PDA

View Full Version : West Coast Chapter Barney Rant

Barney
04-23-2001, 08:19 PM
Representing for the OBer's all across the world!

It was nothing short of domination! There were some bad ass fast boats there, some high $$$ DCB,s Stokers, Eliminator outboards, without S&F balls. Got some bad boys over here, some things you may not know!

Lets start with some suprises.
Dr. Wicky, thats, right the famous Dr. Wicky!
:) (Animal Style)
Now I may not be on the forefront of Allison handleing, but our Dr. Wicky is a surgeon!
Havasu was windy, 3-4 ft chop at times. The Dr. was in!
Dr. Wicky was first the line of defense. From outward apperances we thought his boat was least set-up for the conditions. Dr.Wicky's effiencey was spectacular, he had challenges running both directions on the course. We watched and laughed, and ahhed as he single handledly dispatched the entire field! Damn that dude can fly!
We are running about a mile or so section of channel, turns currents, shallow spots, lane changing. Large boats (wakes) running both directions, rolling wakes, a mess. Dr. Wicky riding small rises, wake tops, slicing dicing, un-****ing beleivable. Crowds cheered, dude tore the **** up! His precision ablity to balance on that pad through everything, timing wakes like he was wakeboard, never a faulter. Amazing!
I asked him about the boat, he bought it from Baker Marine as they had set it up. Piece of **** grade 3 bolts, with poor placement and all. What appears to be SOME BULL**** rigging that could have caused serious injury because the damn cheap bolts failed! Quick action from Rickracer, The good Doctors training saved their lives and motor! Back to the Bakers in another post!

Uncle (The Big Daddy) Tony, now here's the mystery guy! I was very interested to meet him, some rep, some talk, hard to find him. It is a good thing he's hard to find, you don't want to! Super nice guy, would not have been able to do my things without him. I gave him grief at every chance, I had no idea about his Midas touch, The West Coast Trump Card, he was broke down and choose to help others, he knew we would not require his MASTERY. I was fortunate not to run him, unfortunate not to get a ride. The day I was broke down, people without boats showed up as invited by me. UT was up first giving rides helping get everyone inbvolved and having fun. I think his generosity with his boat, wanting to help, good nature, may have cause his mid section failures. He may have the fastest boat in the nation! He has no need to sell it, it you really want to know, just bring it. If you have some cash and think you got ****, call me! You beat me, I'll set it up. BRING YO ****! West Coast King Tony! Big Daddy!

Scott(007)Dyson, master of Mirage. Final day was rough, sun came out, so did more boats. 007 has a flare for the dramatic, it is not enough for him to just beat you, he does it with style. His piloting skills rival those stunts from James Bond movies. Look at the faces on them, we would laugh as Scott would pass a boat, circle, pass him again as if possing for a photo shoot. I chased him though the channel all day, untill the Gray Promax went down, Project motor came out, conditions were the major factor on that.
I will not count on that happening again. Scott embodies the finest qualities in humans, he also dedicated his spare time to helping others, UT, myself, Dr. Wicky all experienced break down, Scott and his wife are responsible for me being able to run at all, I am greatly indebted!
He is the poster child of our industry, literally!

There are some others, the 3 of these guy are married, I had the great pleasure to meet Mrs. Dr. Wicky and Mrs. 007 Dyson. If there are marriages that struggle due to high performance boating, these are the other side! They could not do what they do without the love and support from their wives, I'm certain the same applies to UT, these are some extremely talented people that have also been able to master tremendous amounts of caring and respect for one another. It was as awesome a site to see those soulmates working together as it was to watch them run their bad ass boats together! True Teamwork!

I thank you all,

The Barn!

LaveyT
04-23-2001, 08:51 PM
Damn,wish I was there sounds like It was a blast!I would like to see Wicky in the Rough stuff.nuthin cooler than controlled flight thru a Hurricane!(send some PICS)

KaptainKirk
04-23-2001, 08:55 PM
Have to say you are more eloquent then I Barney!
I was only there for friday but I can echo all your feelings for all involved!
I would like to thank U.T. for letting me pick his brain,
And thank you for the ride!!!I will never forget something that short and sweet!!
My hat is off and deepest thanks to both RickRacer and BathTubBabe!!Thank You both for entertaining and carting me and my uncle around for the day!!3 hours I won't soon forget!And of course to Barney for the use of the boat!
And Barney thanks for the Room and the invite!!
Look out I will take you up on that offer of the strip club and lake mead!!REAL SOON!!And RiverRacer 280ss your shop is EXCELLENT!!Thank you for the tour!!Wicky sorry I missed your acrobatics,next time!!
I know I missed some, sorry....thanks to all for making a memorable weekend.
If any can come to firewater or any other time let me know!
I owe ya!!
K.K.

JTS Racing
04-23-2001, 09:08 PM
Good to hear ya had a great time. What happened to the bad boyz with da bad toyz. Phoenix get in their way?? Oh well, you need ta come on back and get um going again:D

See ya

Merlin :cool:

Barney
04-24-2001, 01:03 AM
The rigging issues on Wicky's boat are discussed in the tech section. Really wanted to keep this thread in a positive vibe!