PDA

View Full Version : borum update

bulldogdaddy
12-22-2002, 05:48 PM
just a few pics of the bobcat. didn't have much time to do alot today but i need a tyvek suit!that foamglass sure does itch:mad: couldn't get a pic of it but here's some of the paint removal and other stuff i've been doing.

bulldogdaddy
12-22-2002, 05:51 PM
got all gauges and wiring stuff out,am mad because i broke the original rocker switch off,was corroded.here's some paint removing,gonna start to wetsand,there's alot of base primer and gel over the original paint and gel

delawarerick
12-22-2002, 05:52 PM
Looking good, gonna be heading to Fl when I get back Im off for another two weeks. We should try and get together. When I return a road trip to Baltimore or perhaps yall can come up here. Have a good holiday and I will email you when I get back. Have you gotten any thoughts on power? later Rick

bulldogdaddy
12-22-2002, 05:52 PM
now this is where a stereo was. it has 3/4 in. plywood behind it.does this look like alot of glass and gel in front of it?

bulldogdaddy
12-22-2002, 05:57 PM
told ya i was gonna head to the boat show!you going to be there sat. the 15th? barefoot bob has a 225 looper that has a fresh rebuild with 2 sets of gears. i'm going to get it in april.need a good parts and mechanic close by,i don't know crap about them:D have a great time in fl. get some pics and call me when ya get back 410-499-9505.bob

Barefoot Bob
12-22-2002, 09:41 PM
Wet sand? Man, I would find a DA sander and let her rip. Then you can get her smooth in a hurry. Lookin good though.;)

bulldogdaddy
12-31-2002, 07:31 PM
just started the wetsanding. looks like the parked it under a dock with rollers,look at the filler

bulldogdaddy
12-31-2002, 07:43 PM
if only the outside looked as bright as the flake under the gel!

Reese
12-31-2002, 08:28 PM
Wetsanding???

Barefoot said to use a DA sander, hell I’m still using in the belt sanding stage…haven’t got my project smooth enough to even think about a DA let a lone wet sanding.:D

Keep the updates coming…looks like primer is just around the corner.

bulldogdaddy
12-31-2002, 08:43 PM
and that is blocksanding,no da! want a nice smooth job for the house of kolors paint! it's going to take a while. hopefuly the weather cooperates! no glass work till it starts staying in the 55-60 degree range. this boat is really a labor of love. just wish i could find a few other owners to see their pics.all the work is being done on my memory:eek:

bulldogdaddy
03-12-2003, 07:28 PM
seeing we had so much snow,it's about time i've had a little time to do some stuff on it.heres the boat before

bulldogdaddy
03-12-2003, 07:29 PM
heres the before transom

bulldogdaddy
03-12-2003, 07:31 PM
another transom. notice the cracks at the sides

bulldogdaddy
03-12-2003, 07:35 PM
here's the splashwell cut out

bulldogdaddy
03-12-2003, 07:37 PM
port knee brace,or lack of one!

bulldogdaddy
03-12-2003, 07:39 PM
starboard side. now it is going to be the nicest weekend so far. so i should have the rest of the transom removed. gotta get busy!

Barefoot Bob
03-12-2003, 08:28 PM
Its suppose to be nice here this weekend also. They are saying 60 for a high...Yippy!!!!!

Maybe the ice will start to taugh, I hope so.

Hope the weather stays nice for you to make some progress on your boat:)

Travis Fulton
03-12-2003, 09:02 PM
70's here today!!!;) yippie! keep up the hard work bdd, it'll pay off in the end!! thoes pix keep me wanting to get back to my project but time is keeping me at bay as of now?:rolleyes: but soon !!!!:D

bulldogdaddy
03-14-2003, 04:02 AM
heres the jackplate

bulldogdaddy
03-14-2003, 04:03 AM
one more

Barefoot Bob
03-14-2003, 08:29 AM
How much are you asking for the plate? And how much setback?

