PDA

View Full Version : Garage of Dreams.......

Jeff Lytle
12-11-2002, 11:12 PM
Take a good look in here !! Anzani's, Crescent, Twister, 44 cu.in. Looper, 3rd port Deflector WOW !!!
The nice thing about this garage, is that it is owned by John Taylor, from Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada, and HE RUNS THIS STUFF !! No Sawhorse Queens here !!

Travis Fulton
12-15-2002, 10:54 PM
kewel looking stuff!!!!!! most people will need a bib after looking at that pix,;)

Raceman
12-15-2002, 11:07 PM
I guess that must be a Quincey looper with the pipes on both sides of the block, and the ones with the pipes out the top and bottom's must be Anzanis. Looks like a 6 cyl Merc of some kind painted yellow, but the twin carb 4 cyl powerhead in the back center looks big to be a Merc although I guess it must be. The one in the front that seems to have the 3carbs feeding the side of the case has me completely baffled. I've never seen that one before.

Mark75H
12-15-2002, 11:51 PM
That's the Crescent from Sweden as noted on the "Super C" thread.

http://www.outboardracing.com/core/images/superc2.jpg

It's a piston port intake engine, no reeds or rotary valve so the carbs are on the sides of the cylinders much like a motorcycle.

Mark75H
12-16-2002, 12:01 AM
Dick O'Dea's Crescent flier:

Boz
12-21-2002, 02:48 PM
a couple of times at our boat show here in the spring. I don't run that kind of stuff and aren't familiar with it but it sure is neat!
John Taylor was responsible, I think, for bringing that class of boat to races held here in Winnipeg the summer of 97. August was the month. They also had the outboard draggers here that same weekend but that was the only race here. Does anyone know why it hasn't come back here.:confused: :)

Jeff Lytle
12-22-2002, 08:44 PM
If you want it from the horses mouth, ask John yourself. He sent me an e-mail on the subject once when I asked. The reply was a 2 pager !!
It seems it was all political B.S. that prevented a good showing at the race, and prevented another from being scheduled. Two racing Clubs--1 from the US, the other from Canada, decided to lock horns over issues pertaining to this race. The olny ones that seemed to suffer were the racers themselves. A shame really--Looks like JT did all his homework well, and it could have been an anual event for years to come, but ego's got in the way as usual.

Boz
12-22-2002, 10:36 PM
We also had the Formula One guys here for a couple of years in the early 90's but that has stopped as well. Would be nice to bring those boys back but I wouldn't know where to start. I'd sure step up to help though.