PDA

View Full Version : Drag racing purse

Kenny
12-18-2002, 01:09 PM
Hey guys check out the payout here CSDBA members 32000.00 non-members 16000.00 www.csdba.net it pays to join.

xMitchx
12-18-2002, 09:44 PM
Kenny, I'll be seeing you at the races. 1st place in my class would take home $2,020.00. If you could win one race it would pay for the rest of the year.

Kenny
12-24-2002, 01:44 PM
xMitchx We'll be looking forward to seeing you at the races. We'll have to do the ribeye thing after the races. If we both can pull off a win might even make some good money . You are planning on running the 10.00s aren't you?

xMitchx
12-27-2002, 06:33 AM
Yes, I'll be running in the 10:00s, and I'm going to hold you to the ribeye.:D

sbailey
12-28-2002, 11:16 PM
Kenny,

Thanks for hooking me up with this forum. It’s nice to see that racers here at Scream and Fly don’t mind extra cash for the winners. CSDBA works there tails off finding sponsors to help improve the purse. We also have a very large, experienced, and talented group of volunteers that donate their time and effort so that we can channel more dollars to our purse and fewer dollars to administrative costs. Our CFO is second to none when it comes to managing money. So there won’t be any misunderstandings, our standard purse is as strong as any of the other associations in the Bracket and Sportsman classes but it does double for CSDBA members. I will be scanning this forum daily to look for suggestions, ideas, and concerns to take to the CSDBA board of directors in an effort to improve our sport. Thanks again for hooking me up.

Kenny
12-31-2002, 07:34 PM
Sam, glad I could help out. There are a lot of neat people on this site . Hopefully we can get some of them to come race with us , more boats more fun! Have a Happy New Year. We'll talk later .

sbailey
01-01-2003, 10:59 AM
Jeff Toney has some really great pix of the Ponca City Thunder event for 2002 posted on his site and a little extra about the Sportsman of the Year.

http://www.motorsportnews.com/

Anybody recognise this beauty?

http://www.motorsportnews.com/Sections/Drag%20Boats/Mvc-561f.jpg

LakeRacer99
01-02-2003, 02:06 PM
Sam:
Denise Hodges?

Thanks for posting the CSDBA info, we need to get some more outboards spanking the Jets & V-drives...

sbailey
01-02-2003, 03:11 PM
Yup, that’s Denise. She did a lot of spanking in 2002.

Ok, you like outboards getting wild and winning? Bonus points if anybody can tell me who this is. Hint; our wheelie king won this event in the ME class.

Kenny
01-02-2003, 11:55 PM
I think that is Steve Zuckerman, could be wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kenny
01-03-2003, 12:29 AM
May I PLEASE ride in this boat just once???: :Denise, Aquatic Therapy 101

sbailey
01-03-2003, 08:20 AM
Denise, I’ve seen you ride a pretty good wheelie yourself. I have some video clips I’ll send you. Guess again on who. This guy leaves the rope like this every pass. I’m going to try to negotiate advertisement space on the bottom of his boat. LOL Here’s another hint: This race was 2002 Pine Bluff and this is what it looked like from another angle.

Ray Neudecker
01-03-2003, 12:19 PM
Ron Holden's Mercury drag powered STV.

sbailey
01-03-2003, 12:53 PM
Bingo Ray, Ron stands it on it's prop then flattens out and makes a great run every time. If Fox (outside lane) had looked to his right while making that run, we would have found that ballistic shorts provides two way protection.

ALLISON7710
01-07-2003, 08:01 AM
I WAS SITTING NEXT TO HIM ON THE ROPE IN QUALIFYING AT LEXINGTON RACE AND WHEN HE TAKES OFF YOU THINK HE IS GOING UP SIDE DOWN.LOL. THANKS ERIC.

Kenny
01-07-2003, 08:03 PM
Eric, you and Ron and anyone else that wants , should come race with us ,CSDBA , and show the inboards how it's done. We need more outboards. Hope to see you.
Kenny

Kenny
02-05-2003, 02:27 PM
Sam or Wes, what time is the get together on sunday?

sbailey
02-05-2003, 03:34 PM
Kenny and Denise,

10:AM Sunday unless you want to play golf on Saturday.

Wes said we needed to try to go Saturday and play golf. He found a put-put game on the internet and got hooked, so I'm not sure if he knows about sure-nuff cow-pasture-pool or not.

BTW, I got the VHS done!

Kenny
02-05-2003, 04:45 PM
Sam, we'll see you at 10 or so , golf is not for me , thanks anyway.

ALLISON7710
02-05-2003, 07:41 PM
AT LEAST YOU GUYS WONT BUG ME ABOUT MY WEIGHT.LOL WHEN AND WHERE. THANKS ERIC.

Kenny
02-05-2003, 08:31 PM
Herington,Kansas May 24-25
Ponca City, Oklahoma June 21-22
TBA (Very Soon) July 12-13
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma August1-2-3
Tulsa, Oklahoma August 23-24
Topeka, Kansas TBA
Eric, We look forward to seeing you. Be sure and check out the web site www.csdba.net For any new info. Thanks

Kenny

xMitchx
02-22-2003, 10:07 AM
Has Tulsa been taken out of the schedule? On CSDBA's web site, the Topeka race is Aug. 23 and 24 and it doesn't say anything about Tulsa.

sbailey
02-22-2003, 11:02 AM
The ownership of the water rights at Tulsa is being disputed. It does not look likely that it will be resolved in time for 2003. It’s a tough deal to be almost set and then something like this comes up. We will be running the Topeka race in its place. We had some flexibility with Topeka and wanted to use it if anything went wrong with one of the other events.