Jason Huber
03-14-2003, 08:20 PM
Did you say youre' cookin' a deal for Bob's OMC motor? If you are coming up in April to get it would be cool to hook up...!! Maybe another ticket to the concert?? Bob?? :cool:

H2Onut
03-14-2003, 08:24 PM
Your making progress, Keep us update, you will have a jewel when its finished:cool:

DaNut

bulldogdaddy
03-14-2003, 08:26 PM
i promised the jackplate to alex d. just going to give it to him.all he has to do is pay for the shipping. just looking out for another boater! like they always say ,and i'm a believer in it. KARMA. and as far as getting up to bob's,i would really like to get up ther but i have my vacation time slotted with michelles b-day. if one of these damn airlines would cook up a deal i would fly up for the weekend,and bring the ms.bdd along. hell they'll fly you to fl for 150 round trip and its about 300 to go to new ulm!

Barefoot Bob
03-14-2003, 08:53 PM
ITS THE BIG PARTY TOWN;) :D :D

Jason Huber
03-14-2003, 08:57 PM
Have Barefoot fly you and the Wife up in his PRIVATE JET!!:eek: The one he pulls around behind that $50k, 500hp BIG dude -smoker of his!! :D :D Seriously - the boat's shaping up! What color(s) are you thinking?? :cool:

bulldogdaddy
03-14-2003, 10:54 PM
house of kolors blueberry pearl for where the gelcoat was,and prism flake blue with a black base fore the stripe

bulldogdaddy
03-14-2003, 10:55 PM
mom called me and found the bill of sale for the borum i had back in 1979.gotta love mom!

Barefoot Bob
03-14-2003, 11:02 PM
That color combo should be sweet

Jason Huber
03-15-2003, 09:10 AM
Prism flake is cool! :cool: Should really give the blue some serious JUMP :eek: when the light hits...:D

Jason Huber
03-15-2003, 09:14 AM
Thought I'd get a rise out-a-ya w/that private jet comment!:eek: :D (Everyone knows Bob lives like a ROCK-STAR!!)

Barefoot Bob
03-15-2003, 10:38 AM
I only wish. Beleive me, the bank owns every thing I have:(

Except for a bunch of my toys....Like the boat,SS,66 and a few other goodies:D :D :D

Reese
03-15-2003, 06:36 PM
This is what I think you should do: Close the splashwell, add a pad and then a sundeck lid with storage...But don't think I always say the same thing, sometimes I suggest adding a pad, then a sundeck and finally a closed splashwell...I don't like being predictable...:D :D :D

Seriously, nice to see you're back at it...

Forgot what you were planning on doing and what type of outboard are you using?

bulldogdaddy
03-15-2003, 06:53 PM
well your close but not going to cut the bottom for a pad. talked to the guy who built the boat back in 1978 and he said it will start to want to chine at 72 but he said you can drive through it till 76 and smooth sailing after that. yes splashwell is gone for good.gonna glass that area in,and it had a sunhatch already .gotta change the configure on it to lift toward the engine. as far as motors. got to get barefoot bobs 225 rude in mid april. the boat was only rated for 135 hp. i know why wait till you see the pics.i'll post them tomorrow.

bulldogdaddy
03-16-2003, 12:17 PM
after getting some of the transom out i realized that it does not go all the wat to the sides of the boat. would it be wise to extend the plwood to the side of the boat?

bulldogdaddy
03-16-2003, 12:17 PM
one more

Barefoot Bob
03-16-2003, 02:07 PM
if you are putting my motor on the boat. You better run that transom all the way across.

Unless you want that 225 Rude on the bottom of the lake. There is alot of torc there;)

bulldogdaddy
03-16-2003, 03:58 PM
this look familiar? this is where the gas tanks sit on.

bulldogdaddy
03-16-2003, 03:59 PM
better example

Barefoot Bob
03-16-2003, 04:03 PM
That looks just like all that wet foam I took out of my boat.

Looks like its in about the same place also.

Jason Huber
03-16-2003, 05:14 PM
BBD - Overbuild it, that way you never have to worry about goin' back for the motor!!...:eek: :D

bulldogdaddy
03-16-2003, 06:18 PM
your absoulutly correct!probably why i'm gonna go ahead and cut the floor out to while i'm at it.sould be ready for some glassing next weekend.

Reese
03-16-2003, 10:04 PM
Just a couple of thoughts…

If the borum chined with a lighter less powerful engine it’s going to be much worse with a heavier more powerful engine.

