PDA

View Full Version : Blower re-build

Burke Kilgour
12-31-2002, 07:37 PM
Anybody have a favorite place to get blower work done?
I want to change the finish of my blower to polished and get the blower freshened up.
It's a 6-71 GM blower.
I figured some of you guys are probably playing around with these things too, and I might be able to get an "in" somewhere that I haven't heard of.

Happy Holidays

Chummy
01-07-2003, 12:50 AM
Call up The Blower Shop, they do great work:D

Burke Kilgour
01-07-2003, 05:16 PM
Is that a smart-ass comment ? or is there a shop called "the blower shop"? :confused:

Raceman
01-07-2003, 06:33 PM
I think there really is a blower shop. BDS (blower drive service) also does good work, but I don't know to what extent they'll do stuff that they didn't sell.

Burke Kilgour
01-07-2003, 11:30 PM
Chummy, I did a search and there IS a place called "the blower shop"!!!!!!
It sounded too simple :rolleyes: D'OH!!!!!!!
Thanks man, looks like a good place !!!!!
I know of these ones......
-Blower Drive Service
-Hampton
-KUHL
-Supercharger USA
-Mooneyham (I think they're out of business ?)
-Dyers
These are all in California, I was hoping to find someone closer.........

Chummy
01-08-2003, 12:34 AM
Yeah man there is a place called The Blower Shop, Don't forget Littlefield Blowers. Littlefield makes great blowers, my buddy has two of them on his Fountain.

Capt.Insane-o
01-13-2003, 04:01 PM
Re-sealed and clearenced 2 12-71 last week for a freind with a fountain. I do about 15 a year, not really too much involved. If you send it to B.D.S. Send your checkbook too. As long as the case is still straight and nothing foreign went through it you can probably do it yourself. The pro-charges are leaps and bound ahead of the roots. They just don't heat up the air nearly as much, and are A LOT more compact. Parasitic losses are not even close. A pair of 572's with 12-71's superchillers and two 850's make for a pair of impressive looking motors though, at $30,000 a pop.

Burke Kilgour
01-13-2003, 06:32 PM
I want to get the inner bore and rotors hard anodized, the outside polished and teflon strips installed on the rotors.
I'm going to send it to Don Hampton, I talked to him today. I have his intake manifold and drive kit anyways.
I was just looking for something closer to me than California, or a good deal, possibly a connection to someone on S&F.
Cap'n, those are some serious blowers and motors!!!!!!!!
Of course, with that comes the big bucks $$$$$$$$$$$$
I'm just putting this on a lowly Mustang :rolleyes: .........and trying to support my REAL addiction at the same time, Screaming and Flying :D

Capt.Insane-o
01-13-2003, 10:44 PM
I think I've put about $150,000 worth of goodies in that boat in the past 2 years. Must be nice to have that kind of cash. Sure do like working on Fountains, nice nice boats.