PDA

View Full Version : paint remover

bulldogdaddy
12-12-2002, 05:50 PM
got capt. lee's paint remover and man it works great. spray it on and wait till it bubbles up!but it's temprature sensitive. when it got below 45 it doesn't react to good. kinda like me,lol

bulldogdaddy
12-12-2002, 05:51 PM
thanks scott for hooking me up with charlie! was kinda wondering what the laugh was after he said good luck,now i know!

airide18
12-12-2002, 06:24 PM
Some of the new paint strippers are good but they stopped making them as strong as they used to.The older stuff is the best!!!!

bulldogdaddy
12-13-2002, 09:32 AM
i'm sure they were,but probably the tree huggers got it of the market! but not complaing about the stuff i'm using though. good things come from hard work!plus now i'm finding all the stuff that was wrong on the boat that they covered up!:rolleyes:

Scott
12-13-2002, 12:20 PM
Those guys at Superrior are great to work with! If it's paint or related they gots the asnwers! Did ya get a chance to see any of the tech. reps. cars? Way cool! I did get a chance to tell Charlie that the Roestta Red Pearls kicked ass in the clear coat!

bulldogdaddy
12-13-2002, 12:55 PM
thay didn't have there cars there,everytime i go there it's raining!btw,what paint did you use for the baja?

Scott
12-13-2002, 01:07 PM
PPG "Intense white" 4 step urethane. Similar to 3M's Chromacolor series, not quite as costly. Dosent "need" a clear coat but I wanted to do the pearl thing so I did a clear anyway. I started looking for 3M's CC after seeing the Project Skater art. in F&PB. After talking with the guys at Superrior I ended up with PPG. I was use to working with Laquers, so the sw to urethane was tricky. Diff. technique to spraying but forgiving! Imron's the trick, but the "Project Baja" budget was a tad thin in the paint column.

bulldogdaddy
12-13-2002, 01:24 PM
and i'm looking at house of kolors paint book when i'm there,now i have to work all weekend but if it rains tomorrow i should be able to get up to see the baja,or if your not doin anything sat. night maybbe then.got to see it in person!

vector mike
12-13-2002, 04:11 PM
I've heard that when using paint strippers on fiberglass that it can penetrate the glass and cause a reaction that plays hell with the paint that you spray over it. Have you guys had any problems like that?

bulldogdaddy
12-13-2002, 06:32 PM
nope not yet,maybe its just been to cold but this stripper isn't suposed to penetrate the original gel.

bulldogdaddy
12-15-2002, 03:24 PM
after doing more paint remover i've found out that they have actually regelled over the original metalflake.man this is getting tough!now should i just start wetsanding the old gel? seams the paint remover isn't taking it off.