Bob’s 225 rude is really gonna make that boat sing but I would seriously consider putting some thought on the bottom, more specifically the pad. Your are already putting a lot of work on that transom and I’m sure you’re adding a couple of knee braces…go ahead and spend a couple of weekends designing and adding a flat pad…you will not be sorry!

Enough preaching…good job and good luck with whatever you decide.

lqdegl1
03-17-2003, 09:33 PM
looks like you are zinging right along. that bourm looks alot like my old marlin consider a pad we want you around for a long time :D have you priced that paint OH MY GOD. it is going to be a lulu when you get it done . looking foreward to meeting you when i get up there later sean :cool:

B.Mac
03-21-2003, 08:01 AM
Looks like 'yer gettin' after it!!! Oh yea, you're definately gonna want to go beam to beam with 'yer transom......Take 'yer time and overbuild it.......it's worth it when your done to know ya got a ten year transom......Lookin good!!
B.MAC:D

sho305
03-22-2003, 12:00 PM
IHMO, I would make sure you have mininum one 3/4 ply to the sides, but if you put big knees in there and good stingers I would not bother with more outside the knees. Guess is depends on the knee/stinger system you plan on fitting in there.

I would do something with the bottom too, it will go faster;) and from what I have learned, you only need to add some bigger flat strakes around an inch above the vee to make it work good. One of my pad threads has pics in it from people, and you just leave the center of your vee showing, and all you do is add the strake-like pad surfaces to it w/out cutting & chopping your hull. Tony Brucato has really beefed his nice yellow hull like this with quite large pad areas. Larger=faster=harder ride. Depending on where you are going to run of course.

Up to you, I just know that if I do one the last thing I want is a handling or hull problem when I get it all done and pretty with that big mota' on there:D Want to flip it on the old finish only!

bulldogdaddy
03-23-2003, 06:57 PM
so i can add stakes without cutting the hull? they do not extend all the way to the transom due to the hull was designed for jet use. would like to find out more about it.plus had to work in richmond va. all f-in weekend and still haven't got the templates cut for the wood:mad: am going with 2 layers of 3/4 acros the back,with 2 more layers from stringer to stringer,plus was thinking about 3 knee braces.:D

sho305
03-24-2003, 01:20 PM
Here is one: http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27297&highlight=pad

And a serch for more: http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=195361&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

I think the idea is that if you put a flat pad on the vee, it will be too tall and hard to balance. So, leaving the point protruding is ok I guess; to lower your "pad" surface in respect to the height of the hull on plane. Maybe would be ok to go flat if you had a shallow vee to start with? Also, get on HSR and check out the pics of bottoms of 'Streams on there while being redone, or check out other hulls like yours that are newer and see what could be adopted. Most told me about 8" wide and 6' long is a normal pad size for a flat pad. They said leaving a slight vee(when adding a pad)) in the center will not make much difference, and it is not worth chopping into the existing hull and compromising the structure. This may ensure a better stream of water for the LU also.

As far as the strakes ending before the transom, the first thing is to fill them in to the transom for more lift to the hull. Then you offset the stern lift with setback if needed. Of course, you may as well do more while you are there. Also note some guys just flip the hull, level it, and pour/glass the pad or strakes in using gravity to get it flat. You only have to make some kind of dam this way. Others use foam or wood so it is lighter. I see many hulls with a slight vee in the pad, but most say that is slower....though it may ride better or make cleaner water? Check out the pics of Sharkeys little 13' Bullet jumping for one of those types.

The transom you describe sounds great. I just question using way more wood than stock when you are going to add knees...mostly when I see a race boat that has the motor mostly mounted on knees and little transom otherwise. Not that it hurts any though:) And a larger pleasure hull will have more side loads/weight than a race hull I agree. Mine has no knees and is rated for a 150hp, so I figure the stock transom is good when fixed and new, and the big knees/stringers(and between the knees) structure I add will handle the extra motor loads. I may add a little to the stock transom though just for insurance, but maybe 50% maximum. Imho.

You have to figure what water you will run. A flat pad is fastest but rides poorer. The more flat surface the better it will get up on it, yet a real big pad will contact too much water at high speeds. There is lots of info in the pad related posts.

Reese
03-24-2003, 04:41 PM
will be as much if not more work then adding a pad and it will not be anywhere as efficient.

