PDA

View Full Version : Vertglas Gel Coat Restoration Kit

Boo
12-30-2002, 10:07 AM
Happy Holidays! I was wondering if anyone has tried the Vertglas Gel Coat Restoration product? There are some positive testimonials on their website, but I'm looking for some real world experience with it. If anyone has used it, how does it work, time to complete, supplies needed etc. Also, if the product is more "gimmicky" than usefull, any suggestions on helping restore the luster to my oxidized gel coat? Thanks in advance for the help!

thumper
12-30-2002, 12:23 PM
Halveb tried it on a faded but not toast gelcoat and it turned out real yukky and he's one of those guys if the directions say cut your nose off before starting, he'll be one nose short :)

Barefoot Bob
12-30-2002, 01:19 PM
I figured this was what I was waiting for. I puchased a case about 5 years ago when the stuff came out. Used one for my self and sold 2 others to friends. Now I am two friends short:(

They trusted me because I only want the best for my stuff. But they did see I had the same problem. So they were not mad at me. I had the boat profesionaly cleared with gel cote and it looks like new now. My other buddy had his metal flake Baja like mine done in a body shop, with automotive clear, and it all lifted. So now he is going to the place that did mine and have it done right.

As far as the rest of my Vertglas Gel Coat Restoration Kits. I sold them on e-bay. I know the one guy that purchased two of them for his badly faded sail boat. He has used it before and loved it. He just didnt have enough to finish his big boat.:)