PDA

View Full Version : Best product to paint floor bilge

200VEGAS
06-20-2012, 05:28 PM
What is the best stuff to refinish bilge in like white also thre floor/sides area. Interlux bilgecoat?

rev.ronnie
10-07-2012, 12:56 AM
What is the best stuff to refinish bilge in like white also thre floor/sides area. Interlux bilgecoat?

Yes, good product. Like everything, the key to success is prep. Lacquer thinner does a good job of prepping bare wood or cleaning existing glass. You may want to scuff it too.

JUPITER PULSARE
10-07-2012, 12:56 PM

Here's what a freshly BilgeKoted bilge looks like:

doubleeagle
10-08-2012, 08:01 AM
I have been using a bed liner material called Raptor Its a 2 part urthane comes in a 1 gal kit with a spray gun This stuff is tough as nails good adhesion has a non skid texture It covers 24 grit scratchs comes in black and a tintable color. You can adjust texture by adjusting air pressure and thinning. Drys to satin finish that is hard not spongy like most bed liner materials

delawarerick
10-08-2012, 08:49 AM
How much prep before you apply is there any forgiveness?

BRB
10-08-2012, 10:38 AM
also look up durabak

doubleeagle
10-09-2012, 07:58 AM
The first time I used it was on a Jet Ski where the rubber foot pads were torn up I spent a lot of time on the prep sanding and primering surface and 320 sanding primer. After shooting it I discovered I had way over done it. The next time was on a boat I had replaced transom and stringers I completed glass work flow coated and finished with 80 and shot. Next time was a freshen up bilge before installing motor I washed out oil and crap with Simple Green grab small hand grinder with 36 grit disc gave it a lick and a promise cleaned with laq thinner and shot It came out as good as the Jet Ski I spent 4 hrs on Prep.The bilge was just woven roving geled over from factory the stuff covered the roving pattern and looked like I spent a day or so on prep

Speed Jr.
03-05-2013, 12:52 PM
Has anyone tried the rustolium bath tub epoxy? Ive done 5 bath tubs in some of my rental houses, it goes on very easy and is very durable to wet conditions (obvously). Any thoughts? Thinkin about using this on my twister this spring.....

Jr.

Stitch King
03-05-2013, 01:57 PM
Yes I used it in a bilge and it worked well. I never tested it by leaving standing water in the bilge for any length of time so I don't know if that will cause it to lift.

gregpro50
03-05-2013, 03:10 PM
I've used black swimming pool paint with good results. I imagine the white would work just as well.

lightspeed
05-15-2013, 09:36 PM
Interlux Perfection The Best