Adding a couple of strakes to a v-bottom will help somewhat but it's really a band-aide design...a compromise. Mostly from manufacturers to control rough water handling and top speed.

You want the fastest possible bottom use a flat pad...anything less will always be slower. Good luck with whatever you decide.

bulldogdaddy
03-28-2003, 07:19 AM
heres a few of some elbow grease work

bulldogdaddy
03-28-2003, 07:21 AM
another,this one still needs the work done,but both tanks looked the same

bulldogdaddy
03-28-2003, 07:21 AM
one done!

bulldogdaddy
03-28-2003, 07:23 AM
you can still see pits in it so i'm considering powder coating them. and does anyone know where i can get replacement gauge sends at

Barefoot Bob
03-28-2003, 08:36 AM
You can get them in overtons and bass pro. Or I am sure just about anywhere then. I saw them in there;)

bulldogdaddy
03-30-2003, 01:33 PM
even though it's a squirter,it looks sweet. plus he got it from an 59 yr old man 10 yrs ago. all original

Barefoot Bob
03-30-2003, 01:42 PM
Looks like a big squirt gun:D

I missed you call this morning when I was working out:(

bulldogdaddy
04-13-2003, 11:56 AM
more wetsanding

Barefoot Bob
04-13-2003, 02:01 PM
That flake lay out looks sweet. Just leave the boat like that and through the old rude on it. You'll be ready to go in no time:D

bulldogdaddy
05-25-2003, 07:21 AM
i go and get all the glass resin and all the misc. stuff. after working 2 weeks of double shifts, we have rain and 100% humidity:mad: sometimes i think the big guy upstairs doesn't want me to have any fun! well get to read alot of the west marine book. p.s. you should have seen the guys face at west marine when i showed him what i was putting on the 18 ft boat! musta been a sailboater:D also to all the guys who build boats on s&f,i have the most respect for you all! for the time and material it cost now i see why boats cost so much. i'm sure there is a more profitable business that you all could make more money in! hats off to you all!!!!

Barefoot Bob
05-25-2003, 08:26 AM
The big guy upstairs works with me most of the time. Have you gone to church lately?????:)

I will get the big Rude to Minneapolis this Saturday so the truck can get her over to ya. Your gonna love the sound of it:D :D :D

bulldogdaddy
05-25-2003, 08:35 AM
send me an airchair with it!i'll strap it on my back:D plus i thought you said prayers for me,guess i need to do a reality check

Barefoot Bob
05-25-2003, 10:44 AM
You would really have to build up a transom to handle the monster Rude;) :D

bulldogdaddy
11-02-2003, 12:10 PM
found this for $700,couldn't pass it up

bulldogdaddy
11-02-2003, 12:12 PM
notice the alarm system,lol. hey bfb called this morning to say it was sunny and 75! did ya get any snow,lol

Barefoot Bob
11-02-2003, 01:18 PM
Ya, Connie said you called, I was working out. No snow here and the sun sure feels good. Putting the camper in storage today but thinkin of taking a spin in the boat

bulldogdaddy
11-02-2003, 01:44 PM
will call after the game

Barefoot Bob
11-02-2003, 03:12 PM
Vikings/Packers???? Brad just took off for Minneapolis to see it live

bulldogdaddy
11-02-2003, 04:20 PM
lmao,ravens,and also tampa bay.atleast the ravens won

sho305
11-03-2003, 01:42 AM
It was about 60 fri and I dropped the boat in and ran the remaining half tank out mostly wot in my slow little boat. Sure felt nice though...gonna miss that. Goes inside next weekend and I am thinking it will not be nice enough to mix up more fuel. Got about 2mph more in cool temps for a whole blistering 47...had to pull some weeds off the speedo and it was cold down there:)

bulldogdaddy
11-03-2003, 03:38 AM
hey,at least you were out!how ya been sho?

sho305
11-03-2003, 11:25 AM
Hey BDD, busy but feels like I'm getting nothing done:eek Now we had this stupid stone-age time change so it is dark at dinner time too:( I guess I got all winter to get back up to speed on projects...

I had the whole lake to myself:D I bet some people got some laughs out of that. I was in such a hurry I forgot the plug too...seems my bilge works good on auto, doh. "Why is that thing running??". Now I know why I piped the bilge hose to squirt next to the motor so I'd see it. Speaking of that, do any of you guys use those scupper things on your plug?

I need to stop messing with stuff; now I made a secondary heat exchanger for my oil funace out back I have to install...then I can finish organizing so I can work on something in there this winter in comfort. IE: not freezing myself:)

Boz
11-28-2003, 05:42 PM
Where is this project at?

bulldogdaddy
11-28-2003, 08:01 PM
got the first layer of wood and glass in the transom,now the cold is here. but got a 12,00 sq. ft. heated garage to finish in jan. thanks to a great boss. got to get all the material together to move to the new shop so i'm doing a trade,work for the space till it's leased out. not too bad of a deal.will post some pics of the new shop,it's huge:D

bulldogdaddy
04-14-2004, 01:00 PM
ok,it's been a while since i've done a damn thing to even post about this,BUT it's time to roll.
just piced up my house of kolors paint,and all i can say is if the paint looks as good as the flakes in the jar it sould be awesome
also ordered all the neccesary hardware from rickracer,i'm sure i forgot something;
seastar pro
dietwiler hydraulic jackplate
billet batery box
2 fuelfill fliptops
electric hatch mechanism
billet shifter
billet ski tow
grant wheel and hub
6switch panel switch
hinges for hatch
all other original blower exhaust scoops,gas tanks and cleats go out to bzmarine to get powdercoated next week,just waiting to get my backing plates of aluiminum cut so they can go out to get coated too.
supposed to be 70's here this weekend,about damn time
hope everyone's projects are going smoothly also
pics will follow this weekend

bulldogdaddy
04-14-2004, 01:01 PM
oh ya,my company is still moving out of the warehouse i was hoping to use!
can you say contractor delays:eek:

Barefoot Bob
04-14-2004, 02:05 PM
Your on a roll:D

bulldogdaddy
04-15-2004, 09:26 PM
this stuff looks better in person

Barefoot Bob
04-15-2004, 09:38 PM
I like that:)

quickonstep
04-16-2004, 02:45 AM
rock on bob! good to see ya gettin it together..

Picked up the motor for mine the other night, gonna prolly get it all snug today, gotta pick up this stuff and its in the water

Fuel tank
Battery
Bilge plug

See ya on the water bob!

Jesse

delawarerick
04-16-2004, 05:59 AM
Ok BD lets rock. The sun is coming out and the water is calling. I have the guest room equipped ie small refridge pack with malted beverages lets go. Rick:D

1BadAction
04-16-2004, 06:45 AM
BDD- can you let me know how that flake shoots? i have the same can of mini flake, and it would be cool to know if its hard to shoot. i plan on putting some blue metalflake flames on top of my silver l/u.

jim

bulldogdaddy
04-16-2004, 04:02 PM
don't worry,as soon as i get back from vegas(june,9.10.11.12)i'll plan on comming over at the end of june,plus with a guest room and save money from not paying the outrageous hotel bills,we"ll have plenty to drink:D
1badstream;that is the largeflake so if it sprays good i'll let you know,plus have a guy that is going to spray it that does custom bikes:D it's an expensive paint and i don't want an expensive lesson,lol.all i can say is it looks better in person than in the pic,plus it WILLbe at the rumble

delawarerick
04-16-2004, 04:10 PM
Bob did you know at the end of June they will be running the old wooden hydros in Sharpstown or Denton and I know of 2 members racing F runabouts. We can pull the baja down and spectate. Im so dam old I remember when as a kid these were the only boats they raced. :eek: Rick

1BadAction
04-16-2004, 07:19 PM
yeah, i know about cost. that stuff is $46 a can down here

bulldogdaddy
04-16-2004, 07:36 PM
rick,sounds like fun!
1badstream,i got it alot cheaper than that if ya want you can send me you e-mail and i'll give you my prices,don't know what shipping hazmats cost thogh!

bulldogdaddy
04-25-2004, 12:37 PM
got the transom wood in today

bulldogdaddy
04-25-2004, 12:38 PM
one more

Boz
04-25-2004, 03:41 PM
You gonna run cloth right across from side to side?

bulldogdaddy
04-25-2004, 04:29 PM
after i put some more mat on the wood,ran out of resin:mad:
plus i have to do the punch list at that f-in airport tonight!
do you think it's best to wait to do the cloth after the floor and kneebraces are in?

