PDA

View Full Version : I you hit the lotto, what would you do?

Doubledog
12-22-2002, 11:54 AM
Petra and I were talking about that the other day. Now, don't give me no lip about priorities and such,:D cause this was thought of before meeting the joy of my life alright?

Okay, let the fun begin. Sayingying it was a 3+ million jackpot, I'd have to take it in installments. Give me the full load and it'd be burnt at once.:eek:

1st--- is to buy a tow vehicle. Don't care much for cars and trucks being since I was a salseman for a long time, so I'd have to go by to get me a new FourRunner & FAST cause I'm burning to the nearest Ally dealer... By the way, were is the nearest one to Pensacola? LOL

2nd--- I'd swing by the boat shop and pick me up a new Allison XB 2003 with a 175 or possibly a 200. (can always upgrade later):)

3rd---- Boat shop again, I'd hit the dealer that sells offshore fishing rigs, and pick up something around 25' with outboards. Yeah, may even go with the new four strokes (need to save money on gas):rolleyes:

4th--- On to the bike shop. I want a harley FXDX, a road king and a Honda VFR interceptor, (hopefully I can find a new '2000 model before they changed them up to look like heck)

5th--- House! Got to have a house. Not the ritz, just a nice place 2000 sqft with a nice garage for my junk.
All of this would enclude the extras to maintain the toys ie, tools, etc.

Oh yeah, investments, blah, blah, blah. But the first things I would want for at least till I got tired of playing (give me a month alright).

Medicine has my butt kicked from being sick, but maybe some of you will enjoy the blabber.

Mutt

ImbadBob
12-22-2002, 12:42 PM
My 5 buck investment on the 215 million powerball game was aflop. I never gave much tought to a lotto of less than 150 million. Because I want to buy my own country, someplace it never gets cold. It doesn't have to be huge just mine" Bobland". somebody already named aplace after my mom "Mary". Bobland will be open to boating types, All food will be grown on a neighboring island, freindKen's boy Jamesbob shall manage the swine farm. It will have an airport for the 40's vintage fighter I will buy. Several differant Boats a few Allisons and a couple of STV's any outboard other than a merc, shall covered with a large sack before entering coastal waters. The only real rules are, be nice, and clean up your own mess. There will be a public election once a year the winner shall be bound and placed in a giant slingshot made from palm trees and flipped out to sea. [ don't care for politics, too much b.s.] The only thing I haven't figgured out for sure is how to keep the beach from gettig too hot. Water misters maybe. But when you get that Allison just go ahead and put a 300 drag on it, save you all sorts of time hot rodding what ever else you buy. Oh yeah when I go to Bobland I don"t wanna work no more ! So there is my dream. Hope you fell better soon. Thanks for joinin' the service to keep us old farts safe. Happy holidays and freuen sie sich uber das leben. Bob

Doubledog
12-22-2002, 02:27 PM
How do you get a citizenship to Bobland? Sounds like I might need to apply for a visa early.:D

eautosales
12-22-2002, 03:04 PM
hmmm day 1 with 1500 mil
the biggest & baddest scarab
a new hydro stream merc powered
a cessna 182
a viper
a new vette
a new peterbuilt tow rig:D
lake ft house in havasu
ocean frt house in fla
humm vee
a few mail order women:D
top fuel dragster
& a chevy franchise
day 2
play with new toys & think about what i am buying on day 3

ImbadBob
12-22-2002, 03:21 PM
D.Dog I've spent a lot of time and budweiser planning Bobland. That's only the begining ! I could type pages about it. As to your question you ask you're in. Just started a 12 oz. planning sesion. Cleatus and a couple of others are stopping by to pass the afternoon. later Bob

Travis Fulton
12-22-2002, 08:41 PM
we can only dream but isint it fun!!!!!!!:D

Danny McManus
12-22-2002, 09:57 PM
Great thread Double-Dog !!!

