PDA

View Full Version : dumb ass with a computer

tluckam
12-22-2002, 12:22 AM
I cant edit my file,I was born april the 13 1962 damit ! It was even on a friday:mad: This is my first computer and its pissing me off, I feal like a dumb ass trying to figure it out! I also have realized i cant spell worth ****, and i have a dictionary in my lap .i cant wait to be able to post some pictures from this summer ,me and my friends have some nice boats,winter is just too long:(

Scott
12-22-2002, 09:51 AM
Fear Not our ROM deprived member! As soon as you figure it out, you'll load new software or get a new CPU and the process begins again!
Spelling! hehehe I miss spell check when on the board!

sho305
12-25-2002, 10:22 PM
They had problems with that, otherwise you just click on it and retype what you want, then submit it. You have to remember an explorer window is just showing you what some server out on the net sent you, and normaly has nothing to do with your computer. Best thing you can do is try to type better, that is hardest part. Also you can compose in word program and spell check, then highlight/copy and paste it here in the window instead of typing it(maybe if long post). Can do that with web addresses to, (highlight with cursor) use ctrl/C to copy and ctrl/V to paste, X is cut if you need it. Just try it or ask here to figure it out, no biggy:)

The net is your library, and google is your servant. S & F is just awesome boating mecca:D

airide18
12-26-2002, 02:06 PM
Spelling,Whats that,no one does that right on this board:D :D

sho305
12-26-2002, 02:19 PM
Hehehe, no nobody cares and it takes too much time. This is pretty informal anyway. It just seems that many guys do not type, especially older people, and they are missing out. It is not hard to type good enough to be active on here, and you'll use it in other places. I never understood this 'computer fear' thing, if ya don't know then ask! You can learn about pretty much anything on the net, just type it in google, but many do not know that. Would not want to miss out on some boating guru's comments here either because of this ya know:D

I've had people afraid to do something on the computer because they thought the thing was going to blow up if they pushed the wrong key. So they did nothing. Thats no fun at all.:cool:

airide18
12-26-2002, 08:30 PM
MY dad is completly computer iliterate!!!!:D Dosent even know where to turn it on at.:D

JOHNNYGUN
12-30-2002, 08:55 AM
drfldfdf rkigm/dghkojdgfoukjfkd kldilfnrlodf

oops:D just got back off vacation, fergot hou 2 tipe:D spillin? dont need no stinking spell checker er er :p

damn it jim, i'm a boat ma ka nic, not a secretary! typing lessons are lost on me:D :D

i have a hard time trying to shrink pics to make them fit. just takes a little practice. and some help from some body who knows more about it than i do:cool:

sho305
12-30-2002, 12:33 PM
The again....sometimes I think computer illiteracy can be a great advantage for those who have it;) ;) ;)

airide18
12-30-2002, 04:13 PM
Hey atleast we can all just type period,some dont even have fingers to type with:D