PDA

View Full Version : Reversible seat mount needed

rev.ronnie
03-07-2012, 07:18 AM
Hi,
I'm looking for a seat mout that will allow me to remove the passenger seat and install it backwards for skiing. It's on a Hydrostream Viper and there is not room for a swivel type.

I just want a simple quick release that will allow a 180 degre flip. If there is nothing available that has worked well for others, I'll just machine something up..

Thanks, Ron

XSive
03-07-2012, 08:20 AM
Call Bill @ Allison Boats they make one that works well.

rev.ronnie
03-11-2012, 01:44 AM
Great, thanks!

Liberator*21
03-11-2012, 06:03 AM
Ronnie,

There is a post I put up on cockpit covers for my Liberator, and it also had some ideas in it from River Rocket for a reverseable set mount made by using a Minn Kota aluminum T/Motor Bracket. I did that mod in my Liberator on both seats so its easy to talk to someone in the back seat when just beached or drifting. Mounts were like $38 ea from Walmart. Check it out.

BTW....FXR on the Handy Lift in ur avatar ????

rev.ronnie
03-11-2012, 07:26 AM
Gary,
cool, I'll look into that too. It sounds like a good idea!

The bike on the lift is an FXR. Its a new one I'm building..it's actually a Tripoly frame, Boyce rear fork, GMA wide front. It's going to be a one of a kind. I got so sick of seeing stupid "tribute bikes" being built for even dumber things...this one will be its own animal. I built a 96" shevo engine for it. Half shovel, half Evo hybrid. It uses an Evo crank and cam, lifters and blocks, remachined to the shovel angles. The oiling goes through the pushrods and I had the rocker oil holes burned through with an EDM. No external oiling. I machined the ext spigots on the heads to use Evo and shovel flanges together. Finally, I plugged and remachined the tranny mount holes to accept a late model Road king primary and clutch and put a 6 speed in it. I also welded the lower mounting boss on. The exhaust is a custom pipe I built. 2 into one, 1 3/4 primary 3" collector.
It's a long term project..I keep getting distracted by boat stuff! I'll post some pics when I get it done. When you see what it is, you'll get it. It will be the most original "tribute" yet!