Barefoot Bob
04-25-2004, 06:08 PM
Thats all the deeper your transon is??? You best fill the bow with lead shot to keep her level with that big Rude on the back

Boz
04-25-2004, 09:15 PM
I would cloth now while you can glass into the bottom etc. You could also run a layer of cloth afterwards as well to tie it in?

Why mat? You get your strength from the cloth; mat is more of an adhesive than it is a strengthening agent.

bulldogdaddy
05-02-2004, 07:01 PM
boz;i've read on many post and articles that you should not use mat directly to wood,that you use the mat,then the cloth.
also i need some suggestions on bulkhead issues,
someone had cut out the bulkhead that caused all the stress cracks in the deck,now when i install a new one i was wondering about going along the stinger about 30 inches all the way up to the deck.
now the question is should there be some flex in the deck to help absorb some shock from waves so i woulden't be able to use a bulkhead like this?
also got the floors in just need the kneebraces and close the splashwell.
plus the painter was out sat. and were planning on taking i to the shopon the 14th

bulldogdaddy
05-14-2004, 03:59 PM
where can i get a new brass drain plug kit for this now? west marine.?

sho305
05-14-2004, 10:25 PM
You mean the screw in one? They are available all over here. I used one in the bayliner and thought it was better than the tube as you can glass the hole good before you seal it in there. Used a 1" wood drill and wobbled it out a lot then fit the thing into the glass. I fact I put cloth in it, then I wet out paper with the epoxy and rolled it, to make a nice tube shape inside the cloth(to form it smooth while wet so dirt didn't stick in it). I use a rubber plug anyway with it though. Thinking about one of those scupper things for it, as I only run it on my lake anyway.

bulldogdaddy
05-23-2004, 06:32 PM
some more work

bulldogdaddy
05-23-2004, 06:33 PM
think the knees are big enough?

bulldogdaddy
05-23-2004, 06:35 PM
1 more

bulldogdaddy
05-23-2004, 06:37 PM
here is a template of what my backing plate will look like. it will be 1/4 in. aluminum powdercoated. was cut with a computerizes plasma cutter. have to trim the bottom corners due to it blocking the drain plug:eek:

Barefoot Bob
05-23-2004, 07:43 PM
Did you try to cal me again? Jeff said some guy named Bob that has an Allison called. I dont know a guy named Bob with an Allison...LOL

bulldogdaddy
05-23-2004, 07:57 PM
yea,whats up with jeff,lol. you home now?

stylishskier
05-23-2004, 11:32 PM
That transom is huge and those knees look very solid. I would say you could hang a few engines off that and be safe :D
looks good man

-Duane

quickonstep
05-23-2004, 11:35 PM
bob, i still think you should put that splashwell in there... first time you have to stop quick and get a whole ****load of backwash come up in the boat, youll be tearing it out and putting one in... just save yourself the trouble heheheheheheh

Just razzin ya man

Jesse

sho305
05-24-2004, 08:09 AM
That plate is cool:cool: Looks nice BDD!!! I'm stuck in Monsoon season here and it has slowed me way down on everything.

Hasn't anyone tried a dam on the back?

bulldogdaddy
08-17-2004, 05:06 AM
just got my stuff back from brian and looks great!in the pics it looks like a bright blue because of the flas,but it's actually darker.tanks look great from what i can see of them.
there still at the shop and didn't want to pull them out of the crate.
heres the backing plate for the hyd,jackplate

bulldogdaddy
08-17-2004, 05:08 AM
this plates going under the hatch

bulldogdaddy
08-17-2004, 05:09 AM
brian did a great job on the tanks,remeber what they looked like,lmao:eek:

bulldogdaddy
08-17-2004, 05:10 AM
one of the blower intakes

bulldogdaddy
08-17-2004, 05:11 AM
fuel fill

bulldogdaddy
08-17-2004, 05:11 AM
as soon as i get some zzz's and wake back up i'll get some pics of the missing splashwell

Barefoot Bob
08-17-2004, 08:14 AM
I was wondering if you were getting that baby in the water soon.

