PDA

View Full Version : Laser Bass Boat

cltch
06-06-2013, 02:10 PM
Can you tell I'm looking for a bass boat???

Unfortunately I don't have the funds for an allison or bullet, so I am searching for a quick and entertaining bass boat on this side of the world. I'm trying to work something on a 21 shadow tunnel, but there is also a laser v hull (its the smaller one) around. I know the bigger lasers run well but haven't found much on the smaller version.

Any suggestions for other boats to look out for?

Thanks,
Ross

tlwjkw
06-07-2013, 06:43 PM
16, 17 or 18?

cltch
06-07-2013, 10:31 PM
The one around here for sale I believe is the 17 something ft. But, if all goes well I'll have a 21ft Shadow Tunnel tomorrow. The laser was second on the list, just have to drive a lot farther for the Shadow.

billyblazer300hpdi
06-14-2013, 02:58 PM
I ran one back in the day, I would guess you will be hard pressed to find one that not rotted. I can't recall the last year they made them but its been a long time and they had wood in them like all boats back then. Mine was a 18 0r 19 ft and it would fly and took big water pretty good for a fast boat.

1FASTLASER
09-07-2013, 07:44 AM
Hmmmmm....my kinda guy....Did you get the Shadow? What do you want to know about the Lasers. I mean they where built and designed by one of the best out there...Roark Summerford.....and he did start the company we all know ...STV!!

cltch
09-26-2013, 02:14 PM
I bought the shadow and just sold it. Have some financial stuff going on so no fun projects right now. The laser I looked at is still around here, and for a decent price since the motor is on it. But, it needs a transom. I just don't think it will be around long enough for me to still end up with it since it will be at least a year before I can think about tinkering much.

My Laser project boat leaves on Saturday, looks like it will end up being used for ski racing.