The Topeka site will be a great place to race. It is very shielded from wind, has a huge spectator area, and all the pit and campsite area necessary to hold a major event. Even I could put a boat in the water from this ramp. What do you think Kenny, 4 boats going in and 4 boats coming out, all at the same time? As we get closer to the race dates, we’ll post some pictures of the site.

Rocket
02-25-2003, 08:03 PM
For yo boys who live a little further south, Try SDBA!

2003 SDBA Race Venue Schedule

2003 SCHEDULE UPDATE
April 25*, 26, & 27 Waco, TX
May 31 & June 1 Brady, TX **
June 14 & 15 Ft.Worth TX
June 28 & 29 Waco, TX ***
July 12 &13 Wichita, KS **
August 8*, 9, & 10 Marble Falls, TX ***
August 16 & 17 Cleburne, TX **
August 23 & 24 Chouteau, OK ***
August 30 & 31 Pine Bluff, AR
September 13 & 14 Bryan, TX

* Test & Tune Date.
** Co-Points Event SDBA Hosting.
*** Co-Points Event IHBA Div. 2 Hosting.
You can click on a specific race venue for

Kenny
03-25-2003, 01:17 PM
Hey Sam you think Charlie will get on here now that he has a puter? It may become real interesting. See you in April.

sbailey
03-25-2003, 03:44 PM
I don't know Kenny.

It was a big step for Charlie to get a puter (he's a little old fashion ya know). I hear that he just got in-door plumbing last week (wanted to make sure it caught on before he invested).

Then again he might go hog a$$ wild now tweaking it out, adding on gigga everything so he will have the biggest, baddest, fastest puter in cyberspace.

Give him a month or two to figure out how to turn it on and then we better hold on tight and ride out the rollers!

I will be in Melvern on Friday to take some pictures of Eisenhower State Park. A lot of people have been asking about our "Topeka" event and I figured I'd post some pictures. Like Herington, this is going to be a sweet place to race.

Tell Sweet Thang I said Hi.;)

sbailey
03-29-2003, 02:53 PM
Kenny, we need to let our buddies here at S&F know that it's about time to go racing!

Flint Hills Summer Nationals @ Herington, Kansas is coming up soon - May 24-25.

Wanted - Outboard racers to help put inboard racers on the trailer after first round of eliminations.

We accept all associations' memberships but we double the winners' payouts for CSDBA members.

Here's the purse with the standard / members' winner payouts:

13 second class win pays $450 / $900
12 second class win pays $600 / $1200
11 second class win pays $912 / $1825
10 second class win pays $1013 / $2025
9 second class win pays $1125 / $2250
8 second class win pays $1500 / $3000
7 second class win pays $1800 / $3600

We have an additional $250 standard / $500 member bonus for each and every .000 run (ET). (Qualifying and Elimination rounds) Your next run could be worth an additional $500.

Herington is one great place to race and I hope to see ya all there.

sbailey
04-19-2003, 10:29 AM
PRESS RELEASE

It is with regret and disappointment that the CSDBA Officers and Board of Directors must inform you that we have no choice but to cancel our 2003 Season, due to not being able to renew or obtain liability insurance. We have been working on this problem for several months with no results. This insurance is mandatory at all races involving city, state or federal owned bodies of water and protects the sanctioning organization, promoter, sponsors and spectators that attend any drag boat race. This special event insurance has constantly been increasing and now the few companies nationwide that underwrite it will not renew policies. It should be noted that all liability insurance we are discussing is basically underwritten by only a few underwriters regardless of the broker or agent. We have never filed a claim in the past 10 years, but this has no bearing on the underwriters, as it appears to be a line of business that is not worth their risk anymore. We even contacted the state of Oklahoma Insurance Commissioner but were informed this type of specialty insurance was out of their jurisdiction.

Because of the amount of "up front" money that is required to put on races months before they happen, such as, TV, radio, newspaper advertising, posters, flyers, tickets, sponsor promotions, etc., it is necessary to make our decision to cancel now in order to be financially sound with all those affected. We did not feel it would be fair to continue in hopes the problem would be resolved further into the season. This is a universal problem confronting all drag boat racing associations and depending upon their renewal dates, they too will have to deal with this crisis at hand. In our case our policy renewal date was September 2002.

The CSDBA remains financially strong and had already made preparations for this year's racing schedule with equipment testing days, the construction of a new starting barge and ordering state-of-the-art Condel sensors for the 2003 season. We added one new race site to our 2003 schedule and were experiencing an increase in significant sponsorship at two of our existing race sites.

This in no way means CSDBA is closing its doors permanently, only that the 2003 Season will not be possible. We thank all of you who have supported our organization and races throughout the past 10 years. For those who took advantage of our early discounted membership offer, we will be offering full refunds for the 2003 Season. A request for membership refund will be forwarded shortly. We felt it necessary to publish this announcement on our web site immediately along with mailing our membership a copy in order to minimize the rumor mill. All this is to say that we did not make this decision lightly or without exhausting all resources.

The CSDBA Board of Directors