I'd proceed with my dream of building a power-boat racing arena,complete with sky-boxes,infield island (with access via a clear lexan tunnel big enough for the 18 wheeler transporters) locate this thing in a remote,central U.S. area that would WELCOME the revenue instead of legislate us into the poor-house.
( Imbadbobs island may want us there ) hehehe.

this would take much more than the initial 3+ million lotto amount but not having to work my day job would allow me the time necessary to line up the investors and permitting folks. Who knows, maybe we could get a government grant if we arranged to study the effects of powerboats on water quality... no worries that it would backfire on us as Mercury marine did a test on the water in Lake-X years ago and found that the lake water's quality IMPROVED with the constant use of the lake by their test boats...
BTW thanks Double-Dog for serving our great country, all the best wishes from an old veteran...

Happy Holidays!!!

Techno
12-22-2002, 11:14 PM
If I hit a lotto- I would skin it, butcher it, cook it like any other road kill.
Haven't seen any of them lottos around here though, what do they look like? They run in herds of millions!?

Doubledog
12-23-2002, 02:44 AM
Danny, seems like my investor may need to talk to you. (serriously). I like the plans you're putting together and sitting here its not difficult to visualize the layout. Fabulous!

Yesterday I thinking about what'd be the first few things I'd do after they (state lotto dept.) put the first installment in my hands. Those named above are the ones that came to my mind first.

Things change, but not much. Now, I'd break off half and give it to Petra, so she can do her thing and I can do mine--- maybe taking a break around noon to meet and eat lunch.:) And compare what we bought. I can see myself now. Buy a new car or something and throw the operators manual out the window...... who needs it!

Travis, that's how I was wanting to sign this thing but forgot.

:) :)SO MUCH FUN TO DREAM:) :)

ImbadBob
12-23-2002, 09:42 AM
Yeah man Bobland is up for boat racing. As for the folks that rain on your racing fun, use my political slingshot and teach them to be pearl divers. yesterdays session, How long would it take to get an Allison v1710 under the hood of a viper ? The emmission regulation is on the mouths of polititions. Back to the slingshot. Dreaming helps keep the mind healthy. Bob

Doubledog
12-23-2002, 11:54 AM
You ain't lying.

Political slingshot.....:D

Scott
12-23-2002, 01:40 PM
I would move to Bobland!

Rickracer
12-23-2002, 01:44 PM
...but wouldn't that be water polution???:D :D :D Maybe a big cannon, with a personnel enclosure for the projectile that self destructs after a few miles of trajectory. :D :D :D :D

My first order of business would be to buy a house, on the water, probably a river, with about 2500 to 3500 SF of living space, and at least 10000 SF of garage space on the property. Then I would commence to selectively assembling my TOY collection. One would be a Manta with a NASTY smallblock Chevy in it. Can you say aluminum block, 2300lbs., 500++hp???? Now that's a toy!!!!:cool:

ImbadBob
12-23-2002, 03:34 PM
Polution ? Naw the sharks will get them, anthing left over is for the crabs. Looks like I better get a great big island, lotsa room for lotsa fun . Later bob

Doubledog
12-23-2002, 04:01 PM
Bob & Danny

You need to get together on this country. Let the meeting of the minds begin.

Imagine if you will that the minds of the boating community and the ones for the better of the soon to be new world are sitting at a round table and discussing the layout

Bob, take a knee. You are here by knighted as the Mr Spock of Bobland

Danny, take a knee. You are here by knighted as Race Track Master Do What You Want, Just Do It Well.

eatuosales~~, You are the commisioner of purchases.

Double~~ (ha, thats me!), I'm just happy to have my Visa!

BathTubBabe
12-23-2002, 04:52 PM
If I were to win the lottery :D

1). I would buy a house with land for horses, on the water would be nice, good size home but not to large with a swimming pool, library, computer room, a small garden, a juzzie, and a workshop for Rick.

2). I would open up a trust/collage fund for my daughter and her future family. I would set it up so that she could only get so much every few years for the rest of her life. So she don't blow it on nothing, and for each of my future grand kids as well.

3). I would go to all the place I have always wanted to see, maybe plan a three week trip twice a year. (Germany, England, etc. and see more of the states)

4). I would go on a shopping spree, I have always wanted to do that. Shop till I drop, Clothes, furnture, Jewerly, Play toys, Whatever take my fancy.

5). I would probably gave some of it away to people I know that are fighting everyday to do what is right for themself and their family. You know, make wishes come true. Sappy butttt
:rolleyes:

6) It would just be nice not to worry where the next dollar is coming from or who it has to go too.

Riverratt
12-23-2002, 08:39 PM
I would buy the rights to mercury and paint them all white and convert all of you over to the brighter side! :D :D :D

FCnLa
12-23-2002, 08:44 PM
Well, odds are youi are more likely to get struck by lighting.:eek:

I don't know, but if I won, I bet you could not find me for several months.....if not longer!!!!!!:eek:

aircraftman
12-24-2002, 02:26 PM
I would buy tons of acerage somewhere and build my owh high perf compound. with everything under the sun. Spend all of my time building motors and boats and whatever!

Definately wouldnt work anymore.

you are all welcome to use the tooling if you can pass the idiot test. Ill let you know after i win the 300 MIL.

Balzy
12-25-2002, 01:47 AM
I Just bought 10 tickets to split with a good buddy and if we win I will take some my half and buy Scream and Fly from Greg !!!!!!!!!!!! This damn place is worth more than money could buy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What ya all think of that ?????????

Doubledog
12-25-2002, 04:06 AM
Thats where some of the investments would come in. Per Say that it would go that way.:) Not exactly wanting to make an outright purchase, but investment, I could see.

ImbadBob
12-25-2002, 09:25 AM
made my 10 buck investment yesterday, chance at 280 million. Come on Bobland ! Merry Christmas Bob

rob vaughn
12-25-2002, 02:46 PM
PARTY,PARTY, and then PARTY and then after that, PARTY

sho305
12-26-2002, 10:01 AM
WOW, they say the winner of that one will get 111 million in cash after taxes!!! Then they said they did not have the money!!! Gee, who sold the tickets?:eek:

airide18
12-26-2002, 02:03 PM
Id love to have that kind of cash!!!!I could really by some nice rides with that.:D

ImbadBob
12-26-2002, 03:48 PM
Looks like someone in west virginia hit it. no Bobland this time. of course we could plan it out for them for say 10% ? 11.1 million ought to make for one serious hot boat gathering. Don't forget how to dream, It'll grow huge again sometime. Bob

airide18
12-26-2002, 08:27 PM
Man i wish i wwould have been me!!!!:D

AlexD
12-30-2002, 09:15 PM
If you win the next lottery and make bobland can i be the political slingshot operator??

ImbadBob
12-31-2002, 08:37 AM
Alex, sticking to code of Bobland [ being nice] everybody should get a turn. Maybe if we invite lawyers to Bobland for a "free" vacation, we could use the slingshot more and evev build that cannon. Is there any kind of a bounty on a lawyer? Or is the reward just knowing you did something for the good of the world in general? Later Bob

Greg Moss
01-02-2003, 08:32 PM
I would buy me a Carver 55 ft and be on cruise for awhile. If you won any kind of money you would have to hide. Every dead beat or charity is going to hound the hell out of you looking for a hand out. Think of all the things you could find to spend it on as you travel the Carribean in your own private cruise ship:D I spend my money on tickets all the time, what the hell if you don't play you never stand a chance to win. I may never win But watch out if I do after the cruising get old I could see a 26 DCB Mach with triple 300X's at the rumble:D

VectorPat
01-02-2003, 08:53 PM
First thing would be to tell my boss to KISS MY F#$%@^& ASS!!!

airide18
01-02-2003, 08:55 PM
Thats what i would say to school if i had that kind of money..:D

silly
01-03-2003, 07:33 PM
I would buy the rights to Allison Boats:D Woodco and I could live comfortably just on that!!!!!!!!!!!:cool: Also I would give My sisters and parents money to do whatever with....I would then take money so that my boys colleges(wherever they wanted to go)would be piad in full;) Couple of houses would be good too:p

Investing:eek: I don't know the stock market hasn't been doing to well:rolleyes: