stokernick
03-20-2012, 07:32 PM
Interlux! check them out on Jamestown Distributers

ActivatedSludge
03-20-2012, 08:04 PM
Collinite Fleetwax

Enticer1
08-08-2012, 05:52 PM
Just out of curiosity I used something I had in the garage and was pleasantly surprised with the results. My wife had picked it up at Camping World, its called "Color Restorer & Deoxidizer RV Wax by Thetford. I applied it with an electric buffer at very low RPM and worked it in until almost dry. After an easy buff by hand the boat looked lik a new one. The label claims " with the Finest Carnauba Wax " and " Effective UV Blocker " I just did it a week ago so don't know what the life of the shine will be.

pyro
08-08-2012, 07:21 PM
Anything called "color restorer" is typically a harsh abrasive cleaner/wax compound. Follow up with a fine swirl remover cream on a foam wheel and witness the magic. THEN put on some good wax. :)

200VEGAS
11-27-2012, 11:29 AM
Interlux is out of the boating business so i ordered 3m scotchgard marine liquid wax and 3m vinyhal protector conditioner. Sound good? WHAT EVER YOU DO DO NOT USE MAGUIRES GOLD CLASS...

pyro
11-27-2012, 12:58 PM
I use Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax synthetic polymer "wax" after buffing out on a foam rotary wheel with Swirl Remover and Machine Glaze. The site owner Greg isn't too fond of synthetic polymer waxes on gelcoat, but I've never had any issues with it. Lasts longer than carnuba, easy on and easy off, and not particularly dusty. It takes a very "even" application and thorough buffing on the medium gelcoat shades due to their unique fine texture and tendency to resist buffing to a glass finish. As long as it's evenly applied and well-buffed, it looks great and lasts a long time.

200VEGAS
11-28-2012, 12:21 PM
Th/nks pyro hope your doing well by the way

H20WKD
11-28-2012, 04:21 PM
http://i50.tinypic.com/useg7.jpg

:thumbsup:

Flatlander
12-05-2012, 07:46 AM
I just finished buffing my new ride with 3M Finesse and a foam wheel. I then waxed it with Collinite 925 marine wax. Smoooooth and shiny.
I've been using Collinite insulator wax on my truck for quite a while now, and bugs don't even stick to it. They make a good product.

2 De River
02-11-2013, 02:34 PM
ICE by Turtle wax does a good job & Lucas makes a great spray wax for between the wax jobs

ActivatedSludge
02-13-2013, 06:30 AM
I just finished buffing my new ride with 3M Finesse and a foam wheel. I then waxed it with Collinite 925 marine wax. Smoooooth and shiny.
I've been using Collinite insulator wax on my truck for quite a while now, and bugs don't even stick to it. They make a good product.
I have been wanting to try the insulator wax myself. Collinite is the best wax I have found,results and durability are A1. Kurt

bigbluechevy454
02-14-2013, 10:07 PM
I use royal blue on everthing easy to work with

slowaction420
02-14-2013, 10:19 PM
I have been wanting to try the insulator wax myself. Collinite is the best wax I have found,results and durability are A1. Kurt
:iagree: Fleet wax in the can last the longest I think also love the insulator wax

rev.ronnie
02-18-2013, 07:08 PM
Interlux is out of the boating business so i ordered 3m scotchgard marine liquid wax and 3m vinyhal protector conditioner. Sound good? WHAT EVER YOU DO DO NOT USE MAGUIRES GOLD CLASS...

I have had great results with Gold Class. I do not use it, or even recommend wax on gel that has been faded and then buffed though. Often times I see clouds.

What have been your problems with Gold class?

I also like Eagle One products.

albypine
02-18-2013, 08:22 PM
Wax threads are all most as good as oil threads ;) I used turtle wax for years and now it sux so this year I will used a real turtle :) jk . Anything with carnauba wax or smells like bananas seems to work good for me . If they fall off the bow of my boat I know it's good wax :D 3m marine works good for when I am to lazy to use the full cover 1/2 the summer to get shine back and wax after