PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning question!

BajaSvr
05-15-2012, 12:19 AM
What is the best way to remove the black "growth" from white vinyl seats?

97mirage
05-15-2012, 06:03 AM
Mr. Clean Magic Erasers have always worked the best for me...have found nothing better...

pyro
05-15-2012, 09:36 AM
Mr. Clean Magic Erasers have always worked the best for me...have found nothing better...

It's amazing what the Erasers can do with nothing more than plain water. Rub in short, brisk back-and-forth strokes for the best cleaning action. After the vinyl dries, rub with a dry cloth and the shine will come right back. :)

speedman79
05-15-2012, 09:48 AM
I just stole my wife's magic eraser and I'm off to the garage...:D

Shameless
05-15-2012, 12:36 PM
You must condition your vinyl after using an eraser. I recommend 303. If you cant get 303, any other vinyl condition that has uv inhibitors with NO silicone can be used

pyro
05-15-2012, 01:30 PM
Like I said, the only real conditioning you'll need is a dry towel buff. A polished surface will resist future dirt better. A little 303 doesn't hurt though. :)

Use PLENTY of WATER with the magic eraser for better cleaning action and less abrasion. Short strokes will work the best. Each time the eraser changes direction while rubbing, it digs in and removes the stain.

I've got original interior in my boat, but you wouldn't guess it at a glance. ;)

BajaSvr
05-16-2012, 03:38 AM
thanks for the help guys.... I used magic erasers last season but was wondering if anyone had found the "magic" cure to the "growth"
What is 303?

Shameless
05-16-2012, 09:10 AM
thanks for the help guys.... I used magic erasers last season but was wondering if anyone had found the "magic" cure to the "growth"
What is 303?

303 is a uv inhibitor and conditioner. And yes, protecting your vinyl is a must, especially after using an eraser. Erasers are an abrasive. Google 303 aerospace to read all about it. Its not cheap, but i feel its the best. Its all i use for my detailing business. And NO, I DONT SELL.IT, I USE IT.....

pyro
05-16-2012, 09:24 AM
Cure for the growth?

Don't cover up your boat with any moisture present. Let the wet footprints dry in the sun before putting a cover on it. Moisture and heat breeds mildew.

Novak7669
05-16-2012, 11:17 PM
when i detailed i always used spray nine and magic erasers on all of my boats, that combo is awsome. after u clean them go out and buy starbrites vinyl protector and wipe everything down with that.seats will look and feel brand new!

speedman79
05-30-2012, 07:23 PM
I never thought to use a magic eraser but holy cow did that work awesome. I have used softscrub to get bird $h!t off my white cooler cushions but this blows that away. Thank you!! Never used 303 but I'm gonna some of that too. :cheers: