91 in canal with only a driver and low on gas in a mirage. that is a slow mirage no matter how fast you say it.

davemvegas
12-21-2013, 02:07 PM
I think Stevie's was white with some orange on it. he replaced it with a pretty nice euro. and I am not sure why. but the euro fixed his personably disorder.

Fulltilt
12-21-2013, 03:02 PM
Sounds like him. Had a brother who past away last spring.

Over the phone sounded like someone I wouldn't mind having a beer with.

I like the Mirage he sold me, but it wasn't "turn-key", like I was told. So I paid too much for it.

My bad, buying a boat from such a long ways away, without seeing it in person.

He said he ran with some members on here, and he sent me pics of the Euro he ended up with.

Fulltilt
12-21-2013, 03:07 PM

Pic of the Mirage.

Fulltilt
12-21-2013, 03:08 PM
Stupid new computer. Only meant to post it once.