I tried to call you but the number I have is no good

bulldogdaddy
08-17-2004, 08:43 AM
hey bob,trying these out fri. with quickonstep.said he'd throw on his 19in prop to pull my big ass out the water

bulldogdaddy
08-17-2004, 08:44 AM
i more coat of filler to go

bulldogdaddy
08-17-2004, 08:45 AM
just some cleaning up on the inside

bulldogdaddy
08-17-2004, 08:48 AM
here's the underside of the plate i used to close the splashwell,2 layers of cloth under,3 layers of roven on the top

bulldogdaddy
08-17-2004, 08:49 AM
almost ready for the new gauge layout

sho305
08-20-2004, 10:38 PM
Hmmm, you are getting there:) Wish mine was doing more than holding the trailer down. Worked another week out of town...some areas here have a frost warning tonight??? Can you believe it on Aug 20! That thing is going to look amazing when the color is put to it!!

bulldogdaddy
08-20-2004, 10:44 PM
man you don't know how long and painstakin it has been!like i said,a whole bunch of respect for boat builders!
now the worst part went out on jesse's hydro,you think the bug is bittin me bad now,lol

FLIPPED
08-27-2004, 11:22 AM
How long have you been working on that boat?
I bet you can't wait to get it done:D

bulldogdaddy
06-26-2006, 09:35 PM
well finally got the motor on the boat for a test run to see if there will be any more cracks in the boat before paint. trial run this weekend.

Barefoot Bob
06-26-2006, 10:19 PM
That motor looks way to big for that boat, I want to buy it back. I know a Baja that really misses it.

delawarerick
06-27-2006, 10:41 AM
:D what up about time we see that boat in the water. Still trying to relocate gonna be on the other coast. Good luck with the boat I like the fact its not the everyday model and brand:eek: Rick

1BadAction
06-27-2006, 08:30 PM
AWESOME! you going to run it saturday? I'll give you a call tomm evening, didnt get your message till a few mins ago.

bulldogdaddy
06-27-2006, 09:22 PM
ya jim,ken cook and john(don't remeber his last name his last name) came over and hooked up the sea star cylinder,damn fast at that too,some big skeeters were nailin us:eek:

bulldogdaddy
06-01-2007, 07:29 PM
here's a vid of 2 test runs

bulldogdaddy
01-14-2008, 03:54 AM
only 2 guys to do this and no time to take pics

bulldogdaddy
01-14-2008, 03:55 AM
made this bracket to do it

lqdegl1
01-29-2008, 01:49 PM
1 st post 12-22-2002 well it looks good but im going to have to come down there and paint it.so you can get out there and have some fun bud:D

bulldogdaddy
02-02-2008, 08:58 AM
at least i didn't get 12 in. of snow:D
helped john put his new motor on th table last night,before the bacardi set in:D

WSJR1
05-24-2009, 10:00 PM
Any updates?

bulldogdaddy
08-18-2010, 07:39 AM
214471214472214473ok anybody that's kept up with me by phone or e-mails knows i was in a accident 2 yrs ago and between the workmans comp bs,and lack of funds,it's been a pretty hectec job looking at this,seeing everyone else in the water,and just plain boredom.but here's a bunch of pics of what's been going on. without the help of andy frost(frostman) to help with the motor(this was told by me by a good,lol,friend,that it was a 20 min fix on the motor,yea right,i would probably be burning the thing by now.but patience and determination has helped.alot of thanks to the few that has helped me keep sane through the bad times.

bulldogdaddy
08-18-2010, 07:41 AM

bulldogdaddy
08-18-2010, 07:45 AM

hemi2005
08-18-2010, 10:49 PM
The glasswork is looking good, but I thought that you would have finished this boat a long time ago. :D :thumbsup:

bulldogdaddy
08-20-2010, 08:33 PM
yea hemi me too but things happen and at least i didn't sell it when thigs got bad.will be workikng on the top deck area tomorrow after the dr's office reaming! then putting the heads and intakes and checking the carbs cuz i'm sure they'll gonna have to be gone over from sitting so long

hemi2005
08-20-2010, 09:04 PM
Good deal. Let us know how it's going and don't forget the pics. You know how we love to see the progress. :thumbsup: