PDA

View Full Version : Attn Raceman

Capt.Insane-o
12-10-2002, 01:03 AM
In my recent travels I ran into a guy with a bunch of old mercs. And he has a mark 20 h complete with (not in) the crate and all. He's getting pretty old and is starting to get rid of his stuff. He lives in the U.P. (upper peninsula, Michigan). He gave me a bunch of 4cyl mark stuff. (I got like 15 complete mags!) I have no idea what that 20h would be worth, he says it was only used a few times. It looks really nice, I'll be going back up there on the 20 th. After your e-bay excursion this might be up your alley.

David_L6
12-10-2002, 01:24 AM
I'm interested in 4 cylinder stuff that he may be selling. My e-mail is DavidL6@WebTV.net

Capt.Insane-o
12-10-2002, 01:52 AM
Whatchya need? I need to get rid of all of what i've got really. Several 35 a's and 58 a's a few gearcases cowls, 2 blade brass props 11-15 pitch. etc

Raceman
12-10-2002, 04:55 PM
I'd really be interested in the 20H. The one I've got now isn't that nice, although it could be with enough work. There's nothing like an original though. Let me know if it's available.

Thanks.

Capt.Insane-o
12-10-2002, 05:50 PM
I don't think it's going anywhere, he does'nt know what he wants for it (what's it worth to ya?) **** , I don't know. Gimmie something to work with.

Raceman
12-10-2002, 06:55 PM
I won't pay what it'd probably bring on E Bay, so that's a handicap. I'd say low teens would be about all I'd want to pay for a fairly nice one at this point.

Capt.Insane-o
12-11-2002, 02:16 AM
and the guys number. He's about 80, and being a yooper his whole life is a little hard to understand. A yooper and a Georgia boy on the phone together, I'd like to here that conversation!:D

Raceman
12-11-2002, 08:38 AM
I don't know what a yooper is, but if he talks anything like Mr. Patel at every convenience store and motel down here I'll have a helluva time communicatin' with him.

sho305
12-11-2002, 11:48 AM
A yooper, as in from the U.P.(yooo peee, upper penninsula of MI) They are another breed of their own, and sometimes do not even like us people from the LP. It is pretty sparce population up there and much different from here. For example, if you want to po them, get a place up there and put up a security light. See how many minutes before they shoot it out. You can see every star in the night sky there, and they like that. Screw you city people and your lights. I don't think they even lock their doors there, but you don't want to walk right in, believe me. Not a good idea to po them obviously. On the other hand, they can be very nice, and I have had them help me out with snowmobile problems a few times where I could not thank them enough. Just like anyone else, need to respect them. Must be you never heard "The Yooper Song" some funny guys did. They can have an accent that is not very commonly heard elsewhere, eh?. A little canadian maybe. Real pretty country up there, and people that go there learn how to get along with them, just not many go there. And they can drink a LOT.:D

Capt.Insane-o
12-11-2002, 12:15 PM
Thanks for 'splainin that. You 'dere. They got a little hiilbilly, plus throw some some Finnish, a litttle Canandian eh?, and maybe a touch of Ebonics. It is God's country up there, My budddy went to Michigan Tech, in Houghton on the Keewenaw Peninsula. It snows there I swear three feet at a time. we were sledding down the roof of a three story apartment building. Amazing.:eek:

sho305
12-23-2002, 10:07 AM
Hehehe...My brother went there too, and complained the first year because he did not know the campus well yet....and when you walked to another building you were in a tunnel of snow and could not see the buildings...so he kept walking to the wrong ones and had to keep going back outside and try another tunnel!!!

Even the best blizzards here only make for 3-4' of snow, maybe 6-8' drifts in my lifetime. Once I was trying to climb a drift off a 15' hill on a snowmobile, I got part way up too slow, and got stuck and rolled it. I tried to hold the sled up to save the windshield and it pushed me down into the snow...never touched ground and broke it anyway. I'm over 6'. I remember riding up there and you had to be good to climb the 12' walls of snow on the roads, and not get run over by a car too, or find one when you were going fast! Sometimes you had to go miles down the road to get out of the road.

Yes, the UP dialect has to be one to its own!