levi ledet
07-22-2013, 07:30 PM
his name is Chris. 318-286-8648

keith scotton
07-23-2013, 08:17 AM
Acie has Nicks boat phone is 281 339 3871

NPK2003
07-23-2013, 10:18 PM
Kim. I have Lentzkow's DR20. I never ran it much. My buddy Jeff Clienmark bought it from John and he wanted to go back to open cckpit. It hooked at Kosh with Jeff driving it and had some damage to port pickle. Was running117 mph 200' before 1000' finish line. Lower unit broke with non-ratching lower. Yeah!
It was repaired in my shop and is better than new or at least as good. I added a cross brace between the ones in front of and behind the cockpit and reinforced the rest with that expensive plywood and thin coat of resin. You can now lift the boat by either pickle and it won't flex as before.

I have a virgin DRX just sitting unrigged and think I know what to do with the bottom to "Un-stick it" out of the hole. I don't need four race boats and wife is afraid for me to race the DR20. Bob Albee drove it at Gulf Port in 2010 and took 2nd place in ProGas with a non-refreshed drag. It's fast, maybe too fast for a 63 year old. I hooked Bob on DR's and he bought the old Dock Rocket from Dewitt. Dock Rocket's in my shop for a facelift and rigging. Call my cell during the day to talk about it if interested. 414-248-2412.
Nick Kaye

kim cleckler
07-24-2013, 07:34 PM
Kim. I have Lentzkow's DR20. I never ran it much. My buddy Jeff Clienmark bought it from John and he wanted to go back to open cckpit. It hooked at Kosh with Jeff driving it and had some damage to port pickle. Was running117 mph 200' before 1000' finish line. Lower unit broke with non-ratching lower. Yeah!
It was repaired in my shop and is better than new or at least as good. I added a cross brace between the ones in front of and behind the cockpit and reinforced the rest with that expensive plywood and thin coat of resin. You can now lift the boat by either pickle and it won't flex as before.

I have a virgin DRX just sitting unrigged and think I know what to do with the bottom to "Un-stick it" out of the hole. I don't need four race boats and wife is afraid for me to race the DR20. Bob Albee drove it at Gulf Port in 2010 and took 3rd or 4th with a non-refreshed drag. It's fast, maybe too fast for a 63 year old. I hooked Bob on DR's and he bought the old Dock Rocket from Dewitt. Dock Rocket's in my shop for a facelift and rigging. Call my cell during the day to talk about it if interested. 414-248-2412.
Nick Kaye

Nick what do you want for the dr-20 I am intrested... The dr x is VERY FAST but i nearly got killed in mine... email me or tell me here

NPK2003
07-31-2013, 10:42 PM
Nick what do you want for the dr-20 I am intrested... The dr x is VERY FAST but i nearly got killed in mine... email me or tell me here
Kim
Been out of town. I will send pics and info via e-mail. You have first dibs. I know a lot about the DRX. Mine is 515 lbs. I ran along side your old DRX when John bought it. Once on plane, it was a rocket. I will lift the DR20 up with one of my cranes to show you the bottom as well. It's fast and has great holeshot. Wally's looked it over and saw her run. It's a racer's hull. Nick

LongShot
08-01-2013, 06:43 AM
Kim or Nick, could you send me some pics of a DR X? i raced ODBa in 2000-2001 and then work got in the way of play. Never did see that boat. Saw Lentzkow many times in the DR 20. That thing would hang that right sponson way up in the air.

d2hensley@bellsouth.net

NPK2003
09-09-2013, 11:13 PM
Guys;
Sorry for not replying quickly. I suffered an injury just before Labor Day and took me a while to catch up and put things in order. I was able to get some pictures taken of the DR20 at my shop now and added others from over the years. There's a link to "Dropbox" which has pictures and a video of me running against my now DR20 at Jasper when Jeff Clienmark owned it the yearafter buying it from John. Below is a picture of the finish buoy between the boats.You have to look right in front of the DR20 Cowl to see it. Dang DR20 came by me so hard I had to buy it! :thumbsup:

It was repainted after Kosh.
Here's the Dropbox Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zy4w4qxgf1qbxrc/CjGPN_xkT8?n=168096607

E-mail me at npkaye@cybercnc.com for a detailed listing of whats on the boat and price.

Nick Kaye
Cell: 414-248-2412

NPK2003
09-09-2013, 11:30 PM
Kim or Nick, could you send me some pics of a DR X? i raced ODBa in 2000-2001 and then work got in the way of play. Never did see that boat. Saw Lentzkow many times in the DR 20. That thing would hang that right sponson way up in the air.

d2hensley@bellsouth.net
Dave (I think);
Runs flat now, but just as hard or better. stiffer hull = Less twist = torque to water = control
Nick K

LongShot
09-11-2013, 06:22 AM
Always thought the DR20 looked like a race boat should look. My buddy down here called them Crawdads because the sponsons looked like pinchers. Would like to have Lentzkow's boat for my collection but out of room right now in the barn.

racerx
09-13-2013, 01:21 PM
That boat ran great Nick and that video was great...You going to Jasper??

NPK2003
09-14-2013, 06:26 PM
Jeff;
Yes. I'm not sure with what boat yet. I should have four powerheads ready to go by then. Your drag reworked and fresh nick'd from Ruck, Chuck Goodman worked ex-Eric Saloon motor with new sleeves, Mel Alexie's "Galen built" 260 renick'd and the Tommy Johnson Drag has been re-ported, etc and is being broken in on RR right now. Ran 10250 already with A63!?!? and 22 yami at 103 on the box. I have some offers on my Q-Shi,, so I put final rigging on hold. I am going to setup the DRX as an ultimate personal watercraft for a year and run it around Three Lakes for a while to get feel of boat and maybe what to change. RR is ready to go right now in mod vp or even pro-gas, but not the best hull for pro Gas with the DSRA/ODBA boyz.

As you know, Lori hates the DR20 and and just doesn't want me to drive it. I promised not to and to sell her (the DR, not Lori). I don't want it around Blarney to deal with next year. This sucks, as with two of the above powerheads, it can win a top place in ProGas, especially if the driver isn't 63 like me! There are a couple of interested parties, so maybe we can see her run. If you want to run it again, we can re-rig it in one day.

racerx
09-14-2013, 10:38 PM
I am gonna go if you got a killer ready to go power head I got the xr2002 ready to switch over for some class down there...let me know..

NPK2003
09-17-2013, 08:44 PM
I am gonna go if you got a killer ready to go power head I got the xr2002 ready to switch over for some class down there...let me know..

DR20 sold pending funds which I don't expect any problem with collecting.

The DR is going to a great home. Hopefully, we'll see her in action again at Jasper. So you want a "KILLER" huh? Killer is a "condition that saps one's pocketbook in a split second in this sport!" I might have a real "murderer" spare assembled if I can get certain parts back in time. I'll know by end of this week. What class you want to run?? Just call my cell anytime.
Quick Nick