PDA

View Full Version : WTB LH flywheel and starter

Chummy
07-29-2013, 03:26 PM
Looking for a left hand rotation flywheel and starter for a 2.4 or 2.5.

simplyorange
07-29-2013, 05:35 PM
:confused: im pretty sure all of the powerheads spin the same way.

davemvegas
07-29-2013, 06:36 PM
it is the lower unit that turns the prop either right or left rotation. like stated above all powerheads run the same rotation. but as always. i may be wrong. will have to watch to see if there is any reverse motors out there.

1BadAction
07-29-2013, 06:42 PM
:confused: im pretty sure all of the powerheads spin the same way.

it is the lower unit that turns the prop either right or left rotation. like stated above all powerheads run the same rotation. but as always. i may be wrong. will have to watch to see if there is any reverse motors out there.

Chummy knows exactly what he is looking for, that's why he posted it, and yes, there are RH and LH motors.

Why would anyone post in a parts wanted thread if not only they didn't have, but they don't even know WTF he is looking for? F'n forums. :nonod:

simplyorange
07-29-2013, 07:52 PM
well I didn't insult him or say he didn't know what he had, I just said im pretty sure.... but since I am now in a learning position, how and why did they run them backwards?

albypine
07-29-2013, 08:01 PM
Long as he does not start asking for pink flywheels I am pretty sure chummy knows what he is after ;)

1BadAction
07-29-2013, 08:03 PM
Race lower units, direct drive. There are some RH props but selection is much better with the LH.

Mercury actually makes a RH in LH out direct drive case now under the 200XS optimax because the optis will only turn one way, those cases are however, extremely expensive and not available used yet so it's just easier to convert to turn backwards.

Chummy
07-29-2013, 08:59 PM
No harm done guys lol, but yeah i'm swapping the rotation to run a LH speedy so that way I can have a better prop selection and newer style prop shaft. Thanks for looking

OCEAN OUTBOARD
08-01-2013, 10:17 AM
i got the starter, and i think i may have the flywheel also

OCEAN OUTBOARD
08-02-2013, 09:13 AM
got the flywheel also

Dave S
08-05-2013, 08:50 PM
C R..... counter rotaion..... The SSM case that is RH but is LH.....Merc cases in the lh config were week so Merc took rh cases and re/shimmed the top gears for CR use....