PDA

View Full Version : who wants to race??

BLACKBIRD
12-28-2002, 12:06 PM
are you up for it?
On March 15-16 2003 FORA and PTT are going to put on an OPC race on lake Stella in Crescent City Fl. We would like to have drags as well in this event.

I am posting this to find the interested party's for this event. Going through the normal channels that I know of for finding drag participants has so far come short.

I know that many of you involed in drag may not know of this event. Now you do and I hope that you will attend.

As far as what classes,, that will depend on response.

Please note that there is a mechnisim for a run- what- you- brung drag race and this wil also be entertained.

With PTT joining our efforts to put on a quality event in Crescent City this year. March 15-16 promises to be a lot of fun with great competition.

If you are interested in participating in any of the formats at this event please respond to this thread or email FORA_1@msn.com

Thanks

Jeff

omc-v4
12-28-2002, 04:10 PM
Any boats with car motors going to be there?

BLACKBIRD
12-28-2002, 05:27 PM
we have no plans at this event for inboard power but later in the year there could be

Skittles
01-04-2003, 11:46 AM
So there might be a run what u brung kinda class? That would be fun if enough boats show up. What is involved in signing up for such an event?

BLACKBIRD
01-04-2003, 01:35 PM
as far as safty gear,, you need a racing jacket, a helmet with a 1985 snell rating or better. A kill switch, foot throttle,or a throttle type that will bring the motor back to idle when released. you need to have proper steering for the application and no hazardous mounting of motor or accessories.

As far as classes go,,, that could take a bit of explanation. Your boat could possible fit into a class as it is. However at this event we are entertaining the formula class. this is a run-what-you-brung deal and could be quite fun. Not to mention that all those that have boats which will not conform to a current class can run and see where you stand anginst your friends.

Certainly if we have enough interest in any current class, we would want to run them as well.

I am looking at this to be a chance for a bunch of scream and flyers, to, as you say "put up or shut up" (for fun of course) and be a part of a good racing event.

More?? just ask

Jeff

Skittles
01-04-2003, 02:11 PM
Safety wise I think I would be just fine, as far as being competitive who cares as long as I get to race.:D I am trying to rally some interest from the locals over in my area theres about 12 of us or so. Who knows maybe I can get enough interest and put something together from my end. I will keep you posted and have a few questions I'm sure as I go, but it sounds like a blast. Thanks for the info. Jeff

BLACKBIRD
01-04-2003, 06:12 PM
look forward to helping!!:)

mr.clean
01-04-2003, 06:22 PM
how about some pics. of that bad boy.

BLACKBIRD
01-05-2003, 10:59 AM
want a ride? this worked well for promotions

BLACKBIRD
01-05-2003, 11:04 AM
at Kankakee 2002

BLACKBIRD
01-05-2003, 11:07 AM
waiting to rumble

mr.clean
01-05-2003, 04:09 PM
that thing is mean looking. i`ll be in fl. next week, if your serious i would love a ride. :D

BLACKBIRD
01-05-2003, 05:32 PM
Unfortunatly one of the other drivers decided that it would make a good jump ramp and broadsided me at better than 80mph. It is going into the shop in a couple of weeks to get put back together. then I hope that we can get you in a ride. Hell I'll let you take it for a few turns. It'll get ya hooked!!

mr.clean
01-05-2003, 06:21 PM
sounds good. i`d love to drive it. :D

Fl Boy in ILL
01-07-2003, 08:31 PM
Who wil decide the classes are and will they follow the current ODBA style classes? What will the entry fee be and do you have to join any other association?

Rick

BLACKBIRD
01-08-2003, 07:28 AM
We have come up with the following classes to run.
Formula class
Lake Racer
Mod Production

This was determind by those with the most interest to run at this event. This is an APBA event so yes you would have to be a member of APBA. Also you need be a member of (a) club. If you are not a member of any club (reconized by APBA) a membership to FORA will only be 20.00. The entry fees will be 145.00 for both days. we are currently working on prize money and hope to have some by the event dates. Last year it was decided by APBA to adopt the ODBA rules. They should match.

I hope that you can make it Rick, right now there is talk of some racers from NJ coming. I hope that ALL of you can make it. the more we have the more fun it will be.

Jeff

DynoDaryl
01-09-2003, 01:12 AM
Give me a call,have a few racers that would come to tune their skills so they would be ready for the ODBA season.Thanks Daryl,601-992-9686,601-853-1007.

FJELD
01-11-2003, 12:49 AM
If you get down to FL , I would love for you to drive my SS!!!! If you ask some of the S&Fers that have taken her for a ride I'm sure there's:) :) :) :D :D :D :) :)

Jeff ------------- Is there a SS Class for the 1/4

Mike Fjeld

Rocket
01-12-2003, 09:04 AM
Where Excatly is the race? What is it near?

I'm a little slow (from Texas ya'know) :confused:

BLACKBIRD
01-12-2003, 10:17 AM
we have reduced the calsses to just Formula. This will enable all that show up to run the chance to do so.

Yes Mike if you can get the rest of the SS's to join in we will have a Super Sport shoot out.

Rumor has it that some unlimited boys will be showing up to "test and tune" for the nationals in Eustis. Will the "big 8" be there??? This is a great oppertunity for them.

All you Scream & Flyers can show up and claim your "mac daddy " status. FUN is what it is all about.

Rocket ,,, Crescent City is about 20 miles south of Palatka on sr 17. Palatka is about 60 miles south of Jacksonville. I hope that you can make plans to come.