PDA

View Full Version : RUMBLE ON THE RIVER AUGUST 10 -12 ON THE OHIO RIVER

Instigator
07-17-2001, 08:37 PM
We are having a Hi Performance Boating get together on the smooth waters of the Ohio River.
We are staying at the White Oak Marina and Campgrounds (937-375-5444), they have a beautiful facility with a four lane concrete ramp, 92 octane fuel (at the ramp!!), docks for the bigger boats, campgrounds with showers and electricity, a floating pub/resaurant and a beach on the water front of the river.
This stretch of the river is approx. 1 - 1 1/2 miles wide and has a straight shot of 5 or 6 miles.
White Oak is about 30 miles up river (North East)from Cincinatti and from what the locals tell me, that is where the local constable spends most of his time!!!
My plan is to be at White Oak by Friday morning to greet any early arrivals and then have everybody that is interested be ready to hit the water early Saturday and Sunday morning to enjoy the smooth water and what that brings to "well running" boats!!
We have confirmations of GPS's and Radar guns making the trip with their owners as well as plenty of props to try and this is the perfect place to test and get some good action shots.
I don't have anything fancy planned just some good old fashioned bench racing around the bon fire both nights, plenty of boating on smooth (fast) water and getting the chance to meet some of our long distance brothers that we only know over the internet or phone.
If anybody has any questions,concerns,comments, please don't hesitate to give me a call anytime!!
I look forward to seeing everyone there!!
Gary Williams (Instigator)Home 614-777-5885, cell/car 614-361-4156
Also, please check out the website (link below) dedicated to this event that my girlfriend Donna has donated a lot of her time to build for us and to help promote this event.
So far we have confirmations from as far away as Canada, Maryland and Florida.
There will also be plenty of us locals there to fly our colors.
Most of you know that I am quite the OMC fan, and I have arranged to have my local "Big Dog" make an apperance with his F-1 V-8 powered STV to prove that OMC built more than fissshhhhin moooohhhhtars.
In all seriousness this is a very early and very rare piece. From what I understand, this motor is an '83 (I think) with the also very early, very fragile cast aluminum housings!! Oh yeah, I have heard high 130's.
Also rumored to be at least one tripple Merc O/B cat that runs in the one teen range among plenty of I/O's that don't think much of us "clip ons"!!
Also have several local friends bringing down family style of boats so there should be aride for everybody.
Am also trying to convince a good friend to bring his Malibu Corvette tournament ski boat down to show how to do "bat turns" and put on some barefooting exhibitions.
You will be shocked what this guy acn do on his bare feet!!
Everybody is welcome and I will do anything in my power to help any and all of you make this an enjoyable weekend.
SEE YAH THERE!!
P.S. Check out the website regularly as Donna is changing the guest boats often.

http://www.rumbleontheriver.homestead.com/

Sleekster
07-25-2001, 08:36 PM
Bummed. I wanted to see his boat. Is it just me?

KaptainKirk
07-26-2001, 10:36 AM
Send me your e-mail address, and I will e-mail ya me boat in all its slllllllllllllloooooooOMC glory!!
HAHHAHHAHAHA
And to all I am leaving ILL. on the night of the the 8th hopefully around 6 or 7.
Anyone else heading east wanna tow together??
I will be pulling all night!
Only gonna stop for the lady's bathroom stops, and damn ifn theres not alot of those!!
I will be pullin out Sat. night ta head back for firewater.
Later....K.K.

[Edited by KaptainKirk on 07-30-2001 at 09:42 PM]